• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is Relic placement random?

Blindsider66

In the Magic Academy, there are three relics used to create Combining Catalysts, marble, silk and gem. The absence of any one of these relics will bring my Academy, and therefore my city to a screeching halt. Today just happens to be one of those glorious days. I now find myself searching for a silk province on the map in which to plunder, and seeing none.
This brings me to my question. Is there a pattern to the placement of the relics, or are they random. I have found myself in this same situation a number of times lately, and it is not much fun. If I choose to scout a province, I'm locked in for about 29 hrs., but worse is if the silk relic is not on either side, it's then up to 58.
What I'm thinking is. The nine relics would form a circle around the center province, each having an assigned place. This would then be the same on all other provinces. If this is true, I no longer have a problem.

Any input on this would be greatfully appreciated.

Peace.
Blindsider66

LordVorKon

Province types are in columns. One column will be (from the top) Marble, Planks, Steel, repeat. The next column to the right will be Silk, Scrolls, Crystal, repeat. The third column will run Gems, Dust, Elixir, repeat. Then back to the first column type again. In all cases, the pattern leapfrogs over cities.

Blindsider66

Alrighty then, Let's try this again.
When you are on the map page you can choose from any number of provinces in which to scout. I currently need Silk Relics, so I look for any available Silk Provinces in which to scout. As is often the case, I have no Silk provinces showing and I find myself guessing as to where one may lay hidden in relation to the non-silk provinces that are visible. Here is a screenshot. The question I am asking is this. Is there a pattern to how the Relic Provinces are placed or are they random? If say, Silk is between Crystal and Marble on one part of the map, should it not be between these two again, elsewhere.
I sometimes have a difficult time explaining myself or putting thoughts into words, for this I apologize. Hopefully the screenshot will do visually what I am not able to verbally.
To Ed1960. Yes, the answering of my question will make my game easier, and I thank you for your concern. Sometimes a visual aid is all it takes when words are not enough. So I ask you, Ed. How many fingers am I holding up?

Peace
Blindsider66
20200831105911.jpg

StarLoad

The entire layout of cities and goods on the map are hexagonal in shape and the pattern is very specific from ANY goods you can find the next ones in a diagonal from top left to bottom right every 3rd position. From the other direction top right to bottom left the goods are spaced 5 positions apart and offset by 1 position. In your picture Steel is at the top right and if you move diagonally down to the right you will find steel 3 positions down and right and 3 more down and right just peeking out and the bottom right corner is another steel. the unique pictogram for each can help you to identify the undiscovered ones.

To help your visual understanding I circled all the steel provinces in the screenshot to display the pattern
steel.png

Iyapo1

@Blindsider66 the second post on this thread by @LordVorKon was an answer.

Province types are in columns. One column will be (from the top) Marble, Planks, Steel, repeat. The next column to the right will be Silk, Scrolls, Crystal, repeat. The third column will run Gems, Dust, Elixir, repeat. Then back to the first column type again. In all cases, the pattern leapfrogs over cities.

In the image you posted there is a silk a gem and a steel showing. The pattern in each column repeats. And the tiers repeat in the same order. So based off the image you posted crystal is above silk, elixer above gems and planks above steel. The column with schnitzel would be a T2 column followed by a t3 and llew is in a t1.

EDIT: 1?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
As a long time player who never has taken the time to figure out the pattern, I appreciate the visual aide. Now I get it. It may or may not impact how I play, but you never know. Thanks!

Now If could show me the diamond mine layout? I'm sure they have them there somewhere....

AJ

LutherTheHairy

@Blindsider66 It only costs one CC to make 5 relics, so if you craft a set of gem, marble and silk relics each time they come up, you will have enough relics to make 5 more CCs for a net of two. This will perhaps mean you don't always get to craft exactly what you want because you are deferring (which will also slow down your CC consumption!) but this is a sustainable magic farming practice. You just need to think green...er...teal!
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 12.27.50 PM.png

StarLoad

As a long time player who never has taken the time to figure out the pattern, I appreciate the visual aide. Now I get it. It may or may not impact how I play, but you never know. Thanks!

Now If could show me the diamond mine layout? I'm sure they have them there somewhere....

AJ
Mines.gif

51 and they continue to West and South for a very long time

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Blindsider66 , to add one more thing that may have slipped past, though Ed's answer included it, the artwork is specific to what type of province it is. If you can look at some of your cleared provinces and see what they look like, you can find all of the rest of them.

View attachment 8330 View attachment 8331 View attachment 8332 View attachment 8333 View attachment 8334 View attachment 8335 View attachment 8336 View attachment 8337 View attachment 8338
I never noticed that. Thank you!