• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increase creativity

• Thread starter DeletedUser19759
  • Start date

DeletedUser19759

Allow rotation of buildings and cultural objects.

DeletedUser8946

(Sigh) As much as the dramatic part of me would love to leave you hanging there, the rest of me tells me to explain. (Especially since that might come off as rude.)

This has been suggested dozens of times before. Turned down by the devs every time. one of the biggest challenges in the game is SPACE! and this would reduce that feature. Additionally, your headline is completely misleading. Rotating buildings would not 'increase creativity' it would DECREASE it by making the game more convenient. Many of the upgrade changes are just a change in orientation, so rotating buildings would completely eliminate that.

And of course, it would be a crap ton of programming for a feature the developers don't even want. There are even more reasons, and if you want an even more thorough report, I suggest asking SoggyShorts.

EDIT: Hey hey! SoggyShorts posted just as I published! @SoggyShorts, I tried looking for that Planks orientation change in ElvenArchitect, but I couldn't find it. They never change in just orientation, always in size...

Pheryll

Set Designer
EDIT: Hey hey! SoggyShorts posted just as I published! @SoggyShorts, I tried looking for that Planks orientation change in ElvenArchitect, but I couldn't find it. They never change in just orientation, always in size...

For humans, planks go from a 3x6 at level 19 to a 6x3 at level 20 and then for sentient from a 6x3 to a 4x5. Elves do not see an orientation change until sentient, going from 6x3 to 4x5.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Now you are NOT thinking creatively at all. Because by "rotation" you could mean rotate the building by 1 degree, 5 degrees, or whatever. AND not the player, but the player and/or the game do the rotating! So you get to level 20 and suddenly your residences are rotated 12 degrees -- like my garage -- it would take a LOT of creativity to place those buildings. See what I mean? "Creativity" doesn't just mean "user able to rotate building by 90 degrees." But of course, the original question was probably that exactly. Meaning you all probably took it to mean: "allow the player to rotate his or her buildings and cultural objects by 90 degrees." --- I'm just having some fun at your expense. LOL.

AJ

DeletedUser9601

What? How do you rotate a building 5 degrees when buildings exist on a square-based grid?

DeletedUser8946

You'd have to do away with the square-based grid entirely, which would be so much coding we'd never hear from the developers ever again. Just to make this game much more difficult, inefficient and more complicated.