• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is it helpful to place Culture help over a bldg already receiving help?

DeletedUser19225

Hello! I love the game, but am still new to using the Forum. When I visit cities, I always try to help what they have requested in their City Name. People usually want Culture or Builder help, but often all the Culture bldgs already have help, or I can't find their Builder, so I most often aid their Main Hall. A few times, I've added Culture help to a building that was already in the process of being helped, and it seemed to work fine, but how does that work for them? Does it extend the time of Culture assistance? Or, does it start the assistance time over with my new help? Just want to better understand & help my neighbors to the max. Thanks so much for any advice you can provide! :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You can't help a building that's already being helped. If it has been helped, there won't be any hands for you to click it. I suspect what you're seeing is the sparkling effect, which is not becuase it has been helped, but because the player has cast "Ensorcelled Endowment" on it.

Those are ideal to help. Because when a culture building is helped and has EE cast on it, it adds five percent to their help boost.

DeletedUser19225

You can't help a building that's already being helped. If it has been helped, there won't be any hands for you to click it. I suspect what you're seeing is the sparkling effect, which is not becuase it has been helped, but because the player has cast "Ensorcelled Endowment" on it.

Those are ideal to help. Because when a culture building is helped and has EE cast on it, it adds five percent to their help boost.
Ah! That makes sense. Thanks! I was confused, because after I clicked a Culture bldg to help it even though the sparkle effect was on it, It seemed to "take" my help and would sometimes say "there's treasure in the city" (or whatever the msg says) & it would allow me to click on the treasure chest, then I'd head home again. So, is there no way for me to help someone if all their Culture bldgs, Builders Hut & Main Hall have already been helped? I've seen that happen many times, where there seems to be nothing available for me to click to do neighborly help.

Vergazi

Ah! That makes sense. Thanks! I was confused, because after I clicked a Culture bldg to help it even though the sparkle effect was on it, It seemed to "take" my help and would sometimes say "there's treasure in the city" (or whatever the msg says) & it would allow me to click on the treasure chest, then I'd head home again. So, is there no way for me to help someone if all their Culture bldgs, Builders Hut & Main Hall have already been helped? I've seen that happen many times, where there seems to be nothing available for me to click to do neighborly help.
Hey @Ashrem...isn't it the case that you can do unlimited help on Main Halls?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Builders Hut & Main Hall have already been helped?
The Builders Hut can be helped as many times as it has builders. So, lvl 4, 4 builders, it can be helped 4 times. Then, they have to use a builder before you will see the hands available to help again. Main Hall can take multiple 'helps'. If you are visiting on browser and the Main Hall is under construction, it cannot be helped. But on mobile, it can be helped even when under construction.

Vergazi

The Builders Hut can be helped as many times as it has builders. So, lvl 4, 4 builders, it can be helped 4 times. Then, they have to use a builder before you will see the hands available to help again. Main Hall can take multiple 'helps'. If you are visiting on browser and the Main Hall is under construction, it cannot be helped. But on mobile, it can be helped even when under construction.
Ahhh, thank you @samidodamage for laying the knowledge on me :D

DeletedUser19225

Thanks a million for your super helpful advice, samidodamage! :)

DeletedUser19225

True that the MH can be hit unlimited times, but there is a hidden mechanic where only 20 visits worth of coins can be stored.
So if 20 or 300 players hit your MH before you collect you get the same coins. The visitors each get their coins though.
Good to know! Thanks, SoggyShorts! :)