• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Any changes from Beta? Especially the quest cycling could use improvement.
As is,
  1. You decline however many until you get to the groceries quest,
  2. set 15 workshops to groceries overnight,
  3. collect 5 in the morning, completing the quest
  4. decline 9 quests in a row to get back to the groceries (farmers badge)
  5. hand in 5 completing the quest again.
  6. decline 9 quests in a row to get back to the groceries (farmers badge)
  7. hand in 5 completing the quest again.

This gets very tedious if you are between chapters and build 20-25 workshops to help out.
If not a new system, then at least having the quest default to the same one you just completed would help remove steps 4 and 6 above.

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Some strategical Waypoints (the three circles), like you can see above, will confront you with 3 different paths to choose from. Discuss with your Fellowship and choose wisely: Will you battle? Rather pay goods? Like to make productions? It's up to you and your Fellowship which way suits your game style!
Can someone clarify this for me? I looked into the discussions on the beta forum and as far as I can tell, the 3 paths involve paying goods, workshop productions and both boosted and non-boosted factory productions. The "Will you battle?" part was maybe meant to describe the in-fighting in fellowships rather than the actual use of troops in combat perhaps? ;)

Risen Malchiah

Especially the quest cycling could use improvement... This gets very tedious if you are between chapters and build 20-25 workshops to help out.
If not a new system, then at least having the quest default to the same one you just completed would help remove steps 4 and 6 above.
Especially if you also cycle between the standard declineable quests when you collect each morning. Your suggestion sounds awesome!

DeletedUser9759

I agree that the the quest cycling is a bit tedious, but hey, we've got quest cycling!!! The ability to do the tasks when and in the order we choose. Huge improvement imo.
I quite like this format. The feeling of being "out in the world" and not stuck in our cities is very refreshing. Being able to track our progress visually, up the mountain is certainly better than a counter.
There's always room for improvement of course and I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions but this gets a "Well done" from me.

DeletedUser7370

Perhaps we should start with the logical component that the people on this forum can not give FEEDBACK about something they have not yet participated in.

Although we have already been informed that one part of the announcement has been changed for the latest iteration on the Beta server.
Adventure Items are a new permanent event resource which will be needed for the reoccurring Fellowship Adventures. They have no further function than to be used to complete certain Waypoints and they are obtained from doing certain activities in the game.
They are no longer permanent resources as they expire with each adventure.

Please correct the announcement to match the current planned state of play. And my considered opinion is that change was an excellent choice by the dev team.

Risen Malchiah

I'm wondering though, wouldn't allowing players to keep their badges for use at a later date help lower ranking guilds by helping them reach the end when Fellowship Adventures runs again? By making them disappear at the end of the run, fellowships that don't reach the end lose out on all the resources they put in.

Either way, that is a good point. The wording of the announcement should be consistent with the version that goes live. So "permanent" should not be used in describing the badges and "Will you battle?" should not give fighting players like me false hope.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm wondering though, wouldn't allowing players to keep their badges for use at a later date help lower ranking guilds by helping them reach the end when Fellowship Adventures runs again?
While it would help them, it will be of much greater help to the high-ranked fellowships, who are going to finish every adventure with more leftovers than anyone else.
They are no longer permanent resources as they expire with each adventure.
It wouldn't hurt, though personally I never read that as anything but a "permanent game feature" as opposed to most event features which are temporary game features.

DeletedUser8847

:confused: I'm confused about it all. Will we have some badges?

Is it all team work with FS?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1036

Can someone clarify this for me? I looked into the discussions on the beta forum and as far as I can tell, the 3 paths involve paying goods, workshop productions and both boosted and non-boosted factory productions. The "Will you battle?" part was maybe meant to describe the in-fighting in fellowships rather than the actual use of troops in combat perhaps? ;)

There are 3 possible paths on each level and only the Orange Path will ask people to pay goods.

There are no battles in this adventure..........

DeletedUser3602

Could you make this announcement a news item in-game? As the announcement says, it's important that the Fellowships are aware and ready to tackle the challenges that lie ahead. Isn't this type of announcement exactly why the new "News" feature was implemented?

Edit: or you could have put a link in the Release notes 1.37 that took people to the Fellowship Adventures Announcement. But it's too late for that now.

Risen Malchiah

There are 3 possible paths on each level and only the Orange Path will ask people to pay goods.

There are no battles in this adventure..........
Precisely why I asked. It seems combat was going to be one of the paths and then they decided to swap that for a second path involving productions. They did 2 rounds of testing in beta and I have yet to see any explanation for why this aspect was scrapped. Combat should be one of the paths.

Risen Malchiah

:confused: I'm confused about it all. Will we have some badges?

Is it all team work with FS?
The badges are temporary items you gain from doing the individual quests (which can be cycled through and relate to the various productions in your city). Fellowship members use those badges in the waypoints to progress. So the badges are individual, but the progress in each stage will involve team work.

DeletedUser8847

The badges are temporary items you gain from doing the individual quests (which can be cycled through and relate to the various productions in your city). Fellowship members use those badges in the waypoints to progress. So the badges are individual, but the progress in each stage will involve team work.

There is individual quests?
So, we have some individual works to do but going forward of the adventure needs FS?

DeletedUser4767

I am unclear about what it is we are supposed to be gaining in the end. Ranking for the fellowship? That means nothing to me. I am really hoping this does not become a MUST DO thing. I won't pressure my Fellowship to participate and will probably ignore it like I do the tournaments. Not looking forward to another distraction in which we can build a bunch of slums to accomplish the production requirements only to mess up our cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.