• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactive Players

Bethanne Rainbow

I'm trying to recruit players for my fellowship. Today I checked on 70 players to try to recruit. Everyone of them was inactive, many of them for months. Now, Support told me that after 30 days of no log in inactive players marked for deletion. That has not been my experience. I understand that recruiting is hard, but should it really be impossible? I think I'm not the only one that is disheartened by this, There must be a better way. Bethanne, Archmage

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm trying to recruit players for my fellowship. Today I checked on 70 players to try to recruit. Everyone of them was inactive, many of them for months. Now, Support told me that after 30 days of no log in inactive players marked for deletion. That has not been my experience. I understand that recruiting is hard, but should it really be impossible? I think I'm not the only one that is disheartened by this, There must be a better way. Bethanne, Archmage
Support lies. What I have always heard is that if a city exceeds chapter 3 then it will never be deleted. Furthermore, if a player spends diamonds on an expansion, then that city will never be deleted. If you want to get active players, check out the ones who are active in the trader or the ones who are giving you weekly help visits.

StarLoad

I'm trying to recruit players for my fellowship .... There must be a better way.
Sorry to say but every AM has this problem when building/rebuilding an FS. as mentioned look at the trader and active helpers and use elvenstats to look for players that might work for you. yes a lot are inactive but keep looking is all you can do and ask members of your FS to do the same.

Bethanne Rainbow

Support lies. What I have always heard is that if a city exceeds chapter 3 then it will never be deleted. Furthermore, if a player spends diamonds on an expansion, then that city will never be deleted. If you want to get active players, check out the ones who are active in the trader or the ones who are giving you weekly help visits.
Thank you again! I appreciate you!!!

Laochra

In Winyandor, I found a 14-member FS that all became inactive in January 2019.:oops: How hard would it be to put a tiny icon on the map to indicate which cities are inactive? I check the map for the boosts we need, then I confirm their activity in ElvenStats. It is tedious & you also have to take into consideration that many of the mobile players may not even realize they're receiving invitations, if they don't know where to look. :confused:

Kekune

If you're open to new players, consider sending out a ton of invites to itty bitty cities (like 1000ish pts or even less). They're the most likely to accept a random invitation, in my experience. Some won't stick with the game or won't be a good fit, but if you spend the time teaching them the game and helping them grow, a decent number do stick around and turn into great team members. Instead of spending your time screening for activity, just invite 100 people and then support the few who accept. It's less frustrating. :)

Bethanne Rainbow

If you're open to new players, consider sending out a ton of invites to itty bitty cities (like 1000ish pts or even less). They're the most likely to accept a random invitation, in my experience. Some won't stick with the game or won't be a good fit, but if you spend the time teaching them the game and helping them grow, a decent number do stick around and turn into great team members. Instead of spending your time screening for activity, just invite 100 people and then support the few who accept. It's less frustrating. :)
We. accept any player. Right now I have four in chapter 2. Fortunately, they all live the game and play a lot!

Bethanne Rainbow

In Winyandor, I found a 14-member FS that all became inactive in January 2019.:oops: How hard would it be to put a tiny icon on the map to indicate which cities are inactive? I check the map for the boosts we need, then I confirm their activity in ElvenStats. It is tedious & you also have to take into consideration that many of the mobile players may not even realize they're receiving invitations, if they don't know where to look. :confused:
It would seem like they would want to encourage people to play! Well, thanks for the kind words. Glad I’m not alone!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Another method of recruiting, and one I've used in the past, is to look for small fellowships of 5-15 members. Look them in in elvenstats and sometimes you will find that out of the, say 10 members, 8 are inactive. If the two active aren't mages or AM's they are done. Even if they are the AM or a Mage, I look up the active members and see if they want to "merge" or "join". I've picked up quite a few good players that way. If you think about it in that situation you are dealing with the ones who have remained active even when everybody else was dropping out....a very good sign of their future level of activity. It's a method that has worked for me, anyway.

AJ

Bethanne Rainbow

Another method of recruiting, and one I've used in the past, is to look for small fellowships of 5-15 members. Look them in in elvenstats and sometimes you will find that out of the, say 10 members, 8 are inactive. If the two active aren't mages or AM's they are done. Even if they are the AM or a Mage, I look up the active members and see if they want to "merge" or "join". I've picked up quite a few good players that way. If you think about it in that situation you are dealing with the ones who have remained active even when everybody else was dropping out....a very good sign of their future level of activity. It's a method that has worked for me, anyway.

AJ
That is a great idea and something I’ve never thought about! Thanks again! You have been so helpful!

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Inactive cities are not deleted if there are diamonds in the account, from what I've been told.... I think they should create a 'void' where the inactivity removes them from the map until they 'reactivate' their city in that world. I find it irritating that people set up cities in another world and then never work on it and it sits next to me. I get no visits, no trade from them, but yet, there they stay. It's a bothersome issue.

Blindsider66

You weren't kidding when you said your Fellowship was green. At 380,000 you are by far the heaviest hitter in the fellowship, with the remaining 9 members ranging in between 80,000 and 2,000. Two of your members have the same boosted products as I, (Mersh & Delf).
The reason I gave your Fellowship a deeper than usual peek is that I am currently between Fellowships myself. I am an avid Spire player, reaching level 3 or the top weekly. We were a 10 chest T fellowship, where I averaged around 4,000 per tournament. My stats are 210,000 in chapter 10.
I did have another fellowship lined up, but they have yet to admit my sorry ass. So if you want some company for a month or two just send me an invite and we can start raising a little hell in your neck of the woods today.

Peace
Blindsider66

Bethanne Rainbow

You weren't kidding when you said your Fellowship was green. At 380,000 you are by far the heaviest hitter in the fellowship, with the remaining 9 members ranging in between 80,000 and 2,000. Two of your members have the same boosted products as I, (Mersh & Delf).
The reason I gave your Fellowship a deeper than usual peek is that I am currently between Fellowships myself. I am an avid Spire player, reaching level 3 or the top weekly. We were a 10 chest T fellowship, where I averaged around 4,000 per tournament. My stats are 210,000 in chapter 10.
I did have another fellowship lined up, but they have yet to admit my sorry ass. So if you want some company for a month or two just send me an invite and we can start raising a little hell in your neck of the woods today.

Peace
Blindsider66
We had a fellowship that was twice as big with players that had been playing almost for the life of the game. I has a mage. Then last summer our Archmage left saying she had personal problems. She made me Archmage Things proceeded For a month or more when my long time people began to disappear without a word. It turns out she Had started a new fellowship and was recruiting them away from my fellowship. So I was left with a few new people and I have since added five new people. I have no idea what happened though I was told by one former member that I played “too fast.” See, now I thought that was a good thing. I’m curious why u are between fellowships?

Blindsider66

I just checked out of dodge this morning. I didn't leave on bad terms, I just left. The past few months have seen a good portion of our Fellowship loose focus on the game and that is a bad sign. When competition gets replaced with complacent, you know its time to go.
I tend to move at a blistering pace, or so it seems when I look at the speed others play their games. But that is my choice and it suits me fine. I started out two years ago and grew at a snails pace for a year, so maybe I have to make up time, or something

who knows. My bad.

Peace
Blindsider66

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Support lies. What I have always heard is that if a city exceeds chapter 3 then it will never be deleted. Furthermore, if a player spends diamonds on an expansion, then that city will never be deleted.

Partially right. A small city has to buy diamonds, not just spend the free ones, to avoid deletion.

Iyapo1

My original cities were all deleted. Diamonds purchased, my main was in orcs. No idea how long it took inno to get around to deleting them, but it did happen.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My original cities were all deleted. Diamonds purchased, my main was in orcs. No idea how long it took inno to get around to deleting them, but it did happen.

If your main was already in chapter 8 and you spent diamonds, then it sounds like it was deleted by accident, or someone hacked your account and used the Account Deletion feature to request it be deleted. Or maybe you did that by accident yourself?

Bethanne Rainbow

Peace
Blindsider66
We have a few rules, like most fellowships. Respect each other, help out with trades, no drama and enjoy the game. If you happen to see an active player without a fellowship let me know. I don't steal members from other fellowships; I've had that done to me. I don't believe that is ethical. I love to play the spire too and am encouraging my members to play that, the tournaments, and fellowship adventures. And when you leave to your new fellowship, say goodbye. We should get along fine, if all that is amenable to you.
Bethanne

Blindsider66

Bethanne,
Ouch...I just settled in with the group I had mentioned had not picked me up yet, not an hour ago. I will definitely point ppl in your direction when possible. You sound like a good person and from what I've read, treat others fairly and with respect. Both angelic qualities, in a world gone to hell.
The Spire is a great place for new players to get their feet wet and the prizes on the way up are not bad at all. In the last six months I have won 13 magic residences, 6 warehouses, numerous Library sets and a ton of diamonds. The group prizes help out nicely too. Depending how high your Fellowship climbs, you get rewarded in 5hr off's and com Cats.
Feel free to drop me a line anytime, either here or in the game, if there is anything you need. I have been to your city already, so don't be surprised if I drop in again, unannounced
Take care.

Peace.
Blindsider66