• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laochra

Stage 1 prize: Traveling Merchant I
Stage 2 prize: Traveling Merchant II
Stage 3 prize: Traveling Merchant III
plus some random instants(?)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is why we will do the FA. Because it is more about accomplishing something as a group and working together as a team than anything else. It is so much less about the prizes.
I agree with Shelizzie. I see an uptick in group activity during and after every FSA.
We have found that planning a Chest push in the tournaments is a much better way to engage people in group activities. Pushing for 8-10 chests gets each player something between 100 and 200 extra KP for the week, along with spells and rune shards, and doesn't require building a mini-city of workshops and non-boosted factories. It can be effectively done with a mix of old and brand new players, and offering goods to smaller cities has an exponentially positive effect on the group as a whole. There is engagement opportunity in discussion of best tactics for combat and relative values of ancient Wonders. Lots of activity options for everyone in the FS.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1108

I think you're interpreting something that isn't there. In my opinion, the animosity isn't toward diamond players, but toward Inno for how much effort they put in to getting everyone to be diamond players. The fellowship adventures have been modified so that they will not be fun for the vast majority of those who don't spend lots on diamonds. That is not a criticism of diamond players, it is a criticism of the design.
The Tier one factory options will only change for currently-non-boosted factories that are leveled into the 20s. Your boosted factory productions will be unchanged, and any non-boosted factories that are lower than 20+ will not change.
I ran 55 workshops, 45 level one boost factories, and 15 each of my non-boosted T1. Others ran close to the same. We did not make the top 20 on our server.
To part one: I am sure this in the case for you, I'm not sure it holds true for many others
To part two: Thank you for the clarification, I guess that I've misinterpreted what I read at Gems
To part three: I guess we should be glad we were not in your world because that sounds like exactly what we did and we managed a pair of 5th place finishes with very little in the way of diamond spending as far as I know (I certainly didn't pony up any) In Felyndral there were at least 2 fellowships outside of the top 20 who finished in the top 10, one as high as #4, I think. There were at least 3 others were close behind. It could well turn out that the changes in this one will push those fellowships back and that would be a shame

Last edited by a moderator:

Shellizzie

We have found that planning a Chest push in the tournaments is a much better way to engage people in group activities.
Last FA, we completed a 10 chest run and came in 8th in the Adventure.
We like to do a mix of both. The tourneys cost us so much in goods and troops that it is fun to have something to do in between the runs when we do not have as much in goods and troops to blow. Both are good in my opinion and fortunatly for our members as well.

DeletedUser1108

It's hard to compare past to the one coming, because we don't know how many of the top teams took advantage of rotating extra cities in and out of the fellowship to complete badges. If those badges are now lost during a fellowship entry, and there is an inability to participate in the current stage prizes, it might be a different game.
Hunh, I can't say that it ever occurred to me that someone might do that. If they did, well shame on them, it's a cheesy way to play, much like the pushing rings are a cheesy way to play. Some folk clearly feel the need to be competitive no matter the cost. Not something I could do or even play with someone like that.

ps. how do you get your signature icon to center and stay there? as you can see from my previous attempt, I failed at it. Just moving it with the space bar doesn't work.

Deleted User - 691030

Well they just said the FA on live servers will start on Thursday...this is unfortunate as the FS's on the live servers will have more difficulty than beta did getting the spell related badges. With the tournament going I was able to collect at least 3 spell related badges nearly every day through the tournament rewards. This did not include through my MA or through chests from NH. I really thought the new badges were relatively easy to get and if every FS member collected them this way a FS could easily have enough spell badges.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
ps. how do you get your signature icon to center and stay there? as you can see from my previous attempt, I failed at it. Just moving it with the space bar doesn't work.
While editing your signature (or any forum post), there is an alignment function:
upload_2018-1-29_12-43-43.png

DeletedUser2163

You should. not everyone has the talent to be an artist.
And how would you charge someone for doing this if he loves what he does and it gives pleasure to the people he does it for why are asking him to charge people: And yet I guess your charging for your want ever: Look when someone does something from the heart it give them blessing don't rain on his blessing:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Well, it appears the thing will be more difficult for many
Indeed, roughly 100% harder. 81% more badges, and many of those are 24/48 badges.
but at least they made the cycling easier.
Did they really though?
While they did remove the confirmation after you hit decline, they also added 3 badges, which negates most of the reduction.
Old:
click quest to hand in
click "finish"
click "awesome"
click quest+decline+confirm x 9
=30 clicks
New

click quest to hand in
click "finish"
click "awesome"
click quest+decline x 12
<Refresh browser due to bug> (not counted)
=27 clicks

A nice 10% improvement, but then you have to look at total number of badges:

Old FA: If you took the fastest routes possible, that FA required 391 badges, for just under 12,000 clicks (not counting any of the clicks on buildings)
New FA: If you take the fastest routes possible, this FA requires 710 badges, for just over 19,000 clicks (not counting any of the clicks on buildings)

if they simply split the quests between the 2 quest givers, with all workshop productions on one and everything else on the other, it would be nearly a 50% reduction in clicks, at least getting us back to the old FA's number of clicks.

Also worth noting is the minimum 141 spell badges that require the extra step of opening the trader and getting 100 plank,silk, or elixir after you gain the spell. Extra joy.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Your forgot the page refresh click in the new one :p:eek: Unless they sneak in the bug fix for that as it goes live.
Right, added that in, but didn't add it to the number of clicks in case they fix it.
I'm always of 2 minds when it comes to major flaws that we catch in Beta(and easy solutions that we suggest)
Mostly I want them to apply fixes before live, but there's always that little part of me that looks forward to the SHTF when it goes live without fixes since there are at least 20x more players active on these forums, and players will actually come here for the first time just to complain.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Page refresh also entails additional waiting time for loading. That alone brings it to a complete failure.
Right, added that in, but didn't add it to the number of clicks in case they fix it.

There is the chance it will be fixed at the live update. They did that recently with the change to event buildings that now produce goods. Those were bugged up until the actual go-live at which point it was fixed in beta, live never saw the bug. So it is possible they will do the same with this one.

Risen Malchiah

Which bug is this? There are times when cycling quests on live, I've had that quest giver disappear completely. Then moving away from the city and back (to try to trigger the next quest giver to appear) results in all quest givers being gone. Is this the refresh bug you're referring to?

SoggyShorts

Which bug is this? There are times when cycling quests on live, I've had that quest giver disappear completely. Then moving away from the city and back (to try to trigger the next quest giver to appear) results in all quest givers being gone. Is this the refresh bug you're referring to?
Sounds very similar.

bkbajb

I am unclear about what it is we are supposed to be gaining in the end. Ranking for the fellowship? That means nothing to me. I am really hoping this does not become a MUST DO thing. I won't pressure my Fellowship to participate and will probably ignore it like I do the tournaments. Not looking forward to another distraction in which we can build a bunch of slums to accomplish the production requirements only to mess up our cities.

If you have not worked on the FS adventure yet you are missing out. In the past the prizes have helped each individual player grow which in turn helps the FS. I am surprised though that you have not done any tournaments. The relics and KP gained by doing them again help each individual in the FS.

Tauriel Dragonwood

And how would you charge someone for doing this if he loves what he does and it gives pleasure to the people he does it for why are asking him to charge people: And yet I guess your charging for your want ever: Look when someone does something from the heart it give them blessing don't rain on his blessing:
You don't have to get nasty Hetima! People that give without expecting anything in return make this world a better place. Yet there are artists, writers, musicians, etc.struggling to try to make a living from their art. So don't chastise me for wanting to give something back to a very talented artist.

Personally, I wonder if the Fellowship Adventures were created for players that have finished the Knowledge Tree because of all the space required for "tent cities" is seriously problematic unless you have just finished a chapter.I know of one player that has created a tent city just for FAs. I also find the effort to reward ratio is extremely poor for the FA unless you get into the top level rewards. Expect there will be boutique Fellowships popping up for FAs like there are for obsessive Tournament players.

I also think starting one it so close behind an event is pretty cruel.

DeletedUser5838

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our new upcoming feature: Fellowship Adventures! Please post below and let us know what you think.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
In my fellowship in Elcysandir we have decided to boycott the Fellowship Adventures altogether. The prizes are so useless and the amount of work to get them is unreal. Inno needs to give real prizes...something to actually be worth all of the effort. I would suggest giving and expansion as the main prize. People would be willing to jump through all of the hoops to get an expansion. Or how about a large mana building, everyone needs mana. Nobody wants the traveling merchant.

Status
Not open for further replies.