• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactive Cities

Bethanne Rainbow

I have gone thru 100 inactive cities in the last few days looking for one active player to add to my fellowship. Some of these people haven’t played in years. It’s ridiculous! Worst part of my job is trying to recruit!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep, that's the worst part of it, for certain. Here is an alternative method I find useful. Instead of finding individuals I scan through the fellowships looking for ones that are small. I then look to see if there members are active and if there are only one or two still active and the others aren't I try to recruit the two. There is a caveat to this:

If the AM is active I contact him/her first to insure I'm not poaching. They may not reply, but it's just common courtesy, I think. If not, I contact the members individually but let them know if we have room for more than one.

In the long run I find this method better as people in a dead or dying fellowship often want to remain active and just don't move due to not knowing anybody other than those in their fellowship. Once they move they usually become good members.

AJ