• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is gold spire the new 10 chest?

Dew Spinner

The same is true about 10 chests. It is just that 10 chests are now more common now. That was also one of the hardest parts to me about building a fellowship. Your most motivated, competitive players are normally also the highest scoring ones. If you are a developing fellowship they are also the most important to your success in tournament and spire. But if you have not achieved 10 chest or silver spire status these kind of players are also the most likely to leave for a better performing FS. There were multiple occasions when growing a FS where one of my best players would leave for a bigger FS. Now that we average 10 chests and silver spire, player retention is no longer nearly as big an issue. So not only does success mean you attract successful players, it also means you are more likely to keep the ones you already have.
Yes, so achieving Gold Spire Status is very Important for the reasons you just stated. I would never leave my Gold Spire FS for one that wasn't Gold Spire. They are stuck with me!!!

Iyapo1

There were multiple occasions when growing a FS where one of my best players would leave for a bigger FS. Now that we average 10 chests and silver spire, player retention is no longer nearly as big an issue. So not only does success mean you attract successful players, it also means you are more likely to keep the ones you already have.
I have three cities.
Two in gold, one in silver. One was gold when I joined. One developed into gold.
The silver spire FS lose players to gold, but they also lose players to other silver and even bronze if they transition to gold. Not everybody likes the spire.

NightshadeCS

I agree that getting 10 chests is easier now. I am in a fellowship that did a 10 chest push every 4 weeks. Once the change came, we found ourselves getting 10 chests on the non-push weeks without ever instituting a minimum on points. It just sort of...happens.

We also get Silver in the Spire most weeks, which I find very reasonable.

Since getting 10 chests seems a bit easier, it would make sense that the PRESTIGE element has shifted to Gold Spire. That is what looks shiny, impressive, and somewhat new. So that is what people advertise.

Also, it would be sort of assumed that if you are getting Gold Spire every week, you are also getting 10 chests. The reverse is definitely not true.

Gladiola

With regard to my comment on gold being just a few more diamonds, I find that I don't have all that much need for diamonds. I've leveled my Magic Academy to 5. I just bought a premium expansion because they are on sale. (I know expansions increase costs, but premium expansions increase costs less.) I have enough diamonds to get a phoenix artifact if I don't have enough blueprints to get one (which I do at the moment). I would imagine in a few weeks I'll have enough to upgrade my builder a bit.

What else would I spend diamonds on?

DeletedUser27062

I started playing under the old tournament format. Back then, it was harder for a fellowship to get 10 chests in the tournament. Being a 10 chest fellowship was a big status symbol for a high performing fellowship and was important in recruiting. Under the current format, more fellowships are getting 10 chests and therefore it seems to have lost a little bit of its importance in sorting out how well a FS performs. But I see more and more top fellowships mentioning that they achieve gold spire status. Do you think Gold spire status now is comparable to what getting 10 chests under the old system was as a measure of a top performing fellowship?
Fellowship performance is more about rewarding effort than esteem or status for me. If I work hard I want something tangible in return. Gold Spire & 10 chests gives me that.

Gladiola

I don't need diamonds for any of those things.

I have literally 10 weeks of timers in my inventory and I get more all the time from the Spire. I get diamonds from the Spire for individual rewards sufficient to more than keep up with any artifacts that happen into my magic academy, assuming I don't have blueprints at the time. (I haven't seen an artifact I wanted to craft in around 2 weeks now, and I get a blueprint every week from the fellowship chest.) I only have one building so far I will use restos on, and I get more than enough of those in the weekly tournament chest.

I get magic residences and workshops from the Spire.

I don't heal troops. I just make more.

By the way, they haven't said that bear evolves are going to be craftable. They haven't said they won't be, but they haven't said they will.

I'm not saying diamonds are bad. They definitely have their uses. I've even thought about buying them, partly because I just like playing the game. Perhaps there will be a point in the game where I'm like "need more diamonds!" I definitely felt that way at the beginning when saving to upgrade my MA.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts I'm not sure spending diamonds will help with the league mechanics. I think people will have to spend cash to get the extra currency.
You buy currency with diamonds.

Edit: I have 30K diamonds from the spire that I'm thinking about spending to buy my spot into the silver league rewards next event to get a second entire set.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

This will, of course, vary on how many servers someone plays on. One account with cities on all 8 servers, that all get Silver every week, is more diamonds than 3 cities all getting Gold. But I would not be able to do that, because I would want to play all my cities fully and use diamonds in all of them. That is part of why I cut down to just one US city. lol

And yeah, I think I spend $5 every time the 100% offer comes around, so $20-25 per year? Silver every week in one city, at 125 diamonds guaranteed, is 6500 diamonds in a year.
Geez, I've never ever had an offer - not for any kind of diamond package except a free builder when I first started.

DeletedUser27062

I don't need diamonds for any of those things.

I have literally 10 weeks of timers in my inventory and I get more all the time from the Spire. I get diamonds from the Spire for individual rewards sufficient to more than keep up with any artifacts that happen into my magic academy, assuming I don't have blueprints at the time. (I haven't seen an artifact I wanted to craft in around 2 weeks now, and I get a blueprint every week from the fellowship chest.) I only have one building so far I will use restos on, and I get more than enough of those in the weekly tournament chest.

I get magic residences and workshops from the Spire.

I don't heal troops. I just make more.

By the way, they haven't said that bear evolves are going to be craftable. They haven't said they won't be, but they haven't said they will.

I'm not saying diamonds are bad. They definitely have their uses. I've even thought about buying them, partly because I just like playing the game. Perhaps there will be a point in the game where I'm like "need more diamonds!" I definitely felt that way at the beginning when saving to upgrade my MA.
I'm not being rude but perhaps you're being a little short-sighted? As your city grows so do its needs. You may have plenty of this and that now but this game has a way of knocking your feet out from under you. All it takes is for a change in rewards or their frequency and you're out of petfood/battle boosters/timers etc. If you have diamonds you can ameliorate those issues. You could use diamonds to spin the MA for extra chances to get what you need for example.
I'm not suggesting you ought to be going for gold because only you can determine the value of doing so but rather that your limited experience might be narrowing your pov.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
You buy currency with diamonds.

Edit: I have 30K diamonds from the spire that I'm thinking about spending to buy my spot into the silver league rewards next event to get a second entire set.
always nice to hjave the diamonds,

My personal goal was to at one point reach all premium expansions (for free)
I was almost there the new chapter was released just a little to early, stuck on 2 expansions again :(
1622882879794.png

So I still never reached my personal goal (yet)

hopefully I can reach it this time before another chapter is released, but it are a lot of diamonds.

Kekune

Well, yeah... nobody needs diamonds. That's part of the beauty of this game to me: the whole game is playable without spending. I've never purchased diamonds. Like Soggy, I prefer the challenge of figuring out how to make do with existing in-game resources.

But there's a difference between not needing diamonds and not using diamonds. They're just another game resource, and they do make many elements of the game easier or better.

Personally, I've used diamonds to buy some wiggle room in efficiency, both of space and time. I started this game to make a pretty city. Then realized that efficiency is key to a lot of things. I liked those things and I like the puzzle of efficiency, so my goals shifted. Now, with help from diamonds, I've shifted to a city that still lets me hit hard on the spire and tournament, but allows room for me to place buildings just because they're pretty, and waste road connections, and not worry so much about the per-square use of anything.

Most of my diamonds have gone to premium expansions. I've bought a few magic buildings, but do mostly rely on the spire to provide those now. I've also occasionally used diamonds as ultra-short timer instants, when I really can't wait for another 45s and don't even have the time to sort through my instant inventory.

Gath Of Baal

The same is true about 10 chests. It is just that 10 chests are now more common now. That was also one of the hardest parts to me about building a fellowship. Your most motivated, competitive players are normally also the highest scoring ones. If you are a developing fellowship they are also the most important to your success in tournament and spire. But if you have not achieved 10 chest or silver spire status these kind of players are also the most likely to leave for a better performing FS. There were multiple occasions when growing a FS where one of my best players would leave for a bigger FS. Now that we average 10 chests and silver spire, player retention is no longer nearly as big an issue. So not only does success mean you attract successful players, it also means you are more likely to keep the ones you already have.

I agree, A few months ago I left my long time fellowship full of people I really liked and think of as friends because they were not competitive enough for me, all my magic residences and workshops had fallen 3-4 chapters behind and hitting 10 chests every 5 weeks was not enough. So I joined a 10 chest weekly group and After catching up all my buildings I went back to my old fellowship and hit the tournament hard for several weeks in a row hoping that the rest would be inspired and join in, and it worked for about 4-5 weeks of 10 chests. Last week i got an offer to join a max chest fellowship + Gold Spire weekly and jumped ship again, when I left this time a few others decided to leave also, which has probably just destroyed that fellowship. I feel guilty as hell but 10 chests are an easy thing to achieve weekly as long as your group has any type of competitiveness.

The only way i would ever consider leaving the new fellowship now is max chests + Gold Spire + top 10 or better FA

Gladiola

@Eudaemonia If you read my post to the end, I acknowledge that there might be a time in the game where I think I need more diamonds. With regard to growing needs in a growing city, so far my accumulation of stuff has by far outpaced the increase in utilization of things like spells, instants, timers, etc.

I think some of this has to do with playstyle. If I want something and I don't have enough of x to get it, then I just make a plan and wait until I do have enough of x. Of course there are time-limited events and prizes that make it appear like everything has to happen now (to induce us to spend diamonds), but nothing will ever be offered in an event that if missed will substantially impair progress in the game, and if something even comes close to that like the fire phoenix it will probably be offered again.

One of the things I love about Elvenar is that it's fundamentally non-competitive. There is very little (or no) reason to try to be better than anyone else. As long as one is progressing toward whatever one's own goal is, the actions or luck or strategy of others is unimportant. To wax philosophical, Elvenar is an interesting metaphor for the fluidity of space-time. It's all about space and time. Both time and space are constraints in the game and have to be balanced in relationship with each other. But if one assumes that time is (relatively) infinite, then space also becomes less important as a constraint. In the end, everything will balance.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, yeah... nobody needs diamonds. That's part of the beauty of this game to me: the whole game is playable without spending. I've never purchased diamonds.

But have you ever bought anything else offered in the game that was not diamonds, to show the devs you enjoy the game and that their hard work deserves at least a little compensation?

Iyapo1

But have you ever bought anything else offered in the game that was not diamonds, to show the devs you enjoy the game and that their hard work deserves at least a little compensation?
This is not really relevant. It is a f2p game. The vast majority dont spend and their time in the game makes the game more enjoyable for those who do spend. It is symbiotic until someone gets tetchy.