• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inno Forces Cauldron

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I think they're waiting for the other shoe to drop. Was working just fine being optional so making it mandatory means they have a reason that it needs to be mandatory not yet revealed.

It does signal a change that I do not think is a good move.

Ed

What is the worst that can happen? It won't definitely be something that will interfere with Inno wanting to make money from creating a good gaming experience. Even if this could signal a change, it won't be a horrible change. I wouldn't worry about something that hasn't happened yet and is not likely to happen.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
they have a reason that it needs to be mandatory not yet revealed.
It's not that hard to guess: quests. some future event will have "brew a pot" or "spend witch points"

To Quote from Beta:
"To grant everyone in Elvenar the most magical experience, the Cauldron will start to be involved in quests and requirements starting from January 23rd, so if you haven't already, go and research it NOW!"
-Beta

If this tech wasn't mandatory then when such a quest does come out people would lose their minds that they had to go back and spend 30 KP in addition to the quest requirements.
Soggy, its not about the KP its a choice that INNO is forcing us to go back and complete a tech that should and was optional.
So what? There are basically no optional techs in this game. Yes, 5 years ago we were told there are 2 routes, military and trade, but 10 minutes later when you get quests to build a trader AND a barracks we should have faced reality.
Yes, one can choose not to progress (as you and I did) or to not place an expansion (because it's 0.1% better not to), but let's face it: those choices are unimportant in the grand scheme of things and the choices are largely illusionary.

Can you ignore the Tech tree/spire/tournament/wholesaler/wonders/events/FA/FS/crafting/cauldron?

Sure, if you want to have less game for the same price, go nuts, but expecting inno to cater to that is unrealistic.

I don't believe the tech was ever intended to be permanently optional. They added it, told everyone about it in multiple announcements, FORCED everyone's screen to focus on it when they opened the tech tree, and then after a grace period made it mandatory.
They did everything except add a giant neon sign pointing us toward completing that research.

This is the same thing they did when they added the mortar tech, the training grounds, and I believe the cerb techs too.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Soggy, its not about the KP its a choice that INNO is forcing us to go back and complete a tech that should and was optional.
It does signal a change that I do not think is a good move.
I don't believe the tech was ever intended to be permanently optional.

The tech was never going to be optional, @Lelanya mentioned it, I did on one of the forums, others did as well. It is a feature of the MA which is considered to be a crucial building that cant be removed, of course it would be a compulsory tech.

Very long term players have seen this before, happened with MA, something else too (wonders maybe?). They can't add a retrospective tech as compulsory straight aways, it causes issues. They have to do it this way, add it as optional and then connect it up as compulsory. Was explained around the first time they did it but it was years and years ago.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
This sucks, especially without a warning that we were being forced to unlock this dreadful new hassle from INNO. Why do we have to unlock it. I unlocked it and one world and decided it's not something I really want to bother with, especially right now with all the other stuff going on now.
I guess you didn't read the pop-up that said quite plainly that this was going to happen.

defiantoneks

This is a LOT of whinging over 30 KP guys... :rolleyes:
i can't "like" this enough.
seriously people, get over it.
yes you have to complete a task to move on. what else is new? that's the WHOLE THEME OF THE GAME.
boohoo... they're going to make you "stuck" somewhere? no more so than if you skipped ANY OTHER TECH.
wahhhh… it might become required. oh you mean like "collect 20 vision vapor" or "collect 16 relics"? or "make 9 hr productions of your choice"?

cheese and rice.

sweetpeach24700

yes you have to complete a task to move on. what else is new? that's the WHOLE THEME OF THE GAME.
boohoo... they're going to make you "stuck" somewhere? no more so than if you skipped ANY OTHER TECH.
wahhhh… it might become required. oh you mean like "collect 20 vision vapor" or "collect 16 relics"? or "make 9 hr productions of your choice"?

cheese and rice.

cheese and rice.
But in the case of the "cauldron" tech, it had to be completed to move on to the next "city expansion" tech and complete that level. This issue is happening on all me worlds.

elvenbee

People are mad at Inno for making it required now.
You should be grateful they gave you that grace period of being optional.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I went through the Ideas/Suggestions section and I didn't see something like this mentioned. I'm genuinely curious if this was an idea presented by a player or something Inno came up with on their own. If it is something that Inno came up with on their own, then people being upset over this is understandable. Why would they be grateful when they're getting something they didn't want?

defiantoneks

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I went through the Ideas/Suggestions section and I didn't see something like this mentioned. I'm genuinely curious if this was an idea presented by a player or something Inno came up with on their own. If it is something that Inno came up with on their own, then people being upset over this is understandable. Why would they be grateful when they're getting something they didn't want?
-there have been many suggestions that relate to finding better use for excess coins/supplies/etc that were NOT the wholesaler (or complaints re the wholesaler
-likewise players who get zero benefit from the previously existing cycling quests, and complained about that/sought changes
-and players who simply get to a high enough level that they need things to challenge or interest them

basically, growth keeps players coming back. stagnation does not.
i am glad the devs are actively working to improve and add to this game.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
We've been asking for a revamp of the cycling declinable quests for 5+ years
Inno has been trying to change it for 8 years ;)
If you read the feedback on beta when they tried something 8 years ago, be sure to have the popcorn ready.

@elvenbee if you read that link it gives a little explanation around some issues with the declineable quests. The date will tell you how long in the making this change has taken. As Soggy said a few years after that players started asking for it instead of resisting change on mass.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Inno has been trying to change it for 8 years ;)
Me reading this:
matt.png