• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increasingly difficult tourneys

satchmo33

I'm sure you've all noticed that, for the last couplea months, the tourneys are becoming more and more impossible? I used to be able to whip out 10 provinces most days.....and now, I'm lucky if I can get through 3. I refuse to bankrupt my goods for this "rigged" component!

DeletedUser12171

i FEEL like they've gotten harder, I don't OBJECTIVELY know if it's true, but I haven't been bankrupted so far and have actually been doing more in the recent weeks so perhaps that's a reason.

Kekune

I have not noticed them being more difficult, aside from the usual increases with my squad size. But I've been able to keep up with them just fine.

Is there something specific that seems worse, or is there a particular week that stands out?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have not noticed any increase, and the data miners on Beta would have noticed had something so major been implemented.
Sometimes it just feels harder, but the chances are that your city and progress are nowhere near where they were 9 weeks ago the last time you did this tournament, so you can't accurately compare.

Do you remember way back when the did the first test run of the RR spell on Beta? The test that failed? At the same time as that, there was talk floating around about them also doing more rebalancing of fighting. As far as I know, it was never more than talk, and I do not think they would make a change like that in the game without some warning/info, but you never know with Inno. I think the posts about it are in the Beta thread here.

Pheryll

Set Designer
At the same time as that, there was talk floating around about them also doing more rebalancing of fighting. As far as I know, it was never more than talk, and I do not think they would make a change like that in the game without some warning/info, but you never know with Inno.

They tend to make changes in bulk. What the OP (in halflings) is most likely experiencing is that he got his squad size up to the next ring worth of difficulty (for some odd reason the tournament selection of troops and catering mirrors the normal province selection of troops and catering, so moving up a ring does occur even though the tournament does not display the ring that it is using). At that particular ring, the number of slots taken by enemy units is at its largest and is consistent (the total number of squads the enemy controls should still remain at the same proportion as before).

kctanzen

This is purely anecdotal ....
I got the "feeling" that several round 1 provinces in the crystal tourney last week were more challenging than the same province on round 2.
This may have just been random chance with the terrain layout or simply bad luck as well :)

SGT AT ARMS

You are not alone in noticing that small degree of difficulty in between rounds, I too had that same "gut" feeling and I am just a "new guy" here so I just figured I was imagining it-- now not so much anyone since others have notice similar trends - SGT

Mykan

Oh Wise One
No difference in difficulty noticed here. In fact I have finished with more squads than normal which wouldn't happen if it was harder. As was asked before what seems harder? losing more fights, running out of troops? Were you using event buildings and ran out or deleted a wonder recently? Is it just high cater costs?

juniperknome

it's a never ending quest to keep up every chance you get invest in the aw's for the military troops. keep the barracks, training grounds and mercenary camp, up to date. look for unit upgrades, valorian guards and ork statagest, from the crafting. every tourney will get harder then the last one that is just the nature of things.

juniperknome

not bad for fight only line is 2k points

Attachments

• fight.png
    fight.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 104

Mykan

Oh Wise One
it's a never ending quest to keep up every chance you get invest in the aw's for the military troops. keep the barracks, training grounds and mercenary camp, up to date. look for unit upgrades, valorian guards and ork statagest, from the crafting. every tourney will get harder then the last one that is just the nature of things.

I don't follow how this equates to every tournament getting harder. If I am gaining military buffs from wonders and better unit techs then surely tournaments are getting easier?

Tournaments have a fixed difficulty system so unless they tweak the AI, the maps or the fixed ratio difficulty shouldn't change. There might be some randomness in the mechanics were you jump from 2 star enemies to 3 star prior to been ready, then if that can occur then a tournament would get harder, albeit in the short term until your tech tree caught up.

The only other mechanic that we know of is that the cost can increase. For someone who caters only I can see them equating cost to difficulty as the inflation outstrips their technology. Not so for a combat person as troops are just supplies and your workshops get stronger every chapter not to mention tournaments give you a lot of spells to make them even better.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't follow how this equates to every tournament getting harder.
Harder as in "Harder to get the same points as before"
In the late game half of the chapters give you no increase to barracks levels where most troops come from, and they all have 3 mandatory SS techs.
If you progress quickly through the chapters without a lot of techlock then your military AW increases will be outstripped by those SS increases.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Harder as in "Harder to get the same points as before"
In the late game half of the chapters give you no increase to barracks levels where most troops come from, and they all have 3 mandatory SS techs.
If you progress quickly through the chapters without a lot of techlock then your military AW increases will be outstripped by those SS increases.

From that view point I can see how some people could argue it gets harder compared to same effort previously. However there is also a level of subjectivity (short of tracking costs verse performance which most people don't do) as well as individual approach. I would expect the individual approach is the major factor that can either amplify or negate this effect. For example it is possible to generate enough KP to minimise tech lock and still level wonders.

SGT AT ARMS

Well I maybe a bit ignorant but terminology like Advanced Scouts = REDUCED scouting costs significantly-an decrease in cost of negotiations and enemy army sizes means just that reduced- I have yet to find anything reduced so I am a tad bit lost an henceforth "Harder to get the same points as b4". I get game increase of difficulty however as I improve/increase it appears there is only the home field advantage of the game-- maybe I am just too new at this point to fully understand but at some point mine and others growth should show some signs of empowerment at least maybe - once in awhile?- SGT

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Well I maybe a bit ignorant but terminology like Advanced Scouts = REDUCED scouting costs significantly-an decrease in cost of negotiations and enemy army sizes means just that reduced- I have yet to find anything reduced so I am a tad bit lost an henceforth "Harder to get the same points as b4". I get game increase of difficulty however as I improve/increase it appears there is only the home field advantage of the game-- maybe I am just too new at this point to fully understand but at some point mine and others growth should show some signs of empowerment at least maybe - once in awhile?- SGT

The advanced scouts will impact the world map fights and they do indeed make fights and catering easier and cheaper. Sadly the game is a little broken at the start so the hardest fights you face are in the first few chapters. If you are not too aggressive in your scouting you will eventually see those fights become easier.

Tournaments however have a fixed difficulty (your squad size verse the enemies) but the catering costs and squad size increase for every squad size technology you research.