• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inconsistent diamond costs in research tree

qaccy

Exhibit A:
elixirtech.png
Exhibit B:
rangertech.png

As you can see, I have all the resources required for both technologies except for mana, but the one that requires more mana actually costs fewer diamonds. Something's wrong here or maybe I'm just missing something?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Exhibit A:
View attachment 2285
Exhibit B:
View attachment 2286

As you can see, I have all the resources required for both technologies except for mana, but the one that requires more mana actually costs fewer diamonds. Something's wrong here or maybe I'm just missing something?
We'd need to know if the screen caps are from the same account at exactly the same time. Costs are based on producing missing goods. If you have more mana in your storage when you look at a research, it will cost fewer diamonds than if you lave less mana.

qaccy

We'd need to know if the screen caps are from the same account at exactly the same time. Costs are based on producing missing goods. If you have more mana in your storage when you look at a research, it will cost fewer diamonds than if you lave less mana.

I mean...of course they're 'from the same account at exactly the same time', otherwise I wouldn't be making the post. :p Can't really claim that costs are inconsistent if I was looking at the two technologies with different amounts of mana, could I?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I mean...of course they're 'from the same account at exactly the same time', otherwise I wouldn't be making the post. :p Can't really claim that costs are inconsistent if I was looking at the two technologies with different amounts of mana, could I?
You might be surprised. We've had similar conversations before when it turned out they couldn't figure out why one fellowship member was seeing something different from another and it's because one of them had a lot more of the necessary materials on hand, just not quite enough, while the other had almost none.

I also don't know how mana works, not having reached that chapter. I don't know how the whole "decay" thing goes and whether mana has to be harvested manually, or some might have just popped in between screen caps.

That being the case, I don't know. I can speculate that maybe part of the price is based on the total percentage of the full cost of the tech, but I have no hard information for you

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member

Maybe you couldn't, but as short a period of time as I've been on the forums, I've seen plenty of logic to support some players making exactly that claim, lol!
Sometimes, it's not even contrariness (is that a word?) that makes them think that way. I had some really odd ideas of how things worked in the beginning. It's not always as easy as it appears in hindsight to wrap your brain around some of the mechanics of the game. I try to remind myself of when I first started giving neighborly help and thought the $$ amounts floating up was the amount of $$ I was taking from my bank and gifting to the other player...Also, saw a recent thread where an Archmage booted someone from the FS due to lack of visits. Turned out they were visiting: going into each member's city, clicking on the hands, and then clicking done. Did not realize they had to click on an additional set of hands over a building to actually provide the help... Once you know, it's obvious, but again the game doesn't have a good method to teach players these types of mechanics.

DeletedUser

The premium amount charged for bypassing requirements is based on a % of the requirements that you are filling with the diamonds, and is not fixed the amount of any particular item; to be able to verify for certain whether a bug is present, we'd need to also be able to see the balance of mana at the time that you are seeing the diamond price, and the difference between your balance and the required amount in each instance.

At this time, we are not aware of any bugs with this feature, but if you do encounter any other instances that seem suspect, and can show a view that includes the current inventory of the item compared to the required amount, then we are happy to look into it in more detail.

Hope that helps! :)