• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just wondering why we tolerate cheaters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-inf3rno

Yeah, Inno doesn't care. At least not if you spend enough money. I imagine having multiple push accounts without paying for the privilege will probably get you shut down. But if you're a regular customer they'll look the other way even if other players put in tickets with evidence against you. That's why they don't really bother trying to hide their multiple accounts, because they know they're allowed to get away with it.

Essentially, if you're someone who buys diamonds, my advice is to start doing it yourself instead of getting upset that there are players already doing it. Multiple accounts are just another aspect of gameplay now that premium players have access to and I'll continue to believe this until I see one of them get banned from the game.

I stopped buying diamonds I rather farm them with wells. I won't spend any money on this game until cheating is allowed. I no longer play it competitively either, maybe once in a cycle I push tourney for the first place, but I think I rather skip that and rather focus on helping the fellowship. With these conditions it just does not make sense to push it. I was always second or third many times behind cheaters. It is no longer fun. And yes, for some people competition is fun...

DeletedUser20951

I think I will always be baffled at how many pop out of the woodwork to state how cool they are with cheating. It bothers some and some it doesn't, but it is still unethical and demoralizing to those who try to compete while following the straight and narrow. An arguable lack of rewards for said competition is irrelevant. No matter how much I disagree with a rule, even when I torch it and then stomp on it to scatter its ashes to the winds for good measure, I believe punishment for any violations is completely justified and should be meted out. Inno needs to either enforce rules or remove 'em, otherwise it makes having supposed regulations merely a laughing stock and damages their reputation.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think there's a big difference between being "okay with it" and philosophically deciding that it's not worth worrying about.

I'm not okay with people who don't come to a full stop at a red light or stop sign before they make a right turn. If I complained to the police every time it happened, or went to reddit and wrote a tirade about it, I'd be worn out and stressed and nothing would change. And they are potentially endangering the lives of pedestrians, something that isn't the case with people who cheat in games.

That translates to: I report them and nothing happens, but I don't come to the forum and complain about how nothing happens. It is better for our own mental health not to obsess about it. None of that reflects being cool with it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Because pointing out what I think and what I do as a result is somehow an insistence that someone else do the same. Apparently you'd prefer to remain baffled by other people's motivations than risk them actually trying to explain them. Ignorance is not bliss. Nor is Ignorance.

Vergazi

popcorn.jpg

DeletedUser2870

Last time I tried I showed them screenshots of donations from a single zombie fellowship, elvenstats with 8k growth per week for 2 months without any layout change. Every single RP was from KP pushing. What I found outrageous that the same player asked for KP donations in our KP pool and got it. Another thing that mages supported that city in our FS, so I rather left. I reported it to support attached evidence, but nothing happened, that city is still in top 15 on tournaments with a level 30 needles, sanctuary, etc. That was maybe a year ago. You cannot do more than that as an user. Inno could easily track KP if they want to, but they won't do it.
(edit) It's certainly a strong indication, but not definite proof. Unless you want Inno to release their financial records to proof that person did not spend a few thousand dollars on buying Kps for diamonds (and no, that price stays stable, it does not increase each time it is used).
And force them to release the amount of goods paid for KPs. I mean, I have about 10 mil goods of each of my boosted type and about half that of the others. If I started buying KPs for goods for each of those types and used the MM spell a lot more I could buy a ridiculous amount of KPs. In fact, I use my goods to buy all KPs for the first tech in each chapter and have done so since the dwarven chapter to get into the new chapter as fast as I could. And doing so hardly made a dent in my goods. So if I wanted to buy 10.000 KPs that way, I could. That would level a lot of AWs.
And as I said, I am not playing too intensively. If I did and was able to run a lot more short-term productions my stockpile of goods would be much higher.
(edit) In fact, now I'm almost tempted to do just that, just because I can and level a whole bunch of AWs to 30. Maybe after the new chapter is released and I'm done with it I'll put up an additional T3 factory to get even more T3 goods and I will do just that.

So basicly you came here to tell us you don't care about cheating and you feel it even justified because it is "hard work". Good to have you here. :D I just wonder why we have any type of ranking if this game should not be played competitively.

Please be serious if you try to answer.
First, as long as Inno says they do not track KPs, there's not much we as players can do about it. I said that before.
Secondly, if Inno says it's not allowed, but at the same time says they don't track KPs it becomes a grey area. So as I said, feel free to eliminate their unfair advantage by doing the same.
Thirdly, no, I don't care about other people cheating overmuch. It's a bloody browser game, and one where no real rewards are involved, so why should I be? I work 5 12-hour shifts a week, I really don't have any inclination to get riled up about something so insignificant as this. Believe it or not, I have a whole list of things I feel are more important to worry or care about or spend my time on.
And no, I did not try to justify it as hard work. I just mentioned it takes time and effort as well. That does not mean I condone it, I just state a pretty obvious fact. And from Inno's perspective it's all about trying to get people to spend more time in the game because that increases the likelyhood of them spending their money. And for them making money is all it is about.

And lastly, I play the game mostly because I like the graphics and the friends I've made. Ranking just doesn't make it into the reasons I play this game. I've been in the top 30 and now I've dropped quite a bit. So what? It's a game I play to relax and have fun. I'm not about to let someone who gets more points take that away from me, no matter how he does it, it just isn't worth my time. Unlike if something like that happens in the real world, where I do not stand for it.
Cheating happens. Life is unfair. The universe isn't perfect. Try to live with the fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8993

@JL7316
However, I really don't give a flying -beep- about whether or not someone ends up higher in rank.
Yeah, we got that. You've stated your opinion blah blah blah. What you still don't seem to understand is that you don't speak for everyone.

If something like that bothers you, you really are in the wrong game. This game is not exactly about competition amongst players.
LOL. Every single facet of the game involves competition between users or Fellowships. Just because you can't have a direct impact on someone else's city doesn't mean it's not competitive.

Now you come whining -sorry, but that's how I see it- about other players doing maybe 9.000KP/week. I have my doubts about that claim, but really don't care enough to look into it.
Again... LOL. Explain how you'd get 600,000 AW ranking points in a little over a year by any other means. I'll wait.

DeletedUser2870

Yeah, we got that. You've stated your opinion blah blah blah. What you still don't seem to understand is that you don't speak for everyone.
You really seem to have a problem with people disagreeing with you. I do not claim to speak for everyone. YOU are the one claiming I do so, without even a single shred of evidence. I never claimed to do so. Not anywhere, in any post, in any forum for any game.
So I dare you to show me one quote of mine doing so, or retract this as I really don't care for such claims from you.

LOL. Every single facet of the game involves competition between users or Fellowships. Just because you can't have a direct impact on someone else's city doesn't mean it's not competitive.
Simply not true.
Interaction is possible, but there is no way to boycot players, attack them or harm them or even delay them the tiniest bit, though there are some ways in which one can help others. But that is a choice, not a requirement. Me taking trades, giving NH, or not doing so does not hinder anyone. It can benefit, but not hinder. That already makes it less of a competition.There is no scarcity of resources one has to compete for.
It isn't as if you cannot get to provinces I've completed. It's not as if one has to get resources from the world-map and it's a race to get them. It's not as if you cannot do a tourney province I already completed if we're neighbours. What you produce or not is entirely up to you and there is nothing any other player can do to limit you in that. How many provinces you do in a tourney is up to your own resources and style of play. Nothing I can do can influence that negatively, though one can sponsor it by trading goods. That however makes it less of a competition, not more.
As far as it is a competition, that purely exists in the mind of the player. YOU may feel it is a competetion. And I know there are a lot of players who do. I've known several. However, there are a lot of players who chose this game precisely because it is not competetive and contains no PvP element.
There are very few competetive elements to the game. The ranking points, the tourney ranking, the event ranking. But those are elements of the game, not the definition of the game, nor the defining factor of the game. And again, how well you do in them is in no way influenced by other players trying to hinder you.

Again... LOL. Explain how you'd get 600,000 AW ranking points in a little over a year by any other means. I'll wait.
See the one below. But basically, throwing money at the game is one way. Using spells to boost production is another. Especially when combined with intensive tourney play. I've known 2 Russians for instance who played competetively to do about 50 provinces each week. 50 provinces a week means 68 kps, +11 kps/province for provinces 9 and up, so 68=(39x11)=497 kps/week from the tourney alone, not counting the KP instants from the chests.
Of course, 600.000 in one year does seem excessive and rather impossible during normal play. But so far that's an unsubstantiated claim. Your claims go up each time you post. First it was everyone over 100.000 rp in AWs who you assumed to cheat. Now you claim someone added 600.000 rp in one year. What is it going to be tomorrow? The fact you claim I said I speak for everyone while I've never done so does not exactly help me believe this particular claim.

Already proven. Reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
No, NOT proven. Comprehensive reading obviously is not your strong point, to quote someone. PROVE to me that someone did not pay a few thousand dollars to buy those KPs, then PROVE that they have not been running MM spells pretty much all the time until they all were maxed to boost goodsproduction to buy KPS that way.
You make an assumption. I will grant it is suspicious, very suspicious even, but you have not proven anything. I told you in my last post that unless you have access to the financial records and the amounts of goods used to buy kps you have a suspicion. A suspicion, no matter how strong, is not proof.

DeletedUser20951

Amazing how you two argue over nothingness. Please continue! :D
Oh, thank you! : ) I would, but the low-key trolling they employ (and that I imitate to emphasize) exhausts me quickly, and I can't keep it up for long.
Every forum has to have a pompous know-it-all who speaks for everyone, permits none to challenge his truth, and expects sycophantic acknowledgement of the prodigious wisdom imparted in his every word and thought... can you think of anyone who fits that description? :D
I like you.

I have a question. It's snarky, no doubt, but regardless of that, I would like to know what the consensus is. What is a more worthwhile use of your time? Bringing up an issue that causes you discomfort and unease but that many feel is minor, or expending a great deal of effort to speak of how you believe such a minor thing to be of no consequence and that others should conform to this view of wasted effort? You know, complaining about someone complaining about something you insist to be less than the value of nothing? This is what baffles me, not why a person feels one way or another, but the manifestation of this supposed "not caring". It's loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.