• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just Curious

Alram

Flippers just flip
If it's just one or two members, they probably aren't interested. A lot of solo players start their own FS just so they can do some tourney. You can try messaging them.

hvariidh gwendrot

most say let's merge then they say you join us then no you join us lol but you are correct there are A LOT of fellowships on this world that carry A LOT of inactive cities

Debray

There are a lot of inactive cities just in my immediate map area. And posting on the forum or in Platinum Leaf on FB gets 0 traction to find new members.

HonuMoana

most say let's merge then they say you join us then no you join us lol but you are correct there are A LOT of fellowships on this world that carry A LOT of inactive cities

Wouldn't it be fun if there was a merge button? When an Arch pushes it they then have to enter the name of the other FS, and then once the other Arch pushes it to acknowledge the merge, the game randomly selects the new Arch from the two, and everyone else is made a Fellow. What fun!

OIM20

@Debray - I'm probably going to get a lot of negativity considering what happened the last time someone even posted about this, but have you tried checking with individual members of an FS?

Before anyone loses their temper, please read what I'm typing first!

If you check the FS on ElvenStats and the scores haven't changed in 30 days (ish), there will be a black triangle next to the name. There are some FS who have several members according to the numbers in the server window, but when looking on ES only have 1 or 2 active members. Have you tried approaching them individually to see if they might be interested in joining your FS? It's not exactly a merger, because you might not be going through the AM. There's one I just looked at whose AM hasn't been active since 2019, but the FS has active members on the roster. I think this type of thing happens when the FS is open to auto-join.

I know there's a rather heated... debate, if you will - over "poaching" from other fellowships. I do not think asking someone who joined an FS they may not have realized was inactive if they want to move to an active one would be considered "poaching".

I have updated your FS' page on ES: Eclipse Dragon. You have 15 members, which is more than the FS I'm in has openings for.

The steps I would recommend:
  • check their FS overview page. There are some who state outright they aren't looking to do anything but sit in their happy little home. They are 'on hiatus' from the weekly tasks, so they probably aren't the type of players you're looking for, even if they were interested in a merge.
  • if their stated goals on the overview page do not conflict with your own FS' goals, check their ES page. (If you haven't used the site before, click "Fellowships" then type their name into the search bar until it appears, click on it - making sure the server matches [US6].)
  • if it hasn't been done in a while, click "Refresh Member List". Some of the pages are outdated by weeks, some months, some years. It all depends on when someone last went to check anything on the site about that group. Some of them, of course, are fairly up to date.
  • if your goal is tourneys and there are several (but not all) black triangles, click on the last bar of the tourney bar graph (far right) to see who participated in the last tourney. Other goals are harder to gauge at a glance. There is no way to tell about Spire scores - who's gotten what - but you can search the FS while in the Sinya Arda server to see if they have a current Spire score, and what it is, to see if whoever is currently active in the FS is even interested in the Spire.
  • if you scroll to the bottom of the ES page for an FS, there should be a list of players who have joined/left the FS. While there's no indication of reasons given, if the entire FS is black triangles, you might look into those players' individual pages and see if they are active and possibly looking for a new FS to join.
It never hurts to ask as long as you're polite about it. And, this way, the player in question takes the first step by leaving their current FS so that you can send them an invite to yours. Maybe follow up after a week if they haven't accepted and ask them if they're still interested. Explain you do have spots to fill and if they aren't interested anymore, you would like to move to recruiting your next potentiate.

Yes, there may be groups where there are 7 listed players, 3 of the accounts are obviously the same person, and the AM is inactive. You will have to decide whether you want to accept multiple accounts held and operated by the same player when determining whether to approach the remaining players of such a group.

I will note: if the AM is active, it is common courtesy, I think, to approach them first. They may not have anything on their in-game FS overview page. It happens. But since the worst that can happen is that you end up needing to block a player if they respond with vitriol, it doesn't hurt to be courteous in sending a message to ask if they would be interested in combining your two groups.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@OIM20 That's the method I used to get my fs to 25 active members. Like you I took careful steps to insure I wasn't poaching. Like contacting the AM first if they are active. Or a mage even. It took investigating about 100 fellowships (I favored those with between 10 and 15 members) and took a bit of time and effort, but I ended up with a top 30 fellowship and 100% active. After that, when people do leave, I usually get an application from some qualified player in a few days. "Qualified," to me is 100k+ and able to do 1200 tournament each week.

AJ

Jola

man i would be super happy just to have 25 active visiting and growing players *sigh*. Is a few tournament points too much to ask?? (if not Solantica is recruiting! lol)

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Debray - I'm probably going to get a lot of negativity considering what happened the last time someone even posted about this, but have you tried checking with individual members of an FS?

Before anyone loses their temper, please read what I'm typing first!

If you check the FS on ElvenStats and the scores haven't changed in 30 days (ish), there will be a black triangle next to the name. There are some FS who have several members according to the numbers in the server window, but when looking on ES only have 1 or 2 active members. Have you tried approaching them individually to see if they might be interested in joining your FS? It's not exactly a merger, because you might not be going through the AM. There's one I just looked at whose AM hasn't been active since 2019, but the FS has active members on the roster. I think this type of thing happens when the FS is open to auto-join.

I know there's a rather heated... debate, if you will - over "poaching" from other fellowships. I do not think asking someone who joined an FS they may not have realized was inactive if they want to move to an active one would be considered "poaching".

I have updated your FS' page on ES: Eclipse Dragon. You have 15 members, which is more than the FS I'm in has openings for.

The steps I would recommend:
  • check their FS overview page. There are some who state outright they aren't looking to do anything but sit in their happy little home. They are 'on hiatus' from the weekly tasks, so they probably aren't the type of players you're looking for, even if they were interested in a merge.
  • if their stated goals on the overview page do not conflict with your own FS' goals, check their ES page. (If you haven't used the site before, click "Fellowships" then type their name into the search bar until it appears, click on it - making sure the server matches [US6].)
  • if it hasn't been done in a while, click "Refresh Member List". Some of the pages are outdated by weeks, some months, some years. It all depends on when someone last went to check anything on the site about that group. Some of them, of course, are fairly up to date.
  • if your goal is tourneys and there are several (but not all) black triangles, click on the last bar of the tourney bar graph (far right) to see who participated in the last tourney. Other goals are harder to gauge at a glance. There is no way to tell about Spire scores - who's gotten what - but you can search the FS while in the Sinya Arda server to see if they have a current Spire score, and what it is, to see if whoever is currently active in the FS is even interested in the Spire.
  • if you scroll to the bottom of the ES page for an FS, there should be a list of players who have joined/left the FS. While there's no indication of reasons given, if the entire FS is black triangles, you might look into those players' individual pages and see if they are active and possibly looking for a new FS to join.
It never hurts to ask as long as you're polite about it. And, this way, the player in question takes the first step by leaving their current FS so that you can send them an invite to yours. Maybe follow up after a week if they haven't accepted and ask them if they're still interested. Explain you do have spots to fill and if they aren't interested anymore, you would like to move to recruiting your next potentiate.

Yes, there may be groups where there are 7 listed players, 3 of the accounts are obviously the same person, and the AM is inactive. You will have to decide whether you want to accept multiple accounts held and operated by the same player when determining whether to approach the remaining players of such a group.

I will note: if the AM is active, it is common courtesy, I think, to approach them first. They may not have anything on their in-game FS overview page. It happens. But since the worst that can happen is that you end up needing to block a player if they respond with vitriol, it doesn't hurt to be courteous in sending a message to ask if they would be interested in combining your two groups.
@OIM20 That's the method I used to get my fs to 25 active members. Like you I took careful steps to insure I wasn't poaching. Like contacting the AM first if they are active. Or a mage even. It took investigating about 100 fellowships (I favored those with between 10 and 15 members) and took a bit of time and effort, but I ended up with a top 30 fellowship and 100% active. After that, when people do leave, I usually get an application from some qualified player in a few days. "Qualified," to me is 100k+ and able to do 1200 tournament each week.

AJ

I have used these methods to get my fellowships numbers filled out. With the exception that I try fellowships with inactive archmages first. There are plenty of those around too. You would be amazed at how many STILL won't leave the fellowship. Most of the time they say "oh no, I would never think of leaving" WTH? It's an uphill battle to fill out fellowships, for sure. The best friend of an archmage imo is elvenstats. One caveat to this method is that those players have been doing as they pleased for so long, there may be a learning curve to get them on the same page with your fellowship.