• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Indirect PvP....Competition!!

DeletedUser478

Ok, Ill be honest, I prefer games that have some sort of element of pvp but like many have stressed this game caters to perhaps an un-captured market, the docile community that doesnt want their crap plundered. Granted a lot of games offer abilities to control who and what you fight (Hobbit Kingdoms on mobile was a great platform) but most of those games literally become far far too money driven if you even wanna be remotely considered "good" on rankings and leaderboards.

So I have an idea that i think can satisfy both those with the need for some competitive drive and those who wanna play "fantasyville tycoon." A Race vs Race ranking system that tracks on a few different leaderboards things such as -
Provinces Taken
Neighbor Assistance
Trade Activity
Total Value of Cities
Total KP Spent

As of now those are the 5 main "themes" of this game. KP may be a little more in depth and buggy to accurately calculate given the current failings with the culture system but the rest is honestly a couple hours work to code.

Now obviously this rankings system can be done as an "overall" and "weekly" thing so one race is never in so deep they don't see any gratification for work. Also the current ratio of one race to the other would have to be calculated in a race density formula (Above scores/total cities of each race). That would keep it fair so people cannot simply bot multiple cities or new players aren't inclined to go with the "winning team" per se. I am not suggesting any reward either for being the leading race outside of personal accomplishment... "I captured 7 provinces and helped 39 neighbors all week, i helped the cause!!!" But even a new player can immediately feel as if they contributed.

What i believe can happen is it will hopefully fulfill, if even on the smallest level, the competitive nature of some who may quit this game after 1 day that it takes to figure out they cannot attack their neighbor. It should hopefully stimulate areas of the map where there are active players who are pretty one way about not returning help- yes i have about 9 actives in my area two are close enough that even with their current tech should have discovered me and about three very established players who don't do crap. (which incidentally i cannot figure out why since they would get the benefit of gold and supplies since i hit all my neighbors daily for that reason alone.) But maybe if they felt they were contributing to the good of their race they may participate... hopefully. The trade activity category does seem kinda dumb i admit, but maybe will encourage some idiots to make decent offers so maybe they'll actually complete a trade. I read on another thread about that and i have a similar individual in my area that just has outwardly offers like he is the only person with the goods.

In closing, I am currently a free to pay player simply because in the next 72 hours I am moving to a new house I built and may have a few shaky days of computer access where i may not be able to take full advantage of money spent. But that said, I feel like this is a game i can invest in even with an "end in sight" mentality because there isn't pvp and the tech tree eventually ends. I hope this doesnt turn into a farmville clone with city design competitions and what not but I am also satisfied if it never goes full blown pvp either. Ive played actively many of those games and "tried" many more via mobile or at the actual computer where i could sit down and enjoy a larger screen. Thankfully i got into this game while it was still relatively young so i dont feel the immediate need to drop 100 bucks to feel relevant or wait out the creation of another server. But i do think something as simple as the above suggestion could motivate and captivate some people while allowing others to still be "safe".
Ive now been playing for exactly two weeks and am very active when im not at work, I dont want this to eventually become a game where the community dies and i log on once every 2 days to click buildings while looking for the next best thing. Im not saying execute my suggestion or i quit, im just putting it on the table a very tame level of competition that i think may make the community as a whole happy.

DeletedUser478

Single family, 3200 sq feet 2 car garage... 4 bedroom 3 bath unfinished basement soon to be a baltimore Ravens mancave =).