• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

In game announcements for Game changes

hvariidh gwendrot

instead of having people go to facebook which i will never do, or have them shift through forum which 99% don't, when there are game changes that effect game play and decisions on building, like the discontinuing of crafting the fire phoenix and such, inno should make an in game announcement if there are changes, it's there as a tab a little bugle with the word annoucement on it...communicate with your players inno vs blindsiding them with these decisions and give players a chance to compensate while playing the game and not trying to find the latest game nerf in a forum post or on facebook where they may or may not be

michmarc

They already have release notes for each version posted to the forum -- just provide a way to view those same release notes in game would be great. (Updates appear to be every other week so that's not a large bombardment of messages.)

hvariidh gwendrot

this is why this thread was made after several exchanges with support the meat of the conversation went like this>>>>>>Unfortunately the Fire Phoenix is no longer offered in the Magic Academy <<<< then a couple of exchanges later we get this >>>>>the Four Phoenixes (Aureate, Fire, Storm, and Coldfire), as well as the recently released May Festival Tree have been made available again. I apologize for the confusion my answer caused <<<<< PLEASE use the announcement bugle you have for your players when you have the new releases that change the game ...IF SUPPORT CAN"T KEEP UP with all the changes how do you expect the vast majority players, that don't follow the forum keep up with the changes when you bury them in all the mishegoss you have ?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
this is why this thread was made after several exchanges with support the meat of the conversation went like this>>>>>>Unfortunately the Fire Phoenix is no longer offered in the Magic Academy <<<< then a couple of exchanges later we get this >>>>>the Four Phoenixes (Aureate, Fire, Storm, and Coldfire), as well as the recently released May Festival Tree have been made available again. I apologize for the confusion my answer caused <<<<< PLEASE use the announcement bugle you have for your players when you have the new releases that change the game ...IF SUPPORT CAN"T KEEP UP with all the changes how do you expect the vast majority players, that don't follow the forum keep up with the changes when you bury them in all the mishegoss you have ?

It is my understanding that the Phoenix bases were never removed from crafting, just all the others were removed. I think one of the update or announcement threads says that. This was done at the same time the crafting was updated into the five separate groups. So if someone in Support told them different, they must have misunderstood and thought the question was about the artifact recipes, which were removed after the Phoenix event and FA.

Deleted User - 1178646

I don't know if it's on all servers but a version update is announced ingame on most.
From there you only have to click on the message before you are linked to the forum announcement post.

So what you are asking is "in game" there.

Going wild on a small mistake from support is kinda lame,
The confusion is understandable, most recipes have been removed recently (announced in a release note) but the phoenixes are one of the few that were not removed, so the confusion is understandable.

hvariidh gwendrot

no one misunderstood the questions ..let's just put that to rest and go with they gave us incorrect information .. which they did .. there is a bugle icon that is called Elvenar News on a players screen ..this is saying they should use it for announcements not bury it .. support was asked repeatedly and gave bad info until i copy and pasted their own release notes to them in a message with their incorrect answers back to them ..and it can all be avoided if they take 5 seconds and post it in Elvenar News bugle icon .. instead of trying to argue an invalid point and or call people names try to stick to the theme of the thread

Last edited:

AtaguS

I like this idea. Even if they just sent an in-game bugle when they update, with a link the forum where you can read about each update if you wish to...that would be something

T6583

I think that Beta already has this feature. I get ingame pop up announcements there for game changes. If what I think is true then they should be able to add that to live servers.

Deleted User - 1178646

I like this idea. Even if they just sent an in-game bugle when they update, with a link the forum where you can read about each update if you wish to...that would be something
Shocked this ain't done here. guess I should be loggin in more often on my account here ;)

Dutch server as well, looks like something the CM has an influence on, if it's not on US I assume it's not somthing done at HQ but something done at a lower level.
Therefore it should be something that could be implemented on the very next update by the CM