• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Improve Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood by allowing prioritization of culture buildings during visits

Zeus Macabre

I like the concept of the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood, but I will never build it simply because the culture buildings that produce mana never rise to the top of the list when people visit and click a Culture building to Polish.

To solve this, I propose the following:

Allow us to set the priority of Culture buildings between (a) their Culture value, or (b) their Mana value.

a.) If the priority is by Culture, then it works as it does today. When someone visits, they are given the next best culture building according to the culture output.

b.) If the priority is by Mana, then when someone visits they are given the best Mana producing building, or the next best culture building if there are no unpolished Mana buildings remaining.

I think this would be a tremendous improvement to the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood, and make it worth building.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Does their selection of a mana producing building increase the amount of mana it produces? I thought the increased production only applied to coins and supplies. If it applies to mana as well, then I'd be in favor of the change, but if not, what would be the point? I guess I'm a bit confused about it.

AJ

OIM20

To try and make sure I'm clear on what the building does (I'm not that far along yet) and how to access its benefits, from ElvenGems Comparison Guide on the "Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood":
Once you place this wonder, neighborly help will begin boosting the mana output on any building which has been enchanted with Ensorcelled Endowment.
What I understand this to say is that the building that is helped by the neighbor has to also have the EE (purple hands) on it for the mana boost to be in effect.

So if I understand what you're wanting, instead of seeing this:
NH-now.jpg

Yes, I altered the graphic so the names of my neighbor and their city isn't showing. That's why the font is different. Otherwise, this is unaltered.
You'd like to see something like this:
NH-mock up.jpg

No, the sizing isn't quite right for the new choice. It's not your eyesight. ;)
Do I have that right? (Screen and mock-up are using the appearance of NH in the mobile app.)

So then, if a neighbor chose to help the mana building (whatever showed up), then if it didn't have the EE on it, that's a hint to the player to use that spell on that building to get the boost, yes? As such, would just adding the option into the window, with players then using the city names the way we do now (C/B/M might now read Mana/C/B/M or M*/C/B/MH) to denote which help is preferred resolve the request? I'm trying to determine the least labor intensive method to getting the result you want as that's more likely to get consideration from the devs. How much they have to alter will likely determine the priority a suggestion/idea is given.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@OIM20
I think you're clear on how the AW operates.
I didn't read the OP as wanting to give other players a choice as to which type of bldg to polish; I read it as wanting to change the way the system selects bldgs for the culture polish. Currently, the system selects the highest culture bldg that isn't already polished as the culture option for the next visitor. Once you're at a high enough chapter to have the LHGN AW, most of your mana producers will not be chosen because their culture is not high enough, rendering the LHGN useless in increasing your mana. I think the OP is suggesting players have an option to prioritize mana output over culture. I envision a checkbox (maybe in the overview window of the LHGN as there's no need for players without that AW to make a choice). If unchecked, the system would continue to make selections the same way it does now. If checked, the system would present the highest mana production as the next culture polish option until all mana producers were polished. Then, the system would revert to the highest culture bldg until a mana producer became available again.
Let me know if I got that wrong @Zeus Macabre

SolitaireGU

Does their selection of a mana producing building increase the amount of mana it produces? I thought the increased production only applied to coins and supplies. If it applies to mana as well, then I'd be in favor of the change, but if not, what would be the point? I guess I'm a bit confused about it.

If a player has the Lighthouse, then yes - it's right there in the description of that AW: "Neighborly help mana production" and at level 1 that is 15%, which is quite a nice buff.

SolitaireGU

@samidodamage - In my original city, I've been playing for 5+ years. I have a lot of cultural buildings that don't add much at all except that I really like them! Like Temple of the Flame, or Observatories. It would be a huge help if the system selected mana-producing buildings that I would tag with the EE spell. My alt that I play has gained a lot from my past experience, one thing is me being less attached to cultural buildings unless they offer a secondary gain of some sort, such as mana, now that I'm just heading into Sorcerers or whatever-it's-called chapter. The LHGN would be naturally more productive for me in my alt account, the way things stand. OPs suggestion is really quite a nice one and would be very welcome imo.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If a player has the Lighthouse, then yes - it's right there in the description of that AW: "Neighborly help mana production" and at level 1 that is 15%, which is quite a nice buff.

So it's only for the three neighborly help chests you get a day if you visit? Other than that my neighbors never produce any mana that I know of so I'm still wondering just how much it helps. Maybe an example for us dim witted.

Thanks,

AJ

Iyapo1

So it's only for the three neighborly help chests you get a day if you visit? Other than that my neighbors never produce any mana that I know of so I'm still wondering just how much it helps. Maybe an example for us dim witted.

Thanks,

AJ
You seem to be confusing the Crystal Lighthouse with the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood.
20210922_091009.jpg

Zeus Macabre

To try and make sure I'm clear on what the building does (I'm not that far along yet) and how to access its benefits, from ElvenGems Comparison Guide on the "Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood":

What I understand this to say is that the building that is helped by the neighbor has to also have the EE (purple hands) on it for the mana boost to be in effect.

So if I understand what you're wanting, instead of seeing this:
View attachment 10620
Yes, I altered the graphic so the names of my neighbor and their city isn't showing. That's why the font is different. Otherwise, this is unaltered.
You'd like to see something like this:
View attachment 10619
No, the sizing isn't quite right for the new choice. It's not your eyesight. ;)
Do I have that right? (Screen and mock-up are using the appearance of NH in the mobile app.)

So then, if a neighbor chose to help the mana building (whatever showed up), then if it didn't have the EE on it, that's a hint to the player to use that spell on that building to get the boost, yes? As such, would just adding the option into the window, with players then using the city names the way we do now (C/B/M might now read Mana/C/B/M or M*/C/B/MH) to denote which help is preferred resolve the request? I'm trying to determine the least labor intensive method to getting the result you want as that's more likely to get consideration from the devs. How much they have to alter will likely determine the priority a suggestion/idea is given.

I wasn't originally thinking of it implemented like your screen shot, but yes, this would be perfect. In order to get maximum benefit from the LHOGN they need to be enchanted AND buffed by a visitor. Since most Mana producing buildings have very low Culture compared to a pure Culture building, they never show up to be buffed.

I honestly don't know how people can justify building and upgrading this AW, since it is almost impossible to get visitors to buff your Mana buildings, unless you sell off all your other higher Culture.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I think it would be great if EE spelled buildings get prioritised over regular buildings.
If the OP would change his proposal to that I woudl vote yes.

There is a reason a player puts an EE spell on a building to it would make total sense to prioritse those first.
This also make it easier to implement as there are no crazy checkboxes or whatever. it's just a small change to the current code that can be implemented in a minute

Without an EE spell it does not matter what a building produces anyway

Kekune

I don't think I'd like to see a fourth option added to the interface.
  • Would the new option be available for everyone, or just folks who have the Lighthouse? If everyone, that could end up hurting someone who does not have the Lighthouse - I'd lose a lot of culture if folks started helping the mana producers instead of my highest culture buildings.
  • Even with just 3 options available, people often select the "wrong" one when giving help, and there are already recurring suggestions to let players "lock" the kind of help people can give them. Adding a fourth can only make that worse.
I agree the AW as-is is pretty useless. I'd support the check-box option, but that seems clunky.

I really like the idea of having help prioritize EE spells by default. That's good for all players. It solves the problem with the Lighthouse, and it makes culture help work more logically for everyone else.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The idea in my opinion should be to prioritise EE spells above normal spells, the wonder itself is irrelevant as it's not releated to the wonder at all.

It's all connected to EE spells.
Maybe we should archive this idea and put an EE proposal there instead

To make sure there is no confusion, the EE proposal would also fix the OP idea as the mana bonus is also linked to EE for that wonder
@Zeus Macabre