• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Instruction location for how forum works?

Tuschunreal

I am trying to find where the 'how this forum works' material is. I want to post something and provide a link to someone's post I read somewhere else, can I do that and how? I found the rules like not all CAPS that sort of thing but didn't see what I needed. Is there something that explains what the things like Poll that I just noticed to right of "Discussion" as I type this. What about the @somename...what is that about? cheers...tuschunreal

Tuschunreal

The rules state "It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum.". I posted that support helped me get logged on to this forum when I was having trouble in under 24 hours from request or something to that affect. I was thanking support. Is this allowed or did I mess up?

Tuschunreal

Forum rules.
BB code instructions.
Smileys codes.
and for giggles, Game rules.

They get a notification in the bell at the top so they can click to the msg you mentioned them in.
I asked a lot in my original post. I thought I didn't know anything when I posted. After reading some of the material I know I don't know anything and have a lot to learn. I will work through what you sent. I appreciate your help:D

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The rules state "It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum.". I posted that support helped me get logged on to this forum when I was having trouble in under 24 hours from request or something to that affect. I was thanking support. Is this allowed or did I mess up?
You definitely can't paste their replies to the forum, but I believe you can discuss it if you're being general about it (or explicitly gotten permission from the CM to post about your ticket)? Remember, most of the support are unpaid volunteers. So besides privacy, I'm sure they're also preventing the community from ganging up on anyone that's just trying to do their best on a voluntary basis. @Astram or @Sweetp, want to clear it up for the good people?

I asked a lot in my original post. I thought I didn't know anything when I posted. After reading some of the material I know I don't know anything and have a lot to learn. I will work through what you sent. I appreciate your help:D
You don't necessarily need to memorize the BB code or smiley codes. Just use the buttons at the top of the post to style things, which I'm sure is what most people do. But we appreciate you being so cautious about following the forum rules!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I posted that support helped me get logged on to this forum when I was having trouble in under 24 hours from request or something to that affect. I was thanking support. Is this allowed or did I mess up?
The forum mods here are able to take things on a case-by-case basis and are very unlikely to follow the strictest interpretation of the rules in yours. This is especially true if you are thanking support since my of them pull double duty and work that job as well.

Tuschunreal

You definitely can't paste their replies to the forum, but I believe you can discuss it if you're being general about it (or explicitly gotten permission from the CM to post about your ticket)? Remember, most of the support are unpaid volunteers. So besides privacy, I'm sure they're also preventing the community from ganging up on anyone that's just trying to do their best on a voluntary basis. @Astram or @Sweetp, want to clear it up for the good people?

You don't necessarily need to memorize the BB code or smiley codes. Just use the buttons at the top of the post to style things, which I'm sure is what most people do. But we appreciate you being so cautious about following the forum rules!
Wish you would have said something earlier:p. I stayed up all night;) memorizing. Didn't want to let you down :oops:even though I had tourney, spire and mad rush to end of FA to get done . All's :cool:.:D

Tuschunreal

@Tuschunreal
Are you finding your way around things and getting all the information you need?
That is what is important, and that is what we are here for, at any time.
I think so...a mentor of mine once said you can lead a person to knowledge but if they aren't ready to learn they won't. There is a lot to learn. Biggest lesson is not to be shy asking questions just try and ask one or two at a time.:)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Wish you would have said something earlier:p. I stayed up all night;) memorizing.
I still find it useful to know. After the forum software got a slight update, they tucked a bunch of things into the drawers. Takes too many clicks to find some of them. It's easier and faster to just type the BB code instead of fumbling around looking for the button sometimes.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Ashrem

"Good comments."

Now you've got another one and I am glad all of you liked it. Makes my day to be so easily accommodating.

AJ

Tuschunreal

I still find it useful to know. After the forum software got a slight update, they tucked a bunch of things into the drawers. Takes too many clicks to find some of them. It's easier and faster to just type the BB code instead of fumbling around looking for the button sometimes.

I posted elsewhere that I should accept the advice of those that have come before and have wisedom from the school of hard knocks. So I will be [list}[*]bold, [*]I will be the big[ person, [*]I will strive to understand and [*] won’t be blue if I don’t figure it out right away. You see I can aways remove stuff as I learn.

I posted elsewhere that I should accept the advice of those that have come before and have wisdom from the school of hard knocks. So I will be;

• bold,
  • I will be the big person,
  • I will strive to understand and
  • won’t be blue if I don’t figure it out right away.

You see I can aways remove stuff as I learn.

Katwick

Cartographer
Biggest lesson is not to be shy asking questions just try and ask one or two at a time.:)
#2 then, would be knowing where to find stuff.
FB_IMG_1606609104078.jpg