• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Its a question of Culture...

Shyama1

Hi all

I am working on a new city layout...

I'm looking for the formula to calculate the amount of Available Culture required to get 170% Culture Bonus without any neighborly help.

I'm sure its pretty simple, but I couldn't find it ...

Thanks in advance ;-)

And I'm wishing a happy end of the year to everyone !

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure it's possible to calculate, as some part of it is hidden from us. Here's an example: my required culture is 7939. My actual culture is 13650, which is 171% of required, but I don't have a 70% bonus, for some reason I only have a 50% bonus. The required listed under my culture display is 7939, but the required for current level under my bonus display is 6600. Well, 6600 is 83% of 7939, not 50%

The needed for next level (2nd pic) says that if I get another 1049 I will be at the next level, which is 160%, but if I had 1049 more, that would give me 14699, which is 185% of my required.

Either there is something hidden from us, or their math is totally screwed up.

1577640665125.png

1577640613381.png

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm not sure it's possible to calculate, as some part of it is hidden from us. Here's an example: my required culture is 7939. My actual culture is 13650, which is 171% of required, but I don't have a 70% bonus, for some reason I only have a 50% bonus. The required listed under my culture display is 7939, but the required for current level under my bonus display is 6600. Well, 6600 is 83% of 7939, not 50%
I don't think this is how it works. Culture bonus (i.e. 125%, 150% etc) is what applies to coins/supplies production. This is only indirectly connected with the levels of culture excess needed to reach a particular bonus.

So, in your case you can see that in order to maintain 150% culture bonus, you need 6600 of excess culture. You do - 5711 is regular excess plus 3140 of NH. The next level up at 160% will need 9900 of culture excess (5711+3140+1049). If you observe culture excess levels for different culture bonus values, you will see that generally these would be spaced out by equal values, with the exception of rounding. So again, in your case:

125% level will need 3300 culture excess or so
150% level will need 6600 culture excess or so
160% level will need 9900 culture excess or so
170% level will need 13200 culture excess or so

I didn't do extensive observation of this, but it seems that this 125% level that everything is based on can be calculated using a factor of required culture, and it's about 0.4. I've seen these factors in the range of 0.37-0.43, with lower factor applied to higher level/higher culture cities, but again, I don't have enough observations to draw any definitive conclusions.

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm looking for the formula to calculate the amount of Available Culture required to get 170% Culture Bonus without any neighborly help.
If I'd be giving general advice, I'd say take your required culture and multiply by ~1.6. For regular cities that should be close enough. You city is pretty far out there though, so this multiplier might not be close enough. But if you tell me what your current bonus level is, and what is required for this and next levels, then it should be easy to calculate your level for 170% boost.

Shyama1

Thanks all for your replies :)

I think MinMax you have the correct explanation, it is already a good thing to know that each step (125,150,160,170) requires the same amount of Available Culture. It would be great to figure out that 0.4 or 1.6 exactly.

Right now I don't have the required Available Culture to get the 170% Culture Bonus on my own, but I get it from neighborly help (434%-264% = 170%)

The Required Available Culture for 170% is 760,000, which is 1.72 x Required Culture (440,000)

On my new layout I plan to drop some Culture buildings and add some lvl 27~31 factories, and I would like to make sure these changes do not take me too low on Culture Bonus, and I still get the 170% Culture Bonus + Neighborly Help with the new layout.

Well, at least, I can get a rough rather close idea of my new Required for Current Level after the changes, by calculating new Required x 1.75 (with a little safety margin) and that should be enough to help me figure out if my changes are acceptable.

Thanks MinMax for your kind help ;)

Last edited: