• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Issues with the improvements

JillErin

Since the 'improvements' Elvenar has put into place many in our Fellowship has been having some major issues. I will list them as I recall them, not necessarily in the order of importance. 1) The game will freeze up and kick me out. 2) Fellowship chat will not load regularly. 3) The magic academy is not offering pet food; sometimes for a week or more. 4) The magic academy will not offer military enhancements again for sometimes a week or more. 5) The Spire boss chests and/or mystery chests are giving things that few if any player wants or needs. 6) The MA (magic academy) is only changing what it offers by single items. For example the witches hut has been offered constantly for 2 days. I don't want it! 7) The MA 100 point chest prizes have become again ridiculously useless.
There are more issues but that is for later.
Thank you for your time JillErin of Black Sails.

Myne

Oh Wise One
The freezing and lagging and chat problems I have noticed as well. I think its because everyone is on trying to set up for FA. As far as the magic academy and prize chests not giving what you want or what you consider "good" prizes, that's an ongoing thing. It offers what it offers rotationally, not necessarily what we want. Save your CCs for FA, and then disenchant what you don't want for fragments.
Patience grasshopper.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
you can horde VV, and then spend after they chg prizes again.
Huh?
As a VV hoarder, I can verify that the Mystery Object rewards window does not change until it's collected. Only the crafting recipes change every 6 hours, nothing else. You get the same rewards as you would if you collect them as the VV fills them. The only reason I hoard VV's is I like getting a bunch of 'extra rewards' after an FA from crafting almost every recipe in every window and flipping the windows to get even more residue; doesn't change what rewards I get.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Since the 'improvements' Elvenar has put into place many in our Fellowship has been having some major issues. I will list them as I recall them, not necessarily in the order of importance. 1) The game will freeze up and kick me out. 2) Fellowship chat will not load regularly.

These belong in the bug reporting forum.

3) The magic academy is not offering pet food; sometimes for a week or more. 4) The magic academy will not offer military enhancements again for sometimes a week or more. 6) The MA (magic academy) is only changing what it offers by single items. For example the witches hut has been offered constantly for 2 days. I don't want it!

This is normal because the crafting is random and you just have stretches of good or bad luck.

5) The Spire boss chests and/or mystery chests are giving things that few if any player wants or needs. 7) The MA 100 point chest prizes have become again ridiculously useless.

That is your personal opinion. I get a lot of useful stuff from both and my cities are in chapters 16 and 19.

Iyapo1

6) The MA (magic academy) is only changing what it offers by single items. For example the witches hut has been offered constantly for 2 days. I don't want it!
The MA is full of evolving buildings, pets, and set pieces. Even if you dont want them, craft them and let them rot in inventory. They are limited to one base per player from the MA. So once you have 1 in your inventory or in your city, you will never see it in your recipe cycle again. Which will increase chances of getting pet food or whatever.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One strategy is to figure out the longest period of time you won't see what you need. In my case, for instance, it appears that once in a while I get a "dry spell" for pet food. I use about 3-4 per week so I have stockpiled enough for 4 weeks. That seems to be the longest I go without pet food showing up. Meanwhile, I craft every pet food I can as it comes up and try to keep my pet food at 20. Different numbers for the military buildings, but the same idea. Of course it all meant that for a few weeks I had to cut back to make the stockpile, but it really does reduce the level of frustration to have extras on hand.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
(1) Haven't experienced this to comment
(2) Confirmed bug. Supposedly fixed but I still have issues connecting to chat on mobile.
(3 & 4) I think this is just RNG. I use 4 pet foods a week. For awhile, I was down to low 20s. Now I'm now up to almost 50. Have seen military buildings swing by too but it REALLY wants me to craft that Moon Bear, which I will when I get Arcane badges for my effort. I also craft the unique buildings to rot in my inventory like @Iyapo1 mentioned so there are less of those buildings occupying my building slots. Still can't prevent the flames and useless winter shrines from coming through though.
(5) Time instants + Supply windfalls = more free troops if you have a Brown Bear. Coin rains can be used to pay for the Spire. I don't have a problem with individual Spire rewards because I'm climbing for :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:
(6) It cycles every 6hrs
(7) That we can agree on, but I feel mixed on this topic since we're finally done with Winter Lampions.

you can horde VV, and then spend after they chg prizes again.
I read that at max, you can only store 10000 VVs, or 100 mystery object chests. I don't think that's enough to tie you over for however many years they'll now give us mermaid shells for.

DeletedUser26243

The MA is full of evolving buildings, pets, and set pieces. Even if you dont want them, craft them and let them rot in inventory. They are limited to one base per player from the MA. So once you have 1 in your inventory or in your city, you will never see it in your recipe cycle again. Which will increase chances of getting pet food or whatever.
Yes I think u are so rite I craft every new item( buildings )that comes up in rotation n I have a supply of pet food which I use for 3 things in my city. As for the troop boosts the mage shows up most, but all the others also show up.I never used to do my crafting this way only after a post I saw here did I start. Best way for me they will just set there the things I crafted don’t want to Frag em n they come back in rotation

JillErin

The freezing and lagging and chat problems I have noticed as well. I think its because everyone is on trying to set up for FA. As far as the magic academy and prize chests not giving what you want or what you consider "good" prizes, that's an ongoing thing. It offers what it offers rotationally, not necessarily what we want. Save your CCs for FA, and then disenchant what you don't want for fragments.
Patience grasshopper.
The freezing up has been happening since I started playing years ago. The chat line not working is new. It started when they improved things. I do thank you for your response though. :)

JillErin

One strategy is to figure out the longest period of time you won't see what you need. In my case, for instance, it appears that once in a while I get a "dry spell" for pet food. I use about 3-4 per week so I have stockpiled enough for 4 weeks. That seems to be the longest I go without pet food showing up. Meanwhile, I craft every pet food I can as it comes up and try to keep my pet food at 20. Different numbers for the military buildings, but the same idea. Of course it all meant that for a few weeks I had to cut back to make the stockpile, but it really does reduce the level of frustration to have extras on hand.

AJ
I used my stock pile when they stopped offering it. This week they offered it several times and I got everyone of them now I haven't seen any yesterday or today and I'm on it a lot with the FA going on. Before this week the MA hadn't offered it for over a month! That's when I had no choice but to use what I had. I do thank you for your kind response. :)

JillErin

(1) Haven't experienced this to comment
(2) Confirmed bug. Supposedly fixed but I still have issues connecting to chat on mobile.
(3 & 4) I think this is just RNG. I use 4 pet foods a week. For awhile, I was down to low 20s. Now I'm now up to almost 50. Have seen military buildings swing by too but it REALLY wants me to craft that Moon Bear, which I will when I get Arcane badges for my effort. I also craft the unique buildings to rot in my inventory like @Iyapo1 mentioned so there are less of those buildings occupying my building slots. Still can't prevent the flames and useless winter shrines from coming through though.
(5) Time instants + Supply windfalls = more free troops if you have a Brown Bear. Coin rains can be used to pay for the Spire. I don't have a problem with individual Spire rewards because I'm climbing for :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:
(6) It cycles every 6hrs
(7) That we can agree on, but I feel mixed on this topic since we're finally done with Winter Lampions.

I read that at max, you can only store 10000 VVs, or 100 mystery object chests. I don't think that's enough to tie you over for however many years they'll now give us mermaid shells for.
I do have the brown bear that's why I need the food lol. I always finish the spire and am always in the top 2 of the tournaments. I thank you for your reply. :)

Zoof

[...]
Gasp! There's actually a limit? This changes everything!

Deleted User - 1178646

You know who would know the answer to this? @CrazyWizard most likely
Gasp! There's actually a limit? This changes everything!
Source: EN forums
I am assuming this person has tried it, but I have not. I do not have the will power to not open 100 Mystery Object chests. There may be diamonds in there!

(watch out for the tumbleweeds rolling through)
There is always a limit but it surely is much higher than 10.000
I already have been past that number. tho my current ain't that high.

I am sure it's at least 99.999 if not 999.999.
When a database entry is made you need to define how many (for an int)digits it has. so the number is always a many 9's number.

In the begining of the game there was a beta mod who posted pictures from there test server and I thought the KP limit for example being 999.999 KP

Zoof

There is always a limit but it surely is much higher than 10.000
I already have been past that number. tho my current ain't that high.

I am sure it's at least 99.999 if not 999.999.
When a database entry is made you need to define how many (for an int)digits it has. so the number is always a many 9's number.

In the begining of the game there was a beta mod who posted pictures from there test server and I thought the KP limit for example being 999.999 KP
Well, yeah. We know there's data size limits. There's always a limit to what you can physically pack into a spot, but I meant more like limits as indicated by the program, not the storage medium. Such as limiting the number of degrees of an angle to 360. The variable could potentially hold something far larger (or far less). And I know these game devs aren't using bigints to store game variables (heck, whatever language they're using might possibly lack support for such operations).

Also. It's been ages since I've seen a database that would let you define a number as a number of digits. I remember seeing it as a feature of COBOL. Something that's older than me and my brother combined. Does any modern database let you do that anymore?

EDIT2: This whole post went through a complete rewrite. I hated what I wrote.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, yeah. We know there's data size limits, and those limits are generally a power of two (~2.1 billion or ~9.2 quintillion, take your pick). It makes very little sense to store such values as an arbitrary-precision integer and even less sense as a float as some "special" people like to do

I meant limits such as programmatically-imposed limits. As opposed to hardware limits, which are generally int32 or int64 at this point of human history. Dammit. I was promised 128-bit computing over a decade ago!

EDIT: Database storage as a number of digits? What sort of monster would store ints as strings or ... *gasp*... BINARY CODED DECIMALS?

You must have missed out on the video games that had a level limit of 99, a health limit of 999, and a damage limit of 9999. ;)

Zoof

You must have missed out on the video games that had a level limit of 99, a health limit of 999, and a damage limit of 9999. ;)
Database storage and video gaming... yeah. Two very different beasts. Plus, much of that was BCD-related shenanigans, limits of 8 and 16 bit systems, and/or design choices for screen real-estate purposes or system performance. I am painfully familiar with those limits, and spent far too much time laboring under those limits. I should've retired this knowledge. Nobody needs to know this anymore.

Can you tell yet? I have a passion for something that I both love and hate.

Deleted User - 1178646

Well, yeah. We know there's data size limits. There's always a limit to what you can physically pack into a spot, but I meant more like limits as indicated by the program, not the storage medium. Such as limiting the number of degrees of an angle to 360. The variable could potentially hold something far larger (or far less). And I know these game devs aren't using bigints to store game variables (heck, whatever language they're using might possibly lack support for such operations).

Also. It's been ages since I've seen a database that would let you define a number as a number of digits. I remember seeing it as a feature of COBOL. Something that's older than me and my brother combined. Does any modern database let you do that anymore?

EDIT2: This whole post went through a complete rewrite. I hated what I wrote.
It's been a long while since I scripted with internal databases and with sql external databases so it's a bit vague.
Elvenar is older than it's age, some of the bitmapping techniques have been obsolete for ages now.

Anyway database or game scripted we know that elvenar deploys a 9x approach to max numbers.
So as soon as you see someone claims a non 9x number you should take it with a good grain of salt.

Unless there is actual proof that they changed this.