• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just A Few Things

FaeLord

First of all, the military system is worthless. Your available units and their unit sizes never even come close to keeping up with the opposition. Military units are helpful in tournaments but that's about it. Otherwise they're just a waste of space which sucks because this could be a really fun part of the game.

Having a 50% trader fee in a game where you pretty much have to trade to get the resources you need is utterly asinine. Whoever came up with that gem should be fired, but not until after they have been publicly caned and paraded through the streets of Tokyo while wearing badges of shame.

The massive gap in residence upgrade techs between Chapter 3 and Chapter 6 is also asinine. I could see a single chapter gap but three?

You should be able to flip buildings, period. At the very least, you should be able to flip cultural buildings as they're pretty much just decoration and it would be extremely helpful in creating a balanced appearance.

All of these are enough to put me off from spending a single dollar on diamonds, which I have done in the past, but no more. It's just too pointless.

AtaguS

Sorry to hear you are not enjoying the game as much these days. For my part, I'm ok with the military being the way it is. I'm not a fan of manual fighting so get by entirely on auto-fights. My concern if the military aspect were improved in the way you suggest, is that fighting in general would become a more central aspect of the game. That would tarnish the game for me, personally.

I'm not fully clear on your second point about the trader. When you say trader fee, are you talking about the fee to trade with someone outside your fellowship or scouted map, or the wholesaler?

Hmm, ya, that house upgrade gap seems excessive. I didn't remember it being there. I can tell you that after chapter 6 you get one in every chapter. I wonder why they skipped 4 and 5?

I'm 100% with you on the culture buildings. A while back I was working on a suggestion where the chapter-based culture buildings had an equal and opposite partner building in the culture tab, so that a player could place them both ways. That would work around the graphic issues which has always been the answer in the past to why we can't rotate our buildings. Perhaps they can't be rotated once placed...but at least we'd have the option of unlocking and placing these smaller culture items (trees, benches, etc) in two directions instead of just one. Maybe I'll dust off that suggestion and give it a go.

Anyway, I guess you were mostly just venting some frustrations about the game so apologies for the long response. Posts like these don't ever get seen by the developers I'm afraid, unless they are formated in a specific way, outlined here. Prior to the format being created, very few if any of our suggestions made it outside the forum soundbox. But at least with the format there is a path. If you ever wanted to pursue any of the points you were making, or lay out some suggestions to solve them - that link will help you get it done. In the meantime I hope you can keep enjoying the game diamond free. Some players avoid the diamonds as a part of the challenge of it all. Maybe there is fun in that!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You should be able to flip buildings, period. At the very least, you should be able to flip cultural buildings as they're pretty much just decoration and it would be extremely helpful in creating a balanced appearance.
I'm 100% with you on the culture buildings. A while back I was working on a suggestion where the chapter-based culture buildings had an equal and opposite partner building in the culture tab, so that a player could place them both ways.
a perfect mirror, yes. 180 degree turns would be great for decoration, but not 90 degree turns, which would ruin the puzzle challenge.
Having a 50% trader fee in a game where you pretty much have to trade to get the resources you need is utterly asinine. Whoever came up with that gem should be fired, but not until after they have been publicly caned and paraded through the streets of Tokyo while wearing badges of shame.
It encourages joining a fellowship which has been proven to help with player retention. Whoever came up with it deserves a raise.
First of all, the military system is worthless. Your available units and their unit sizes never even come close to keeping up with the opposition.
Several players have great success with the military aspects of the game, have you read any of the guides?

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello,

I am sorry that you are not enjoying the game. There are many guides available around the forum that should help you with some of the problems you have listed above. Unfortunately, I have to archive this post. Only suggestions to improve the game are allowed in this section of the forum. You are most welcome to open a discussion thread, in the discussion portion of this forum.

Xelie