• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is this a bug or a planned difficulty

• Thread starter DeletedUser23732
  • Start date

DeletedUser23732

There's a thread on the issue:

Excerp:
how many optional squad size upgrades have you filled? They're terrible for players that like to fight, because it makes tourneys so much harder.

The 1st occurrence is Squad size upgrade 9, and I know about SSU 14, neither upgrade player squads, just make the enemy larger according to difficulty color.(no change).

DeletedUser23732

Game version: v1.88.8-(5ae491c) (2019-09-26 11:50)
Game world: us2
Browser + version: firefox latest
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: Win 10
Screen resolution: 1600x900
Account name: LEH.elven
Humans or Elves: elven

Reproducibility: 5/5
Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Running data collection
Can only report on SSU 9 (my server) and SSU 14 Beta at this time.
Players recommending finish no optional SSUs

Expected situation:
All SSUs change difficulty color
__

Reproduction Steps
complete SSU 9, 14 and who knows others

--- programming error or planned difficulty - sounds like the former ---

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Difficulty Colour is not a fine line, it's a wide band. It's perfectly within reason for small squad size changes (i.e. those in the first half-dozen chapters) to have no visible affect on difficulty colours.

Alistaire

The thread you're quoting is completely about tourney difficulty, different from these color ratings. In those you can see every squad size tech the individual numbers you fight with and against change.

There's only like 5 colors the normal fights can be rated as, there's definitely more squad size techs than that, and when those hit the max red indicator and you go further, those fights are even harder based on their distance yet remain red.