• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inaccurate population requirements

Maz Mellor

Game version: v1.63.2-(0a9430d4e) (2018-09-20 11:24)
Game world: Arendyll (US1)
Browser + version: Chrome v69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: OSX El Capitan (v10.11.6)
Account name: Maz Mellor
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
When I build a level 1 workshop, the tooltip tells me it will require 18 people, but only 15 are deducted from my free population. If I then sell the workshop, the dialogue tells me I will get back 18 people, but only 15 are returned.

Expected situation:
That the text in the tooltips would match the actual numbers of people deducted/returned.

Reproduction Steps
Build a workshop.
2. Sell the workshop.

Maz Mellor

Do you have a Golden Abyss in your town? It provides a percentage of your working population, so that would account for this, making this 'not a bug'.

Hmm. Yes, I do, and I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to ask someone who doesn't have an Abyss, to test the hypothesis!

HJK84

You can check yourself if you want.
Next time you upgrade a building that requires Population. Check the required amount. Then keep an eye on your Population on the top bar between Builder and Culture. And you'll see how much Pop goes down, it will say; -x
If the # isn't the same, it's due to your Golden Abyss. You can then calculate the % with some math ;)