• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Issue with marking new wonder favorite while upgrading a wonder

kctanzen

I had my Needles of Tempest listed as favorite wonder in the new interface.
All the KPs were added and it had reached the upgrade status.
I clicked the upgrade tab, used a timer instant to speed it along a bit as well.
It still has a little less than 4 hours to go on the upgrade as of 11 AM Central time US -- which should be the last upgrade level for that wonder.

When I open a different wonder and try to mark a new favorite, I get the "Stream Error, Unable to Connect" window and am dropped out of the game back to the main menu / world select screen.

I can re-enter the game and do pretty much anything else I have tried so far. This was happening last night as well, but I was too tired to log the ticket.

This is on US 3, Felyndral.
kctanzen is the city name

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Won't help you at this time but I have a thought for avoiding the glitch in the future. ( until they get it fixed )
Choose a new favorite before starting the upgrade.
I don't have anything close to upgrade right now to test this on.
But thanks for the heads up.

kctanzen

What do I do in this section?

Want to make a difference to the game quality? This section concentrates on reporting bugs by the community. The confirmed reported issues will be delegated to the development team for processing. We greatly appreciate your contributions and are looking forward to working, posting and testing our game issues!

What should I do if the bug affects my game play in a way where I can't continue playing?
As a temporary solution we would advise that you try another browser until the issue is resolved.

When you post a bug please include as much detail as possible

Game version:
__ v1.101.6-(0946469) (2020-04-02 14:42)
Game world: __ US 3 -- Felyndral
Browser + version: __ Google Chrome, not sure of version
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __ Windows 7, for now
Screen resolution: __ n/a
Account name: __ kctanzen
Humans or Elves: __ Elvish

Reproducibility: __/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)
Quest title: __ (if applicable) n/a

Current situation:
__ Needles of Tempest is in upgrade status, 3 hour left to go
__ Had been marked as favorite in the new feature, tried to change favorites and get Stream Error. Unable to connect window, drops out to the world select menu

Expected situation:
__ New wonder opens up to select for favorite
__

Reproduction Steps
__ using new feature, open a wonder
2. __ click the heart icon to select new favorite
3. __ continue with game session
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

kctanzen

Something I forgot to add ...
This upgrade put Needles at level 30, so there is no longer an upgrade tab to open and 'uncheck' the favorites icon.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Opening another AW and clicking the heart to change from the previous favorited works fine for me without having to unfavorite the initial one first, so it may be specifically when a maxed out AW is involved.

qaccy

Opening another AW and clicking the heart to change from the previous favorited works fine for me without having to unfavorite the initial one first, so it may be specifically when a maxed out AW is involved.

This seems to be the case. No research/upgrade tab for level 30 AWs, and this seems to break the functionality that allows players to select a new favorite AW without de-selecting the previous one first. I guess it's an oversight; Inno didn't think about level 30 AWs when implementing this feature. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, because it sucks to get locked out of this handy feature barely a week after it gets added. :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@qaccy Have you tried to change the favorite from the AW menu instead of in an individual AW? You know, the one in the toolbar down at the bottom of the screen. When you click that one, you get the list of all your AWs and they each have the heart on them you can click to set as favorite without having to go into the Wonder itself to do this.

kctanzen

I tried that just a few minutes ago and get the same error, both ways.
Directly from the wonder and from the wonder menu (icon in toolbar at bottom of the screen, on PC browser).
"Internal error occurred. Please try again later" and then my city reloads.

qaccy

@Enevhar Aldarion As the player above me says, that doesn't work either. Not only can players not de-select a level 30 AW as a favorite, the game itself seems to be unable to do so as well when selecting a new one to force a switch.

DeletedUser21153

I'm having the same problem. I'm on PC only so I don't know if mobile is affected.

@Enevhar Aldarion; thanks for directing me to this thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wonder if the reason this is glitching like this is because the update that adds chapter 16 also increases the max AW level to 35. The code for the increase may already be in the data and just not turned on yet, but is still somehow interfering with the available max level of 30. This may be something that just cannot be fixed til we get the update that turns on the ability to go to level 35. So everyone with this problem may just have to wait another week or two til being able to set a new favorite.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Xelenia, could you get back to us on this? It appears a hotfix was applied that automatically deselects favorite when the KP bar is full and bars favoriting a wonder that cannot accept KP.

Last edited:

DeletedUser21153

It appears that the latest update [v1.102.3-(c8ba8e6) (2020-04-16 11:49)], effective this morning, may have fixed the problem. I was able to select another AW as Favorite

Last edited by a moderator: