• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

InnoTV May Episode

DeletedUser51

What tournament feature? The bugged out, non functioning, player eliminating, diamond only misfit of a feature being insert into the broken world map.
The tournament concept released into to beta 1 was 80%
complete

As far as Tournaments are concerned, keep in mind they are not ready to be released to all of the live servers, as they are continuing to undergo adjustments. As some of our players already know, they are active on Beta and one additional server beginning May 3 for more testing and feedback before we will get them here :)

DeletedUser61

So there's no real point in arguing game theory, fairness, what Inno does / doesn't intend. If we want changes, we have to affect profitability.
You're close. For a change, literally, try wanting some features that are likely to increase profitability AND improve the game.

The pretense that a few knowledgeable users somehow understand the game, and it's potential, BETTER THAN the developers, is just absurd.

DeletedUser43

For a change, literally, try wanting some features that are likely to increase profitability AND improve the game.

A change? A change? Where have you been? We players do that all the time and they listen to us as closely as they listened to us about the magic academy....that is to say not at all. Go read the suggestions section.

Want to hear some of them again:

Sell skins. So we can redecorate our cities with different colors. If I want a red house, I can pay extra and have one.

Sell backgrounds. Don't tell me this isn't possible, I have seen it over and over on different games.

Sell avatars.

Sell another scout.

Sell different backgrounds.

Sell a warehouse where we can buy lots of stuff and put other stuff. Only the stuff that is on our screen at the moment can count towards our score.

This is a city BUILDER. Sell building materials! This isn't FoE. It doesn't matter what sells on FoE. Stop trying to make this FoE light. FoE prime already exists.

Too hard to create all this content? Ask players to give it to you for free. Or for some diamonds. (not real diamonds you know, just that little pixel currency).

Want to make more money? Go read the forums for the other ideas that have been posted over over.

And how about having a specific forum to discuss all these money making ideas. Keep it separate from the other ideas forums and see what you get.

The pretense that a few knowledgeable users somehow understand the game, and it's potential, BETTER THAN the developers, is just absurd.

It is just absurd that the players wouldn't understand game play better. We are the only ones who play it in real time. We are the ones who study the layouts. We agonize for months where the next building will go. We may not know how to create the game, but we sure know how to play it. Over and over we have proven this. They would be morons not to listen to all this free work product we give them.

DeletedUser627

It depends on the intent of the "developers". These particular developers have a clear understanding of how to make money, and the potential of Elvenar for making money. They have a target market in mind, and are attempting to capture the desired segment.

Players are free to explore the potential of the game itself. We consistently suggest palliative ways to make a better game - but we were to take the time, we could suggest many more ways to develop Elvenar into a captivating game that was reasonably profitable. Not easy nor simplistic, but captivating, surprising, rewarding, enticing, enchanting.

It's not absurd to suppose that the Elvenar demographic - with its above-average intelligence and successfulness - is easily on par with the game designers.

DeletedUser1792

"I didn´t hear any any more criticism since they opened tournaments on beta."
I think your radio broke :)

Maybe I should have specified that: I didn´t hear any criticism since they opened tournements on beta about the measure of advanced scouting chests. Don´t tell me that especially the "old players" weren´t glad to rise their marble boost up to 700 % in only one week because they stored millions of goods. That wouldn´t be possible, if you conquered only 20 provinces but be in Chapter 7. By the way I started a new world as an elve with the advanced scouting chests and at least for me it is not a problem and I am rather a peaceful gamer like you 6pac and I negotiate most of the

HA HA German flexibility - my way or the highway
Yea! a city builders game. Lets fight.

Sorry dude but this is nothing more than superficial...to use stereotypes.

I bet you're a fair person in real life, Senedai, because you attribute a sense of fair play to others. Unfortunately, the "no push accounts" and "no bots" have nothing to do with fair play. If fair play were the standard, they wouldn't have such a blatant "payers win" game. Push accounts and bots allow non-payers to win - that's why Inno doesn't allow them.

Of course these rules have something to do with fair play. I don´t totally disagree: Of course Inno makes sure that you don´t use bots so you don´t have to buy diamond buildings to be as good as the paying customers. But Inno also makes sure with these rules that other players who play honestly or just don´t know how to use a bot have a disadvantage. I think you would be the first one who cries around if bots were allowed and you are inexperienced with using bots so others who are able to use them get an significant advantage but you not :).

And yes I try to be fair...even about Inno´s measures. That is why I hold the opinion that making the MA almost mandatory is not acceptable and a wrong decision but other measures like advanded scouting chests were finally justifiable concerning the upcoming tournament feature

DeletedUser627

I think you would be the first one who cries around if bots were allowed and you are inexperienced with using bots so others who are able to use them get an significant advantage but you not

Surprisingly, no - I wouldn't object. I'd like to have multiple cities in one world, some as dedicated "feeders" - push accounts, I suppose. I prefer a game where I can have active play time with increasing complexity...not the multiple city varieties.

DeletedUser1792

Surprisingly, no - I wouldn't object. I'd like to have multiple cities in one world, some as dedicated "feeders" - push accounts, I suppose. I prefer a game where I can have active play time with increasing complexity...not the multiple city varieties.

Do you do disproportional trades like 25 steel for 1000 planks or do you do trades like 1000 steel for 1000 planks? Do you feed the Ancient Wonders on your main account with knowledge points from your second account? If not then it isn´t a push account and no reason where we other players can cry about...on the contrary it is allowed to have more than one account in the same world. It still keeps fairness unless you do
disproportional trades or feed your AW on your main account.

DeletedUser627

Do you do disproportional trades like 25 steel for 1000 planks or do you do trades like 1000 steel for 1000 planks? Do you feed the Ancient Wonders on your main account with knowledge points from your second account? If not then it isn´t a push account and no reason where we other players can cry about...on the contrary it is allowed to have more than one account in the same world. It still keeps fairness unless you do
disproportional trades or feed your AW on your main account.

I wasn't aware of a change allowing multiple accounts on the same world, so I don't have two cities in any world.

If "pushing" as you described were allowed, I'd be in favor. So long as players can buy their way to the top, it's not sensible for players to be banned from working their way to the top.

DeletedUser61

We may not know how to create the game, but we sure know how to play it.
Take a close look at https://www.adjust.com/analytics/.

Not only do the developers understand how the game "fits together" and where it's going, they ALSO have a broad range of statistical tools for analysing user behaviors, including where the users spend their time and their money, and ESPECIALLY where the users QUIT doing so.

A group of users, no matter how dedicated they are, simply can't match that kind of profiling. We also need to admit that the developers are, themselves, avid gamers.

I'm not understating the importance of the user experience and user feedback, but the tail doesn't wag the dog. Here's an interesting article that you should read suspiciously. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/management-lesson-dont-let-the-tail-wag-the-dog/. At first blush it's about training dogs, but as you get into the article the POINT of the article is that the dogs are always going to be dogs.

It's the owners, or the developers in our case, who have understand dogs, not the other way round, and tools like adjust are all about understanding what the users are doing, and how to influence their behavior.

DeletedUser594

To me I can see why this game may be a harder challenge to the developers then others because it isn't your typical wham bam hit the enemy hard with what you can build or afford. I'm sure the developers are looking at all of the suggestions and scratching their head's saying That's cool, that isn't cool and of course how in the world do I code that without upsetting the main code?

Were on a different frontier here people, and of course there are many different type's of players. Those who coin like myself and those who want the world handed to them and you can't please everyone.

I agree, the challenge is interesting. They are pushing for cooperative gameplay with a lot of interaction but using battle as their main game mechanic. There will surely be something in the pipeline for inter and intra-fellowship interaction as well- some sort of group activities- I'll be curious to see if they introduce some sort of new game mechanic beside battle which just doesn't really appeal to a large portion of their target demographic ( I personally love it though)

DeletedUser627

Not only do the developers understand how the game "fits together" and where it's going, they ALSO have a broad range of statistical tools for analysing user behaviors, including where the users spend their time and their money, and ESPECIALLY where the users QUIT doing so.

A group of users, no matter how dedicated they are, simply can't match that kind of profiling. We also need to admit that the developers are, themselves, avid gamers.

There's no required correlation between developers whom are supposedly "avid gamers" and tools for where "users spend time and money". Nor is there any "need to admit" that the developers are avid gamers - the developmental process of Elvenar speaks to profit as primary driver, not incredible gaming. If you disagree, let's discuss any of the specifics of development - make some kind of rational argument that lends credence to the notion that key decisions are being made by "avid gamers" rather than by "avid profiteers".

DeletedUser61

make some kind of rational argument that lends credence to the notion that key decisions are being made by "avid gamers" rather than by "avid profiteers".
I am a Junior Product Manager working on Tribal Wars and I have been with InnoGames for almost 5 years now. It’s been a blast! ...
Being an avid gamer myself (mostly role-playing games, my favorite being Baldur’s Gate) I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to exchange with new communities sharing a passion, and I don’t regret my choice! I later became Lead Community Manager for Tribal Wars.
- https://blog.innogames.com/my-innogames-story-thomas-raimbault
I added the emphasis.
Brothers Eike and Hendrik Klindworth start developing the browser game Tribal Wars with Michael Zillmer. The team is motivated by the idea of creating a game they would enjoy playing which would also offer an extensive, fun gaming experience.
- https://www.innogames.com/company/about-us/
This is how the FOUNDERS of InnoGames describe themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1036

OK Avid Gamer's developed and produced all of Yahoo Games. After 10 years Yahoo shut down the entire system due to total lack of revenue even though they advertised heavily with side ad's (even pop-up's for 6 months which lost customers in drove's) in other word's they lost their butt's and a massive amount of money. If your developing a game do you want the ability to make a living off of it or would you rather give it completely away and spend all of your hard earned money from another job to support it only to get even more bill's for servers and band with? Yahoo spent MILLIONS and lost.

That being said, developers (even the one's were talking about) do get stuck with the old "It has to appeal to the new customer so they will want to continue and possibly make a purchase" attitude. I've seen it with ton's of MMO's that are both successful and have failed. If a team be it Inno Game's or another decide to flow through and develop a game to the middle they still have to contend with it's success and try to figure out the next step. After all do you want the game to have an end? A Place where you can go no further?

In business it is usually about the first sale. Give the best you can and hope for a repeat customer. That said in the world of online games you also have to deal with the customer such as ourselves that have stayed and played waiting for the next bread crumb of hope the game hasn't hit a brick wall and ended. The one's that do contribute (by this I do mean Pay for Diamonds in this case) give the developers incentive to work more and do better. The one's that simply play the game and never spend a dime are usually the loudest and more common in the forums saying this about that and what ever. The Developers face this every day, they make decisions hoping it will appease a mass of the current audience. Sure some people complain that this or that isn't the way they would have done it but those people are only a small part of the bigger picture.

I have run website's and can tell you depending on the content if they have a really active forum such as this one only 1-15% of the active people (players in this case) from the website ever even visit the forum much less post. To complicate matters even more almost 25% of those who visit were told about a post by somebody on the website so they visited for just that one instance and only read about it.

Think about this, have a look at how many members are in this forum and think about how many servers Elvenar has. On my server there are currently 85092 registered players (and yes a massive amount of dead or lost players) but how many forum members that are active are there?

Sure I wish everyone was happy and the game were so enveloped in would continue but constant complaining about this and that content only discourages anyone working on the content. Complaining about a bug that effect's play is a challenge and is worked on immediately. Making new suggestions breaths new life into games.

I should quit typing here but I do need to say this: I've been in hundred's of forums through out the years dealing with totally different topics other then games as well as gaming forums. There will always be the one or two players that bash or complain about everything or one or two topics in particular (some other posters wonder if they work for the company or just live to post in that forum). There will always be that one or two poster's that are the analytical person that explains some things in detail so precise that it sometimes confuse's other people. I love all of those people because they are passionate, maybe a little to obsessed but still passionate about the content and questions or problems brought up in the particular forum they reside in.

DeletedUser626

thanks for the may video.

#1) daily login bonus question - rewarding players on daily log in is a nice idea.

#2) can you improve the city distribution on the world map - I hope so, it is terrible to see active players on the worlds edge.

#3) Will you make the quest to build the magic academy optional / declinable - I'm not planning on build the magic academy anytime soon. please make some better spells, (fun stuff like - supplies turn to diamonds on collection, main hall max coin is increased to scout, troops do double damage).

#4) will there be any improvement to ancient wonders eg dwarven bulwark - for the kp and relic costs for a bulwark as it is currently, I feel better off with an armory and training number 3/4 troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but since we've been talking a little about target markets, here's my thoughts on the topic.

This game is designed to appeal to millennials - the cooperative, everybody-wins aspect fits exactly with this generation's preferences. And since they're also more likely to play computer games than other generations, being digitally native, and are now reaching the point where they have disposable incomes, I'd say it's a fair bet that they make up a large part of the demographic of this game. I haven't seen the numbers myself, so I can't state for sure. But the marketing & development teams seem to have missed out on a huge part of the millennial mindset - millennials expect choices - lots of them. Brand loyalty as such doesn't factor in - millennials choose what fits best (I don't care if my jeans are Levis or Hilfiger or neither, but I want boot-cut or flare, while other people want skinny jeans.) To keep this group coming back, you need to increase the number of choices, not decrease them. Every time you take away a choice, you have more people who find the game "doesn't fit" and leave. Every time you increase the number of choices, you gain more people who find their comfort zone, and tell their friends. So please, find ways to increase the choices of how to play the game - even little things like color or background - or different background music! Millennials will pay for more choices, but won't stick around if they feel backed into a corner.

http://thenextweb.com/entrepreneur/2014/03/29/meet-millennials-consumers-change-marketing-landscape/ ~ talks a lot about marketing via social media, but also has some interesting things to say about marketing & expectations - especially the section on relevancy. Favorite quote: "Making it “their own” is another trait of Millennial consumers. The information Millennials pull from to make choices is vast; they are constantly exposed to and influenced by diverse experiences."

DeletedUser2615

I'm very disappointed with the approach re: the magic academy. Why are you making any building mandatory and permanent? This is supposed to be a city builder so let us build our cities the way we want them built, not the way you want them built. No building other than the town hall should be permanent. The barracks, trader, magic academy, etc. should all be optional. The approach you shared in the video shows you are not listening to players. We don't want better spells. We want cities that don't waste 25 squares on a magic academy we aren't interested in. Please listen to our feedback.