• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is this new or have I just been in the dark?

Gath Of Baal

So I had the event task to upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher or scout a province. I had nothing to upgrade and was getting ready to use some timers on my scout to finish the task when the tournament ended and gave me my prizes.. Before speeding up my scout I decided to use my Royal Restorations I just got on 2 pieces on one of my Moonstone Library sets first and Bam the task was completed, when I looked at the task before collecting the reward I saw that the upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher was complete.

Has this always been this way? If so then I was clueless and am probably gonna get angry that I could have been doing this the whole time :p

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Interesting, I've never seen this, but if it worked and will work, count me in! I'm always getting stuck on those "upgrade 2 buildings or scout a province," mostly because I my scouting takes too long and I keep all my buildings up to as high as they can go for the most part.

I'll have to watch and see.

Thanks,

AJ

Dew Spinner

So I had the event task to upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher or scout a province. I had nothing to upgrade and was getting ready to use some timers on my scout to finish the task when the tournament ended and gave me my prizes.. Before speeding up my scout I decided to useof myoff Restorations I just got on 2 pieces on one of my Moonstone Library sets first and Bam the task was completed, when I looked at the task before collecting the reward I saw that the upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher was complete.

Has this always been this way? If so then I was clueless and am probably gonna get angry that I could have been doing this the whole time :p
It has worked since I started playing last august, not sure about before.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So I had the event task to upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher or scout a province. I had nothing to upgrade and was getting ready to use some timers on my scout to finish the task when the tournament ended and gave me my prizes.. Before speeding up my scout I decided to useof myoff Restorations I just got on 2 pieces on one of my Moonstone Library sets first and Bam the task was completed, when I looked at the task before collecting the reward I saw that the upgrade 2 buildings to level 5 or higher was complete.

I remember when this was introduced. Hmm I was plodding through Halflings on my lead city, and squeezing around S&D in my big city. The 'upgrade a building' was teetering between upgrade to 10 vs upgrade to 15, so right before Amuni chapter was released, I suspect. At first we could craft a unicorn at one level higher, sell the old one and put out a new one, and that worked too! But I suspect this was unintentional, and eventually someone mentioned the workaround on the Forum :rolleyes:

BrinDarby

Nice dongle, personally as en Elf , (2) Marble -> lvl5 only takes
2x2, very little time, and not that many pop/culture....

I usually have (2) marble sitt'n @ lvl-4 when I hit that task. As soon
as I complete it, I rebuild both back to lvl-4 for the next time.

as a Human there's a size increase from 4 -> 5 ( 3x2 ) so that can
be slightly more complicated, but not much.... keeping (2) of them
@ lvl-4 , only takes 2x2 for both humans/elves.

Talaedraiia

Nice dongle, personally as en Elf , (2) Marble -> lvl5 only takes
2x2, very little time, and not that many pop/culture....

I usually have (2) marble sitt'n @ lvl-4 when I hit that task. As soon
as I complete it, I rebuild both back to lvl-4 for the next time.

as a Human there's a size increase from 4 -> 5 ( 3x2 ) so that can
be slightly more complicated, but not much.... keeping (2) of them
@ lvl-4 , only takes 2x2 for both humans/elves.
You can use planks for only 2x1 which I do

DeletedUser27062

Yes, this has always worked. The one thing that does not work for those quests is upgrading a Magic Residence or Workshop, because those do not have numbered levels.
It does work for Magic Res & Workshops. The chapter of the building determines its level so as long as the magic building is from chapter 4 or higher an upgrade counts. I did this just today and it counted.

Magvenar

The little 1x1 culture buildings upgrade for 1 RR, as long as it was placed after chapter 5, it counts as upgrade too. Takes 10 seconds to complete.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It has never worked for me before, so maybe they changed it.
Event building upgrades have always worked for me since the RR feature was introduced. If there was an issue with magic workshop/residence, it was probably specific to those two, and not to event buildings also which use the same indexing.
The little 1x1 culture buildings upgrade for 1 RR, as long as it was placed after chapter 5, it counts as upgrade too. Takes 10 seconds to complete.
For me it is shrines of Karak/Kirit. These 1x1 actually help my seed and mana production as well as being low cost upgrades for quests.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Event building upgrades have always worked for me since the RR feature was introduced.

Since several other people also misread my posts, yours is the most recent, so that is the only reason I am quoting you.

I said back at the beginning of the thread that this has been available since the RRs were added. What I said did not work for me was upgrading Magic buildings and having them count for the event quests.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The one thing that does not work for those quests is upgrading a Magic Residence or Workshop, because those do not have numbered levels.

This is what you said. I stated my experience with upgrading event buildings (which also have chapter indexing instead of numbered levels). Your observation may well be correct for Magic Residences and Magic Workshops, but the reason would not be the way that it is indexed.