• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

InnoTV June Episode

DeletedUser627

So Tournaments will provide a fivefold benefit:
  1. You'll get extra KPs that you can contribute to existing AWs, and thereby generate the Rune Shards that you need the most

While it's true that the rest of us will be getting KP from Tournaments, I'm quite surprised to hear that you believe in participating in the fighting. There are just so very many clicks required to win a battle! Does this mean you've abandoned your "least fewest clicks" ratio?

Knowledge Point contributions will run your score up SOONER than will excessive manufacturing, so developing them as you go will make a lot more sense

In Elvenar there is no such thing as "excessive manufacturing". Players who produce large numbers of goods either have already used it to KP for Wonders, or have inventory available to purchase kP for Wonders. I respect your personal game choice, but its consequence (by avoiding "excessive goods") is that your Wonders remain at low levels and will progress more slowly than players who have more goods. Essentially goods and KP can be synonymous as of now; until Supplies can be converted into KP, goods are the only medium of exchanging our free resource into KP - the new equivalent of score.

The low level AWs will attract more low level Tournament participants, and while they don't contribute AS many neighborhood points in each tournament, there's no limit on how many Tournaments you can chase. The obvious strategy will be to do MOST of the round one Tournaments, and then focus on those that have additional participants, for mutual benefit.

There is a significant limitation on how many Tournaments a low level player can chase. The fights are too difficult, the catering options too expensive. My Research Level 5 city - almost to Dwarven - was bankrupted by just 3 Provinces to Level 2. I'm sure we'll all continue experimenting with this in our alternate cities, but right now it's not promising.

I'm just very very grateful that the game has gotten past the manufacturing squirrel cage as the primary means for getting a high score.

I'm stunned - almost speechless. You. Want. Score???????

DeletedUser61

My project management metric has ALWAYS been chasing the lowest feasible Cost/Benefit ratio. Overwhelming the game simply doesn't interest me.

Sometimes that means the avoidance of activities that provide a minimal benefit, like chasing declinable quests, but mostly it involves a Kan-Ban strategy whereby you VERY CAREFULLY consider what you have too much of, because TOO MUCH is far easier to detect that TOO LITTLE.

I prefer to run a tightly constrained city that has just enough resources, just in time. In the meatbag world that's how you maximize your profits.

You can have your Lamborghini. I'm happy with my Chevy pickup.

DeletedUser

Okay so I have a question with all of these new AW's being introduced into the game. Will we be able to build every single one of the Ancient Wonders if we have the room for them in our cities?

DeletedUser627

Re building the Wonders:
If we continue to need lots of goods for building and buying kp, it will be an interesting balancing question to decide how to allocate our available space. As a reference point, though, a manufactury at L19 with 700% boost can produce an amazing amount of goods. Silk is at 2125 / 3 hours for example.

It could be exciting if I thought the word "fun" was in Inno's vocabulary. After the next guest race fills all the available grid, we could have an entire secondary screen to build the beach vacation city...or mountain chalet. Or we could develop trade caravans or myriad tiny manufactories producing specialty items for trade...lots of fun ideas players have suggested.

So many possibilities, yet if the long-awaited Tournaments are indicative, we'll just be trudging along. Clicketty -click.