• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inactivity

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
For some things it is 30 days of not being logged in at all and for other things it is a longer, unknown time frame.

If a new city is still in chapter 1 or 2 or 3 and diamonds have not been bought/used in it, it will be permanently deleted within 30 days. If a city is larger or had diamonds spent/bought in it, it takes a longer, but an unknown to us, amount of time without logging in to be considered inactive for the purpose of moving and archiving the city on the edge of the world map. An Archmage has to be inactive for 30 days before Support can demote them and make another fellowship member the AM. I think there are other instances for a city being considered inactive, but I am not remembering them right now.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I have found it takes about 3 weeks to show up in elvenstats as inactive. That is usually what I use to determine it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have found it takes about 3 weeks to show up in elvenstats as inactive. That is usually what I use to determine it.

That is only potentially inactive. That fan site only tracks when your score changes to determine if a city might be inactive. Someone could log in every day for a month and not do anything that changes their score and that site would mark them as inactive.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
There is also differences between inactive accounts and inactive cities/worlds. As an example, @Enevhar Aldarion is my neighbour in S6 Sinya Arda, but it is not a city they play (I think, based on Elvenstats). Inactive cities by active players won't be removed I think.

Hundar

Thanks for the replies everyone. That cleared up a lot of my confusion.

I see quite a few high ranking fellowships with members that show up as inactive on elven stats. And many are large cities so it sparked my curiosity!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is also differences between inactive accounts and inactive cities/worlds. As an example, @Enevhar Aldarion is my neighbour in S6 Sinya Arda, but it is not a city they play (I think, based on Elvenstats). Inactive cities by active players won't be removed I think.

I have logged into that one once or twice over the past couple of months to check on the center city of the server, and that is enough for Inno to consider it active and not move it away from everyone. No clue how long I would have to not touch it for it to be considered inactive and get moved away and replaced by a truly active city. I am not sure if @helya has the answer for that either.

Deleted User - 1178646

What is the official definition of an inactive account? Or isn't there one?
30 days

as a CM once explained there are several stages of activity. but 30 days is the final stage and at that point you are considered fully inactive.
This for example is the time you need to wait in case your Archmage becomes inactive and you want him replaced. untill the 30 days have passed he is not consideren fully inactive and cannot be replaced.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I strongly suspect that the algorithm has a hard time distinguishing active cities in one realm, and inactive cities in another realm, on the same account, especially if the cities are all past the scout in chapter 3

Deleted User - 1178646

I strongly suspect that the algorithm has a hard time distinguishing active cities in one realm, and inactive cities in another realm, on the same account, especially if the cities are all past the scout in chapter 3
No it has not. because I have seen some of my cities on 1 world being deleted and not on the other world.
This implicates that they log the differences.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
No clue how long I would have to not touch it for it to be considered inactive and get moved away and replaced by a truly active city. I am not sure if @helya has the answer for that either.

There's a scale for how long before a city is eligible for deletion based on the chapter and whether Diamonds have been purchased on the account. Some brand new cities will be deleted entirely after a period of time (as soon as 14 days) and older cities will be relocated first, and then deleted. Even cities that have had purchases will be removed eventually, but that's years, not months.

Remember that the player mover wasn't being particularly well behaved. Cities that should have been removed or moved out hasn't been for a very long time. What used to be the norm will not be the same anymore.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Sprite1313 Since helya is not showing online now, the answer is yes. Log into one of your cities and send a message to Support and give them a detailed list of which cities on your account you want to keep and which ones you want deleted and they will remove the ones you don't want to play any more.

Sprite1313

@Sprite1313 Since helya is not showing online now, the answer is yes. Log into one of your cities and send a message to Support and give them a detailed list of which cities on your account you want to keep and which ones you want deleted and they will remove the ones you don't want to play any more.
Thank you. :)

Cheers,

Myne

Oh Wise One
That is only potentially inactive. That fan site only tracks when your score changes to determine if a city might be inactive. Someone could log in every day for a month and not do anything that changes their score and that site would mark them as inactive.

IMHO, if the player logs in everyday for a month, and does nothing to improve their score in a month....they are inactive. Activity is defined as actually DOING something.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
IMHO, if the player logs in everyday for a month, and does nothing to improve their score in a month....they are inactive. Activity is defined as actually DOING something.

Really? And what if they are producing goods and taking dozens of trades a day? That will not change your city score and will show as inactive on elvenstats.

Sarafyne

Besides, in a higher chapter it can take a long time to complete 1 research, like needing a total of 400K decaying sentient goods. City won't grow in score but player plays daily (me for example)

Myne

Oh Wise One
Really? And what if they are producing goods and taking dozens of trades a day? That will not change your city score and will show as inactive on elvenstats.

the rest of the fellowship would know they are around and working at their city then. The fellowship would not consider them inactive. There would be no reason to check on elvenstats, and if they popped up on there as inactive, the AM would know that was not in actuality true.
If a player is not seen, is not talked to, doesn't respond to messages, and shows up on elvenstats then I am sorry if you disagree but I would consider them inactive. Splitting hairs and citing rare instances doesn't change that. COMMUNICATION is critical, if there is none, than are they still a member of the fellowship or have they separated themselves and just didn't tell you while parking their car in your lot and reaping benefits??