• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactive Players

Bethanne Rainbow

Blindsider,
No problem! I’m glad to hear that it worked out for you! And thank you for the kind words. Stop by anytime. Take care and stay safe out there in the real world!
Bethanne

Iyapo1

If your main was already in chapter 8 and you spent diamonds, then it sounds like it was deleted by accident, or someone hacked your account and used the Account Deletion feature to request it be deleted. Or maybe you did that by accident yourself?
I quit playing for around two years. When I started playing again my old main city was gone. Funny enough I could still find my little test cities on elvenstats. But the username in game, not valid.

I suppose a hack is possible. I cant imagine why anyone would bother? I just got busy and quit playing and then, and then, and then,...

Oh I remember that game it was fun!

@Bethanne Rainbow best of luck to you and your FS!

Bethanne Rainbow

I quit playing for around two years. When I started playing again my old main city was gone. Funny enough I could still find my little test cities on elvenstats. But the username in game, not valid.

I suppose a hack is possible. I cant imagine why anyone would bother? I just got busy and quit playing and then, and then, and then,...

Oh I remember that game it was fun!

@Bethanne Rainbow best of luck to you and your FS!
Thank you!!!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I have some ideas about why the "remove inactive players" is so slow to occur. Here they are:

1) Maybe the goal isn't to remove inactive players so much as to consolidate active ones. If so then an inactive player in the middle a bunch of inactive players would get a lot less priority since remove/don't remove has a low impact. On the other hand, in active areas an inactive player has a higher impact and so might be removed more aggressively.
2) When you remove an inactive player you leave a particular kind of slot open. Since you can only fill that empty space with active players with the same boosts, the pool of available active players may be a lot smaller for those boosts.
3) If everybody checked, "don't move me" and all things were equal, there would be a lower and lower density of active players. After all, almost everybody eventually quits and so every player goes inactive. If nobody is willing to move, or a significant number are unwilling to be moved, there is no way to improve the active density of an area.
4) Since most large, active players check "don't move me," they form a sort of "net" of permanent activity. The longer things go the more spread out that net will become and the more "holes" it might have -- places where activity is lower. All of which means the general level of activity will become lower overall (if you measured activity and gave it a number you could find the average activity of all the locations and thus, I'm saying the average activity per location will naturally go down if the active players say "don't move me.")

Thus, removing a player from an active area due to inactivity would require an active player becoming available of the same boosts and willing to be moved. And to make an area more active there would really need to be more than one player meeting those descriptors. Conversely, if an active player is in an inactive area it may be that they have to wait a while to be moved exactly because an opening of their type has to be found in a more active area. I doubt the moves are random since nobody wants to be moved to a less active area. In addition, the forumla for "active" and "inactive," as has been suggested, is probably quite complex and makes the whole thing a lot slower.

In my opinion Inno would have been better served by having everybody able to move. Your level of activity gives you higher priority and as you grow you are moved more and more toward the center....meaning the "center is active" 100%. The size of your city shouldn't matter but the level of activity, including days of consecutive play, visits done as a percentage of visits which can be done, fellowship membership, and a lot more, including, perhaps even diamond purchases (which has to be controversial, but I've never been afraid of a little controversy).

Anyway, those are my thought on why inactives might be allowed to hang around a lot longer than would seem reasonable.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
We had a fellowship that was twice as big with players that had been playing almost for the life of the game. I has a mage. Then last summer our Archmage left saying she had personal problems. She made me Archmage Things proceeded For a month or more when my long time people began to disappear without a word. It turns out she Had started a new fellowship and was recruiting them away from my fellowship. So I was left with a few new people and I have since added five new people. I have no idea what happened though I was told by one former member that I played “too fast.” See, now I thought that was a good thing. I’m curious why u are between fellowships?
I think that was terribly unfair of that AM. Sorry you had to go through that.

Bethanne Rainbow

I have some ideas about why the "remove inactive players" is so slow to occur. Here they are:

1) Maybe the goal isn't to remove inactive players so much as to consolidate active ones. If so then an inactive player in the middle a bunch of inactive players would get a lot less priority since remove/don't remove has a low impact. On the other hand, in active areas an inactive player has a higher impact and so might be removed more aggressively.
2) When you remove an inactive player you leave a particular kind of slot open. Since you can only fill that empty space with active players with the same boosts, the pool of available active players may be a lot smaller for those boosts.
3) If everybody checked, "don't move me" and all things were equal, there would be a lower and lower density of active players. After all, almost everybody eventually quits and so every player goes inactive. If nobody is willing to move, or a significant number are unwilling to be moved, there is no way to improve the active density of an area.
4) Since most large, active players check "don't move me," they form a sort of "net" of permanent activity. The longer things go the more spread out that net will become and the more "holes" it might have -- places where activity is lower. All of which means the general level of activity will become lower overall (if you measured activity and gave it a number you could find the average activity of all the locations and thus, I'm saying the average activity per location will naturally go down if the active players say "don't move me.")

Thus, removing a player from an active area due to inactivity would require an active player becoming available of the same boosts and willing to be moved. And to make an area more active there would really need to be more than one player meeting those descriptors. Conversely, if an active player is in an inactive area it may be that they have to wait a while to be moved exactly because an opening of their type has to be found in a more active area. I doubt the moves are random since nobody wants to be moved to a less active area. In addition, the forumla for "active" and "inactive," as has been suggested, is probably quite complex and makes the whole thing a lot slower.

In my opinion Inno would have been better served by having everybody able to move. Your level of activity gives you higher priority and as you grow you are moved more and more toward the center....meaning the "center is active" 100%. The size of your city shouldn't matter but the level of activity, including days of consecutive play, visits done as a percentage of visits which can be done, fellowship membership, and a lot more, including, perhaps even diamond purchases (which has to be controversial, but I've never been afraid of a little controversy).

Anyway, those are my thought on why inactives might be allowed to hang around a lot longer than would seem reasonable.

AJ
Interesting! And nothing wrong with a little controversy.

DeletedUser18062

This may help in recruiting, neighbor help and trades:

You know how there is that feature to automatically move your city to a more active area? They should make it that players who didn’t login for a while and moved to an inactive area. This way active players will be better grouped.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello,

I am not sure what is your idea or suggestion to be precise, for that I will be moving this thread.

Xelie