• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increasing troop creation size

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3470446
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3470446

I am not new to the game, just been away for awhile. I get the "squad size" tech arguments & how they impact tournaments, but how do I increase the number of troops I can build at once? I'm in Chap 9 now & notice I'm barely producing ... I know the AWs D.Bulwark &/or F.Academy help training speed, neither of which I have out, just trying to work with the space I have. Thanks in advance.

Deleted User - 4646370

To increase training Size, you have armories and D.Bulwark and S.Shrewdy Shrooms AWs.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
To increase the number of troops you can train at once, you need armories. Either build some more or upgrade the ones you already have, depending on your situation.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Bulwark increases training size (not training speed) based on your Squad Size. Since I try to keep squad size as low as possible, I stopped upgrading this one once I could place Shrooms. Shrewdy Shrooms increases training size based on the number of armory levels you have. At early Ch9, I'd build Shrooms, toss a couple extra armories into whatever guest race space I had (they also are good for the 'upgrade a bldg' quests in events) for their own increase to training size as well as more armory levels to boost Shrooms training size while I worked on leveling up the Shrooms. Since I'm primarily using combat instead of negotiating/bribing/convincing I'd try to keep and lvl up at least 5 armories at Ch9 but would prefer 6. If you're using a more balanced mix of combat/goods you could get away with fewer fully upgraded armories.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I like lvl 15 armories for temp buildings. They're 4x4, fairly cheap and fast to build. I put them out in guest race spaces between chapters to drive up training size, then knock them down when I need the space. It's not like troops decay, lol, so I make more of them at times.
Lvl 1 Shrooms is 6x armory levels for training size boost, so each one adds 40 for its own contribution and 90 for Shrooms boost, so a total of 130 extra training size per armory.
Where I really see a huge difference is in my Ch 15 city with a lvl 18 Shrooms that gives 26x number of armory levels: When I place 5 lvl 15 armories, I get +600 training size from them and +1950 from their boost to Shrooms for a total of +2550 training size. It's also helpful because if training times get over 3hrs or so, I can just kill a small armory. But when you're making more squads/slot, longer training times aren't as limiting as I originally thought they'd be. My Needles there is lvl 21, too, so that helps training times for barracks units.

DeletedUser22644

Thanks, the city I am working on is in chapter 11 and the main armories are level 27 and 3 additional level 15 armories. Unfortunately, the SoSS is only at level 2 but it is going to be the focus of KP and the Needles is level 3.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I think that each military camp should have it's own slots. I train and train and train and train and still can't keep up with the number of troops I need to fight in provinces, the tourney and the spire.

BrinDarby

@Henroo ,
""To increase the number of troops you can train at once, you need armories""

I disagree and this is semantical...... and should be changed ( wording/effect )

Training ""Simultaniously"" means @ the same time .....
Training ""Concurently"" means in succession, 1 after the other.

The current system , by adding armories to me it just means I can go to sleep and more troops train out.
The speed per unit is the same with 1 AM or 10 AMs, for that you have to upgrade Barracks.

I think a better description needs to be said.... while yes increasing my troops by with armories,
does mean each "train" does train more per click , I wouldn't call that simultaniously.
I'm sure staff doesn't want them to actually train simultaniously, while players do ... hahaha
BrinD

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I never ran with more than one armory until they reached the orc breeding level
then i used, and still do, two
but
sometimes when i was "younger" if i needed to do some serious training i'd add a bunch of levels ones to get a temporary boosts
but i'd tear them back down immediately

the key to having enough troops isn't a half dozen armories
it is building and upgrading all the military AWs
and constantly check the crafter and make buff buildings any time you see them ( the ones that add health or give a damage boost to mages or archers) those buff buildings are great any time your making a push
also. i know it is slower, but until you get your AWs leveled, and do troop research that levels your troops up... fight on manual

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
More than slower, it's impossible for app players...

ahh yeah
i forget about you people
well that stinks then
there are some fights that are very hard to win on auto unless you are heavily buffed
especially in the spire
hope they change that

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Muckster is correct about the *need* for extra armories if your goal is to do your part in a 10 chest/wk FS. With a more minimal setup than mine, you can do 1500-3000 tourney points/wk and an occasional push to higher scores in specific tourneys for specific reasons (relic push, kp push, whatever). If your goal is to do 3000-5000 tourney points/wk with an occasional push tourney plus doing the Spire to the top weekly using all combat, you'll need more armories plus all the military AW's upgraded, etc.
Also, I define 'ran out of troops' as anything less than 150 squads in inventory (unless they're troops I rarely use) for a particular tourney. Here's a screenshot of my troops in my Ch 15 city right now:
army camp june 17th.png

Deleted User - 4646370

Also, I define 'ran out of troops' as anything less than 150 squads in inventory (unless they're troops I rarely use) for a particular tourney.
Thus I average 5000 tournament points being permanently out of troops... (city ending chapter 16)
Screenshot_20200617-173132_Elvenar.jpg
Usually I open 15 provinces in the beginning of tournament, planning to do 1-9 to 6* and 10-15 to 5*. Then on Friday I do round 1* for later provinces.
If I don't plan to use many time boosters, I usually go to when I have only 20-30 squads left in the tournament province I'm in. This brings me to province 30-35 (so my actual number of squads left is actually ~40 as these tournament provinces have bigger squad sizes). Then I can do 2* round (and 6*/5* for earlier provinces) with using almost no time boosters. (Going to province 35 give 5010 points).
If I plan to push for a bigger tournament, I go down to <5 squads left (province ~45), and sometimes push to the edge of the map (province 52 for last steel tournament) with some time boosters. Then I use time boosters to do stage 2*, but it's fine as I just won a bunch at the end of the Spire. I have a stockpile of time instants if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
it's fine as I just won a bunch at the end of the Spire. I have a stockpile of time instants if needed.
I think my heart would stop if I had your troop inventory, lol! That's just me, though, absolutely nothing wrong with less in inventory as long as you can do the things you want. Do you complete the Spire with only military, too?
I found once I started doing the Spire to the top weekly with only military that I had to up my troop production significantly. Plus, I'm lazy, lol! I don't want to think about 'do I have enough of [whatever]?' I overproduce everything I can for that reason, too. Swimming in goods, swimming in troops, less stress, more fun for me, lol!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@mucksterme How did you get by with only 1 armory at lower levels? Wasn't your barracks constantly running out of troops to train? Especially overnight?

Like I said elsewhere. The key to having enough is not losing them in the first place :)
I've always been an AW collector. So building and upgrading military AWs really helps.
Fighting a lot on manual in the early days helped too.
Of course the Fire Chicken was a big game changer. But I think I was already pretty advanced in research by then.
Usually by doing 24 hour training I was able to get through the tourny week without running out of anything.
The only times I had problems was when I was still relatively small and my old FS would do tourny pushes.
Oh also, a full "barracks" takes me somewhere between 7 and 8 hours to empty and I'm generally back before that even over night.

Usually I open 15 provinces in the beginning of tournament, planning to do 1-9 to 6* and 10-15 to 5*.

My usual is to do 1-15
come back do 1 - 15 + 16, 17
then 1-9 16 -20
I just keep adding a couple more of the above 10's each time and go for the 5 kps
i only go for the 6 kps on weeks i feel the urge to run up the score or really want a lot of kp

Deleted User - 4646370

Do you complete the Spire with only military, too?
I do 2 full floors and sometimes the beginning of the third, mostly military but several caterings. (Note that I researched all optional SSUs until chapter 13, so my actual number of units is a bit higher. Sometimes my number of units is slightly below 5 Spire squads ; in this case I use a 5hr time booster, or a troop instant. As said above I have a stockpile of these.
Screenshot_20200617-192025_Elvenar.jpg
This easily makes 150 squads ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 4646370

Oh also, a full "barracks" takes me somewhere between 7 and 8 hours to empty and I'm generally back before that even over night.
With only one armory ? You should have a very high leveled Dwarven Bulwark...

Henroo

Oh Wise One
With only one armory ? You should have a very high leveled Dwarven Bulwark...
Dwarven Bulwark only becomes available near the end of Dwarves. And it is unlikely you would have the rune wheel on it completed till sometime in Faeries. That is what I am most curious about. And he specifically said he only used 1 armory in the early parts of the game until he hit breeding grounds. @mucksterme would you be willing to elaborate on what you did in the very early stages of the game, before you got so many military AWs?

Last edited: