• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I've Got The Residue Blues

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think the idea of having a FS with all chapter 1 and 2 players and expectation of doing the FA is absurd.

But having said that, the arcane residue requirements are simply too high. Beta feedback was to make the requirement 5 VV, and they went from 15 to 10, but now that I've played the FA on live, I think the requirement should be 3 VV. I don't think I was able to make 50% more between beta and live because so many badges were already 9 & 6, or 7 & 8 or 9 & 7 or 8 & 8 or 9 & 8 and going from 15 to 10 didn't change those badges, and those amounts were from the badges I mostly want to make, and matching the 2s and 3s, if they were available, really was wasting resources.
I agree doing the FA is absurd as it is now with a fellowship of all new players. But there are such fellowships, and it is absurd for Inno to advertise to them to join the FAs and try to get them involved, unless they make it possible to do so.

Yes, the badges seemed designed to make us waste the most possible vision vapor when crafting the badge. I'd love to see it at 3 vv.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree doing the FA is absurd as it is now with a fellowship of all new players. But there are such fellowships, and it is absurd for Inno to advertise to them to join the FAs and try to get them involved, unless they make it possible to do so.

You see it as an advertisement, but most of us know it as a warning to all players not in fellowships, to join one if they plan to participate, because it is the one thing in the game you cannot join part way through.

Kekune

I remember my first FA. My group was so small, we only eked out one path on stage 1. We had to be careful to avoid the wand badges, because nobody could make the MM spells needed. But we were proud of ourselves for finishing a stage. In our second FA, we finished stage 2 and stared in awe at the intimidating numbers on stage 3. The first time we finished all 3 stages (several FAs in) there was literally singing and celebration, we were so excited to finally be able to do it.

According to elvengems, the green path on stage 1 required 4 druid staffs and 4 arcane residue. Although it might be hard for a group of new players to do that, my understanding from this thread is that ch2 cities can gain catalysts and craft, so it would be possible. So, smaller cities and fellowships can absolutely participate, and likely even complete the first stage. If they expect to do the whole thing right out of the gate, I'd argue that's a problem with their expectations.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You see it as an advertisement, but most of us know it as a warning to all players not in fellowships, to join one if they plan to participate, because it is the one thing in the game you cannot join part way through.
It's both a warning and an advertisement, I think. :)