• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is gold spire the new 10 chest?

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
@MichaelMichael According to elvenstats, since I hit 5k score, I have scored at least 1620 points per tourney. I scored 810 points in my second week of play, when I had 1626 ranking points.

I revised my requirements down to a 5,000 point score. BTW, you would have been accepted. However, very few players are as dedicated to the tournament early on. Fewer still are in fellowships that don't get truly superior Spire scores and will be looking for a new fellowship. I noted that your fellowship was getting 10 chests (I believe for the first time) when you passed the 5,000 point total. Your fellowship is pretty uniquely high performing IMO.

Interestingly, I recognized your fellowship as a comer - A while back when my fellowship achieved level 5, I looked in front of mine and behind for other fellowship at level 5. Yours was the lowest score, but only 14 fellowships had achieved that level at that time. I salute you and your fellows.

Last edited:

Gladiola

Interestingly, I recognized your fellowship as a comer - A while back when my fellowship achieved level 5, I looked in front of mine and behind for other fellowship at level 5. Yours was the lowest score, but only 14 fellowships had achieved that level at that time. I salute you and your fellows.

We are an interesting combination of very casual play and some pretty dedicated players. We do well in the tournament, not so well in the Spire. (I try to encourage Spire participation!) We also do well in FAs. The neighborly help is awesome -- I get around 18-20 NH visits a day from my fellows, which means I get a lot of gold and supplies back and we also rack up the Fellowship experience points from that.

Bellerefon

Getting back to the original question the answer is no. Gold Spire is not the new 10-chest.

Mainly because the effort largely outweighs the benefits. Getting from silver to gold costs approximately as much as doing the whole 10-chests.
Setting aside pride and boasting elements, the rewards you get from silver to gold are not enough.

Also because the mechanics of Spire are significantly different than tourney. On tourney you can do the 10-chest with 4-5 overperformers and a general fair participation. or 7-8 overperformers and a poor general participation. On Spire you need 21-22 players on top as a minimum.

This is an f2p designed game and f2p is the vast majority of players. Is Inno trying to get more money? Most probably yes, they would be stupid if they didn't. Is it fair? Definitely yes, this is business not charity. Is playing Spire beneficial? Most definitely. Does Spire enforces team participation? Yes.
I mean, we can discuss indefinitely on the issue and it's morality etc etc still the answer remains the same. Spire, on current terms, will never be tourney. They will need to adjust it to get there.

mikeledo

In the real world, the answer is "Yes." I have seen people come and go from cities to be in a gold spire FS. The number of FS that get gold has been increasing in all the worlds that I play in. The 33 X5 hr time instants that I use for crafting and troops are worth the trip to the top. Plus there is the chance of getting another DA or genie. Between my three cities, I average a little over 1,100 diamonds a week.

Soleil Nightbloom

In the real world, the answer is "Yes." I have seen people come and go from cities to be in a gold spire FS. The number of FS that get gold has been increasing in all the worlds that I play in.
I agree. I believe the increase of gold in all of the worlds is due to the Spire Archive perk. This perk is definitely “leveling the playing field”. It’s allowing more teams to attain gold, where they might not have otherwise or at least taken awhile to get there.

mikeledo

I don't see perks as leveling. If anything it has an opposite effect. Large FS that get a lot of chests will be able to get more perk points, allowing them to get more chests, KP etc. than the smaller FS. The smaller FS feel like they got something because they get a gold spire from time to time. It is as if everyone got a 10% pay raise. Those at the top would get more and be able to generate more wealth with it. Leveling is an illusion.

Soleil Nightbloom

I don't see perks as leveling. If anything it has an opposite effect. Large FS that get a lot of chests will be able to get more perk points, allowing them to get more chests, KP etc. than the smaller FS. The smaller FS feel like they got something because they get a gold spire from time to time. It is as if everyone got a 10% pay raise. Those at the top would get more and be able to generate more wealth with it. Leveling is an illusion.
I meant that the Spire Archive perk seems to make gold more attainable for the silver teams, same goes for the bronze teams getting silver now. I have noticed an increase in the spire over the past several weeks since the perks were introduced. When I look at the Spire rankings each week there are significantly more teams with gold and a crazy amount with silver! Before the perks were implemented, there were about a handful with gold, a decent amount with silver and tons of bronze. I still feel that the Spire Archive perk is the reason for the recent increase.

Bellerefon

My bad.
Didn't realize that the 5% of gold spire FSs comprise the real world.

Maybe ppl are moving to gold spire FSs exactly due to the mechanics of Spire. You need 21-22 at top to get the gold. Not being an expert player, i wouldn't like to spend 33 x5hrs, boosters, 60-80 dead squads, millions of gold/supplies, hundred K of res just to get a chance for another DA or genie. You need to get the 150 diamonds to make it a bit more worthy.
What if you saved all these and stayed with 500 diamonds per week on 3 cities (silver) and didn't had to move on a gold FS?

On a real note, people will inevitably move towards the top of the Spire for several reasons: pride, sense of achievement, challenge, fun and of course boasting. This doesn't mean that going from silver to gold will ever have the same benefit as grabbing the 10th chest on tourney.

@Soleil Nightbloom is dead right. Spire perk is a positive adjustment for the Spire. Gives a chance to the rest of the non-real world (95%) to get a gold run by reaching only the 10th checkpoint when fully upgraded. This can give the chance to every FS to try a gold run every 1-3 months. Thus the increase.

So it is getting adjusted after all....

getmomo

Getting back to the original question the answer is no. Gold Spire is not the new 10-chest.

Mainly because the effort largely outweighs the benefits. Getting from silver to gold costs approximately as much as doing the whole 10-chests.
Setting aside pride and boasting elements, the rewards you get from silver to gold are not enough.

Also because the mechanics of Spire are significantly different than tourney. On tourney you can do the 10-chest with 4-5 overperformers and a general fair participation. or 7-8 overperformers and a poor general participation. On Spire you need 21-22 players on top as a minimum.

This is an f2p designed game and f2p is the vast majority of players. Is Inno trying to get more money? Most probably yes, they would be stupid if they didn't. Is it fair? Definitely yes, this is business not charity. Is playing Spire beneficial? Most definitely. Does Spire enforces team participation? Yes.
I mean, we can discuss indefinitely on the issue and it's morality etc etc still the answer remains the same. Spire, on current terms, will never be tourney. They will need to adjust it to get there.

I disagree, if your fellowship makes gold and so do you the benefits are totally worth it. All those diamonds are worth more than anything in my opinion.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My bad.
Didn't realize that the 5% of gold spire FSs comprise the real world.
I believe that you misunderstood the original question.

Many moons ago only 5% or fewer FS got 10 chests, and it was a goal that advanced FS strived for. With the changes since then 10 chests has become a bit of a no-brainer and the new challenge is Gold spire.
So yes, Gold spire is "the new 10 chest"
Not being an expert player, i wouldn't like to spend 33 x5hrs, boosters, 60-80 dead squads, millions of gold/supplies, hundred K of res
First of all, you gain 33x5h from doing the whole spire, not "spend".

As for the rewards:
For completing the third floor I got
3000 SF
5x5h
15% coin
20% coin
15%tool
teleport
9cc
6*1h
20 diamonds
5 sips (worth 250 diamonds :oops: )
1 artifact
Plus FS rewards
10xCC
15x5h
10% portal profit
teleport
150 diamonds
-----------------------------------------
All for the low-low price of 57 squads which will take me about 48 hours to replace.
Worth it? Hells Yeah.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Based on comments of people joining our fellowship, I find gold spire is the new 10 chest for a fellowhship. 10 chest fellowships were made irrelevant and trying to recruit people to one is extremely difficult as it isn't a point of difference. Silver and gold spire offers a point of difference for team rewards. People applying to our fellowship frequently comment on wanting to join because of the spire, in times past it was 10-chests.

Who knows, maybe perks will provide more difference in time.

Hawk1911

Yes, the Spire is the next differentiator. Getting 10chests is so easy, it is considered a byproduct of an active fellowship.

@SoggyShorts Thank you for the rewards report!! I too, trade near worthless supplies and a little time for those rewards.

This game is founded on a moderately complex economic model (for some it is a basic economic model). Trade (spend) goods/supplies/coins to gain items of more value (troops, buildings). Then trade those to get different items of more value (KP, spell frags, etc..), rinse and repeat until you get diamonds (top value).

My comment to all those who have "too much" of ________(fill in the blank). Why? Why are you saving so much? Use it to advance your city! If nothing else, challenge yourself and go for new high score in tournament. Do something! Lol!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When the top 100 fellowships in the Spire are all Gold, per server then I will believe this. But this week on Arendyll, the oldest and most populated of the US servers, 16 fellowships got Gold. That is only 3 or 4 more than the typical number from before Perks were added. And with 16 on Arendyll, the other seven servers will likely be less than that each, so maybe 120 across all the US servers, out of thousands of fellowships, yet people talk like Gold Spire fellowships are common and just anyone can go and join one. lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
yet people talk like Gold Spire fellowships are common and just anyone can go and join one. lol

I think that is preceisely the point of the comparison in the OP. 10 chest fellowships used to be "uncommon", so people would join them for the additional benefits. Now 10 chest fellowships are common but gold spire fellowships are not, so that has become something people are seeking as it is different to a 10 chest fellowship. Considering how easy 10 chests are, silver spire sets a fellowship apart as achieving more thn just any fellowship getting 10 chests.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
maybe 120 across all the US servers, out of thousands of fellowships, yet people talk like Gold Spire fellowships are common and just anyone can go and join one. lol
Context matters here.
If you are looking to join a Gold FS and meet certain requirements(like doing your share) it is reasonably easy to do so.*
If you want to make one from scratch it is a long and difficult road.

*Note this is based on the 3 servers I know where there is a constant opening for any player who meets pretty low requirements:
  • 1600 tournament
  • Spire top
  • 1:1 trades
  • reasonable personality
other servers may have zero openings, but I doubt it.

Last edited: