• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I've Got The Residue Blues

Iyapo1

Okay let's nerf it so that a FS of 7 or 8 chapter 1 and 2 players can complete the whole FA.

Then you can all do it solo with a blindfold on and both hands tied behind your back. That sounds fun and engaging.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So you are advocating for the thing you want. Your right it's not selfless, at all.
I'm pretty sure that you missed my point: It's possible to advocate for what others want.

My fellowships will do one path on each stage if they drop the residue cost to 1 VV or increase it to 25 VV.
My inputted efforts and rewards remain the same. I already get what I want for myself out of the FA, nothing needs to change for that.

I want the residue badges to be more balanced with other productions so that other, smaller fellowships can do that one path.
I also would like for other fellowships who want to do more than the minimum to be able to produce a reasonable balance of badges, not some in massive amounts with others in a total bottleneck.

This is still a self-serving position because what's good for the majority of the player-base is good for the developers and maybe they'll make more money and use a pinch of it to better the game which I would enjoy.

Not quite the same as say... advocating for bracelet badges to remain much more difficult for fighting cities while coincidentally being a non-fighter;)

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Not quite the same as say... advocating for bracelet badges to remain much more difficult for fighting cities while coincidentally being a non-fighter;)
I am not shedding any crocodile tears or pretending that I am advocating for others.

You want baby food, fine! Admit it and move on. Stop saying its for my sake.

Oh, oh poor little players it is too hard for them.... but lets screw them utterly elsewhere because you know, they suck! The pretense here is a little much.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

That is because they have not upgraded their Magic Academy. Maybe they are hoarding their diamonds or maybe they wasted them on something else, but you should check with them on that.
To be fair, if they dont spire they dont have any diamonds. I would say that this is where the Fellowship part of the adventure kicks in.
A chapter 2 player with no access to the spire can produce braclets like mad and leave the residue and druid staffs to the boneyards.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
So, if you already have secret plans why the nerf?

I'm not good with the lingo. "nerf" to me is when the developers lessen the rewards or production of something. I'm sure your use of the word is applicable to my comments but I'm not sure how. Sorry.

Nevermind. I think I figured it out. "Why the nerf?" in my comments would refer to my suggestion that they raise the amount of Arcane Residue badges by 10-20 percent. At least that's what I'm thinking you meant. The answer is that if you look at the suggestion I make it would seem that by doing that you might be making the production of Arcane Residue badges a little too easy, especially if you are, in effect, cutting the amount of Vision Vapor needed in 1/3.

AJ

Iyapo1

On this thread players are asking that the difficulty of creating the badge be reduced or "nerfed".

My question was...If you already have a super secret plan on how to deal with them as is, why reduce the difficulty?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm with lyapo. Many cities can't survive without fellowships; my main city is one. Had I been banned from joining as a small city, I wouldn't still be playing.
I think if players were told in Chapter 1 that a "new feature" would come in Chapter 2, the ability to join fellowships and build up even more, then they would stay to see how that would work. Chapter one only takes about a week or two to complete, after all, and they might have a fellowship tutorial to tell people what to expect and what would be expected of them.

I'm not advocating this ... it's just an alternative to unreasonable expectations. Something that would have to be worked out a heck of a lot better than they work out most things. It can't just be "you are banned from this until the next chapter." It would have to be, "ooh, look what's coming up in the next chapter!" As I say, it would take careful handling to avoid the logical fear you mention.

I started out thinking that Inno should not make impossible badges for new players in the FAs, and I still feel that way (note I didn't say I want them easy ... I just don't want them impossible, as long as they're going to get new players excited about FAs and encourage them to participate.) Inno either has to make them doable or they have to stop getting people's hopes up that they can participate in all aspects of the FA.

Darielle

That is because they have not upgraded their Magic Academy. Maybe they are hoarding their diamonds or maybe they wasted them on something else, but you should check with them on that.
Or maybe they didn't have enough diamonds to begin with to fully upgrade. Upgrading it only to level 2 does not do that much to help, and I would not have been able to go further if my son hadn't gifted me with twenty dollars worth of diamonds at the outset. And saying new players "wasted" them on something else ... that's not very nice. Where is the tutorial telling you which items are useful to spend on and which are a waste? Nowhere. How are they supposed to know? By the time they are experienced enough to know, those diamonds are long gone. It's not a waste. It's a learning experience.

Darielle

This FA was doable for new members. This FA was not impossible.
I'd like to know how a fellowship with players in chapter one or two could do the FA. If you could explain how they could do arcane badges, I'd appreciate it.

Iyapo1

Hyperbole is rarely constructive.
I am sorry, I took you literally when you said:
I'm just worried about turning off the fellowships that are starting out with a bunch of new players.

FS that are just starting out are not full. 6 or 7 members is a good solid start.

So, this badge needs to be nerfed to the point that a FS of 6 or 7 chapter 1 and 2 players can finish the FA.

We will just ignore the fact that they have no hope of creating enough other badges to finish the FA.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'd like to know how a fellowship with players in chapter one or two could do the FA. If you could explain how they could do arcane badges, I'd appreciate it.
In your original post, you referred to players in ch 1-5, now you are just concerned with ch1-2? I was able to make 5 in ch 2, with a level 2 MA. How many other members would be in this FS of ch1-2 players that you are referring to and how many would they each make?

SoggyShorts

I am not shedding any crocodile tears or pretending that I am advocating for others.
no surprise there, your bias and selfish perspective is blatant.
You want baby food, fine! Admit it and move on. Stop saying its for my sake.
Still not grasping that some players are capable of thinking about the welfare of others who aren't even on these forums, eh?
Oh, oh poor little players it is too hard for them.... but lets screw them utterly elsewhere because you know, they suck! The pretense here is a little much.
That sounds wildly off-topic, but please, do share WTH you are even on about.

Iyapo1

your bias and selfish perspective is blatant.
Do you think yours is hidden?
That sounds wildly off-topic, but please, do share WTH you are even on about.

The only badges that are being attacked, the Braclets and the Arcane Residue just happen to be the only badges that low level players can produce in good quantity.

Chapter 2 players can pound braclets out impressively! And a chapter 5 spire city can produce just as much Arcane Residue as a chapter 17 city.

You want that fixed and adjusted, fine. But stop saying your doing it for new players.

SoggyShorts

The only badges that are being attacked, the Braclets and the Arcane Residue just happen to be the only badges that low level players can produce in good quantity.
Chapter 2 players can pound braclets out impressively! And a chapter 5 spire city can produce just as much Arcane Residue as a chapter 17 city.
You want that fixed and adjusted, fine. But stop saying your doing it for new players.
Do you actually think most players in the tutorial are set up to go to the top of the spire every week? You're delusional.
The requested change isn't just for low-chapter players, it's for medium fellowships and for everyone who would like a balance in badges.
It's pointless to have some badges that are made in the hundreds through normal play while others require high costs, luck and effort to make dozens. It makes no sense.