• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

InnoGames TV February episode

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please leave your feedback on our newest episode of InnoGames TV in this topic!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1161

I wish I were excited, but it doesn't seem these new features do our cities much good. The elven AW are a disappointment since they cut into goods production so badly, and this looks like a pretty marginal benefit too.

I thought it looked like a really neat feature until I realized that one spell only boosts one building once. An additive 2-day 50% boost to one factory for 4 relics is not really worth tying up 20 city squares. Goods aren't that hard to get. You didn't show us the culture spell to evaluate. The workshop ones are a little better at 2 relics for 100% 4-day boost. I can boost one workshop for quite a while. If I make this, it seems I essentially get a zero population oversized 4x5 workshop that can't have a culture boost. Meh. If the magic academy ties up population and culture I'm not sure it's not worth building at all. Better to use the space for another factory and a workshop.

I hope you are adding another city expansion to the early tree so players have room to build the magic academy. Otherwise, there is no way my Act II human city could spare 4x5. It would cripple me to lose that much city space. I'm already struggling badly for supplies with the nerfed quests.

These spells are one-time, limited quantity items that are fairly costly at up to half a province each. Why are the effects so modest? Make them work on more buildings at once, and shrink the 4x5 size down to 3x3 so it doesn't cut into our cities so badly and you might have a fun new feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Maybe these spells are only for the newbies? I mean, this whole building is introduced way back in chapter 2. It seems useless and even harmful to those of us who have been playing a long time, but what about the people who are just starting? Will this help speed the game again after all the ways they have slowed it down?

Deleted User - 312108

It may; I'm not sure. It's too tied into the battle thing to rebuild the number of relics. There are definitely times where I am short on goods. BUT, I dislike battles and I doubt shared battles would change that. It limits the usefulness and interest to me. I would much prefer having something to streamline neighborly help for the fellowship as a priority. That would mean less time spent on visits and more to dedicate to other areas of the game... and less likelihood of the game hanging between screen changes which is something of a regular occurrence.

DeletedUser594

It'll cost them relics which they will need to update AW's. I wonder about their formula for supply in general. What is the target goal in terms of % of city space/pop that are looking for? I am always under supplied 11 dwarven/elven workshops and 2 more getting up to dwarven. That's 189 square currenlt and after the updated buldings get going I still think I will be in the red. I don't produce like a madman. One Dust@lvl15, one @lvl12, two scroll @ 15,and four steel that use very little supply. I build as regularly as I can if there if there is space. I haven't built troops in a while and can run my dust only sporadically so I'm not sure what the intention is but it feels a bit off to me, although I haven't run any numbers.
I am still not clear on if the spells get used in your city, on other members cities or both. Having several boosted workshops simultaneously would be of benefit the spells are done like Nh.

DeletedUser1161

Maybe these spells are only for the newbies? I mean, this whole building is introduced way back in chapter 2. It seems useless and even harmful to those of us who have been playing a long time, but what about the people who are just starting? Will this help speed the game again after all the ways they have slowed it down?
They mention in the video that using the spells later in the game provides more benefit. The game is a mess starting now. Dropping a monster sized building into your city can't possibly help matters. :-/

DeletedUser1053

I wanted to hear more about the cooperative battle. Unfortunately, it was not referenced. The other topic I wanted to hear about was the next guest race.

I was hoping at least some of the spells would have to do with aiding in battle in some way.

My concern with the building for making spells is that I have limited space now, some have already maxed their space, and I don't have room for a large building. it is getting harder and harder to get more space, and I simply have very little room. Unless we get more room for expansions, then I am afraid this is a waste to me. I am already into the dwarven chapter. I would love to get more supplies per building, but I can't see trading the space for the supplies.

DeletedUser594

They need to tweak the big buildings to have some more punch imo. The AW's, and probably these tend to occupy a lot of space for lackluster rewards while eating up relics. So far there is nothing outstanding about any of them and most of the rewards can be gained using less city space by building an extra workshop, manufactory, armory etc. They have really made this buildings unexciting at the least and downright counterproductive at the worst. These Aw's should provide lasting citywide benefit of considerable magnitude. They should not be replaceable with one or two regular structures.
Lame , lame, worse than lame seems to be the pattern

DeletedUser637

They need to tweak the big buildings to have some more punch imo. [...]
Lame , lame, worse than lame seems to be the pattern

Why I have a feeling that there will be "Build Magic Academy" non-declinable quest :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1161

Why I have a feeling that there will be "Build Magic Academy" non-declinable quest :rolleyes:
Yep. That's why I suggested adding another city expansion alongside of it.
They need to tweak the big buildings to have some more punch imo. The AW's, and probably these tend to occupy a lot of space for lackluster rewards while eating up relics. So far there is nothing outstanding about any of them and most of the rewards can be gained using less city space by building an extra workshop, manufactory, armory etc.
I don't understand the philosophy of making these big buildings almost detrimental either. Everyone gets one of each, so there is not a game balance issue like there is with the declinable/repeatable quests. Why not make the magic academy and wonders have clear-cut benefits?

DeletedUser61

Ancient Wonders have, so far, 10 levels, each with increased benefits, and I suspect you'll be able to upgrade the Magic Academy as well although manufacturing upgrades tend to be more of the same, rather than more efficient. You need to calculate balances apples to apples, not low level Ancient Wonders and Magic Academies against high level basic buildings that have been a year in the making.
  • In both cases the buildings are SINKS for the soon™ to be released Provincial Tournament, which will likely generate an unlimited number of Rune Shards and Relics, limited only by your appetite for the combat aspects of the game.
  • If you think folks are complaining about Rune Sniping in the Ancient Wonders, the outcry will be deafening when they figure out that ONLY the top few participants win ANYTHING in a typical tournament.
By analogy, the important consideration regarding combat,is NOT whether it exists, but rather if you can safely ignore it if you're not interested. For example, I enjoy watching professional football games, but I would not want the professionals to take over my front yard, where my KIDS play touch football.

DeletedUser594

Apple to Apple as close as can be helped: 1st military building available
FoE : Statue of Zeus. LvL 10 30% Troop strength increase in attack. Costs 2500 Fp's size:2x3
Elvenar: MonastaryLvL 10= 10% increase i health and +2900 culture. Costs 3250Kps (+relics) size 5x5

Which would you take?
Alcatraz gives mixed troops, the bulwark gives basic units only. Also it doesn't take 15 hours to level up after I've collected my Fp on FoE.

The bonus just seems marginal to me- the wow factors are not there. Nothing is city changing like say the Alexandria
most can be replaced using regular buildings-this cannot be said about the FoE buildings and not only are they tepid and unexciting they eat up a resource plus they make you wait for upgrades. It's lackluster performance buildings presented poorly with a bill attached. I hope I am totally wrong and these turn out as great investments cause I do plan to fight and if so i will sing their praises. Right now I remain ambivalent but pessimistic.

DeletedUser627

I wish I were excited, but it doesn't seem these new features do our cities much good. The elven AW are a disappointment since they cut into goods production so badly, and this looks like a pretty marginal benefit too.

I thought it looked like a really neat feature until I realized that one spell only boosts one building once. An additive 2-day 50% boost to one factory for 4 relics is not really worth tying up 20 city squares. Goods aren't that hard to get. You didn't show us the culture spell to evaluate. The workshop ones are a little better at 2 relics for 100% 4-day boost. I can boost one workshop for quite a while. If I make this, it seems I essentially get a zero population oversized 4x5 workshop that can't have a culture boost. Meh. If the magic academy ties up population and culture I'm not sure it's not worth building at all. Better to use the space for another factory and a workshop.

I hope you are adding another city expansion to the early tree so players have room to build the magic academy. Otherwise, there is no way my Act II human city could spare 4x5. It would cripple me to lose that much city space. I'm already struggling badly for supplies with the nerfed quests.

These spells are one-time, limited quantity items that are fairly costly at up to half a province each. Why are the effects so modest? Make them work on more buildings at once, and shrink the 4x5 size down to 3x3 so it doesn't cut into our cities so badly and you might have a fun new feature.

Ayden, if you're correct (2-day 50% boost to one factory for 20 squares), how stupid can this get? For 20 squares I can increase 200% T1 permanently, or 100% T3 permanently. And if it doesn't use population or culture, i.e. contribute to score, why would I want to use the space?

I'm remembering early play, where goods were so very difficult to obtain...still, it's a huge space. Very tempting, too, to use up all one's non-boosted relics and then not have enough later if a Wonder is wanted.

Deleted User - 312108

Well, he is a bundle of information and seems to have more time than I do. I can't say much as I have been contemplating reviewing and listing all the suggested improvements and then posting them to vote for our top 5 picks :)

I really want improved neighborly help visits, I hate visiting. It hangs between screens and takes 15 seconds to load between screens....

DeletedUser1161

Ayden, if you're correct (2-day 50% boost to one factory for 20 squares), how stupid can this get? For 20 squares I can increase 200% T1 permanently, or 100% T3 permanently. And if it doesn't use population or culture, i.e. contribute to score, why would I want to use the space?
The numbers in my post were directly from the video. I paused it to read them. I thought they looked pretty good until I realized that each spell only boosts one building.

Personally I'm more interested in city density and production that score. (Of course, dense, high-production cities score high so they are related.) I view a building with marginal benefits that ties up a lot of culture and elves less favorably than one that doesn't. That just goes to show though, that this building will not interest players who aim for score or players who aim for efficiency. :rolleyes:

I'm remembering early play, where goods were so very difficult to obtain...still, it's a huge space. Very tempting, too, to use up all one's non-boosted relics and then not have enough later if a Wonder is wanted.
That's a fairly serious problem they're going to have to address. There is absolutely zero indication in-game that AW are going to use relics until you've actually built the wonder. I've been stuck on supplies rather than goods in my young cities, but either way there is a temptation to use up all your relics.
Does anyone else get tired of hearing Katwijk referencing things none of us have ever heard of?
I can usually follow Katwijk, but that post makes so many assumptions that it borders on incoherence.

DeletedUser1053

Other than when talking about FOE, I usually follow Kat. He is human, and since I don't trust anything said by humans without investigating more, I have little problem with what he says. I tend to be a skeptical sort.