• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just wondering why we tolerate cheaters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeledo

My understanding, the INNO ideal is not to punish but to prevent pushing by establishing certain built-in features. There are levels of pushing and no one really cares about an occasional lopsided trade. Some FS run contests where KP is given away. I recently had 135 gifted to me for my work in getting first place in our FA and not the first time gifted KP for FA work. What I want to see permanently banned are folks who build entire cities for the sole reason to funnel KP. It is easy to identify who these egregious violators are in the three worlds I am in. Let INNO start there. If INNO does not enforce its own rules, then they should refund every dime they took in. They offer a game with specific rules, claim to enforce them and do not. That constitutes fraud.

DeletedUser10563

My understanding, the INNO ideal is not to punish but to prevent pushing by establishing certain built-in features. There are levels of pushing and no one really cares about an occasional lopsided trade. Some FS run contests where KP is given away. I recently had 135 gifted to me for my work in getting first place in our FA and not the first time gifted KP for FA work. What I want to see permanently banned are folks who build entire cities for the sole reason to funnel KP. It is easy to identify who these egregious violators are in the three worlds I am in. Let INNO start there. If INNO does not enforce its own rules, then they should refund every dime they took in. They offer a game with specific rules, claim to enforce them and do not. That constitutes fraud.

I agree with you Mikeledo. As you know me well from my Fellowship. And yes some folks build entire cities for the sole purpose of funneling KP to their main city but then their are those who create entire Fellowship and take the Fellowship into a tourny then funnel all the tourny instants into their main city wonders. Report after report has been sent in to support along with prof of this with screen shots yet nothing seems to change. Some of us follow the rules of this game and some like myself run our Fellowship by these set out rules. There are some amazing players in this game that deserved to be recognized for their efforts but can not even come close to gaining any rewards as long as the players who use full fellowships to push are allowed to continue. This is very frustrating for me as an Arch Mage as how can I continue to encourage my crew to give their all when we can in no way compete with cheaters of this size. INNO wrote the rules for this game and you are correct Mikeledo when you say that they are in violation for their own rules. And you are also correct when saying they should refund every penny because they allow these cheaters to continue and there fore INNO is in turn cheating all players of this game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
you people should really go read the general terms and conditions of the game you are playing

I'm right there with you! My husband & niece have smaller cities. They are not all that into this game because my husband plays a game he has had for years and our niece thinks this game is too slow for her taste. Both of their cities are growing slowly but if they don't feel like playing this game they will log on, start productions and give me their KP to keep from wasting it until they reach a point their buildings are upgraded and they can progress. I have also done the same for other players not in my main city but in the 2 worlds that I have had for a long time but don't always play so they get tech locked. Frankly, that is none of anybody else's business! This witch hunt has gotten really, really old! I cannot imagine wasting my time trying to track down who is donating what to other players' AW. I am fully aware that there are players higher ranked then me who probably have several push accounts. There are also players ranked much lower than me with twice the AW ranking points. So what??? I am currently #11 on E world and was up to #8 not long ago. That fact does absolutely nothing to effect my daily game play. My city is the way it is because I am impatient. That is why I have a blue city. I also have personal goals to have all of the AW and to stay in the top 20. I have had those personal goals for at least a couple of the years I have played. My personal opinion is that many of the players, but not all, who scream the loudest want to start playing a year or more later than the top ranked players and since they will take a prolonged period of time to "catch" the top ranked players they fixate on this as the reason why. I would bet 9 times out of 10 that by the time they have played for the 3 years I have in this game and if they want to invest the same myriad of time & money & effort into their game then they will also be in the top 20.

The short version is Get A Life & Mind Your Own Business. This is a game. It is supposed to be fun. Stop searching for reasons to be stressed & unhappy about it and you will be much happier. I know nobody who plays the victim who is anything but unhappy.

DeletedUser13313

I'm currently ranked 172 :) using a small amount of currency and no push cities.. so in my mind.. I'm a top ranked player in the 20th ranked ship in Winyandor.. none of my members use push cities.. so in the same logic we are a top ranked ship.. I had a member leave to go to a top 5 ranked ship because he was sure it would help him reach #1.. they do more 10 chest tournaments than we do so yes that probably helped him.. but he's only 20-30 spots above me.. a member of my ship reports cheaters and has claimed to me that they do get removed. Btw what's going on with Elvenstats? :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nope. Most of the ocean isn't actually blue. Blue is where the Eagles soar :D

Heh, I guess there are people here who do not deal with other free-to-play games besides this one, or are pretending to not get it. lol

A whale is the name given to players who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in free-to-play games. Players who spend small amounts, maybe 10 or 20 dollars at a time are tuna or dolphins. And players who never spend any real money on a game are the guppies.

So whales live in the blue cities with all the magic buildings. :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Heh, I guess there are people here who do not deal with other free-to-play games besides this one, or are pretending to not get it. lol

A whale is the name given to players who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in free-to-play games. Players who spend small amounts, maybe 10 or 20 dollars at a time are tuna or dolphins. And players who never spend any real money on a game are the guppies.

So whales live in the blue cities with all the magic buildings. :)

I have played online games for at least a decade and never heard people called that. For the first time I can honest say that I'm glad to be a whale :cool: Like it or not, these games are more enjoyable when you spend cash. I will just stay grateful that I have always had the expendable cash to buy whatever in game perks I want :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have played online games for at least a decade and never heard people called that.
The use of "whale" when referring to a big spender predates the internet. It emerged decades ago in gambling to refer to a player with lots of money who didn't particularly care whether they win or loose. For the modern usage in online games, there's a fairly nice introductory article here.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The use of "whale" when referring to a big spender predates the internet. It emerged decades ago in gambling to refer to a player with lots of money who didn't particularly care whether they win or loose. For the modern usage in online games, there's a fairly nice introductory article here.

Wow! I never knew I was in that small of a % of players. I read some of that article and it is interesting. I guess I'll just take whale as a sideways compliment although I'm thinking it is actually meant as an insult in the context of the forum. Oh Well!

Edited because I'm tired of feeling like l should explain

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I guess I'll just take whale as a sideways compliment although I'm thinking it is actually meant as an insult in the context of the forum.

Of the people who are most likely to look down on whales ( btw I never heard that term before either, but got it from context because I knew it in Vegas terms ) 10% are purists who think the game should be played the hard way. The other 90% are people who wish they could be whales. ( in previous games I heard people complain about "Visa Players" in those same tones)

DeletedUser19723

Of the people who are most likely to look down on whales ( btw I never heard that term before either, but got it from context because I knew it in Vegas terms ) 10% are purists who think the game should be played the hard way. The other 90% are people who wish they could be whales. ( in previous games I heard people complain about "Visa Players" in those same tones)

This whole "whale thing" is fascinating. Who'd have ever thought that asking about a "blue city" would yield this information. Visa players? Don't they know there is also American Express, and PayPal? ;)
I get the 90% and 10%; but what about the % who would like to be whales but simply don't have the funds to do so? Where do they fit into the equation? Not trying to rock the boat - Just wondering :p

An aside: From my own experiences with online gaming and those of my friends, it seems that spending money on a game depends on the game, your level of patience, and your funds. I remember the Farmville heydays where spending money to buy premium horses was big. I have a few friends who pay money to win in online match three games. Look at the HUGE success of Candy Crush and the like. At least in city building games like Elvenar, if you spend cash you get more than 5 more moves to hopefully beat a difficult level. JMO, please don't shoot me. (Oh, no! I just realized. I won't spend money on match three games. Does that make me a MGP?)

DeletedUser20951

I doubt I'll ever consider spending money to be playing a game, although it is a competition of sorts... one in which the field is completely unequal and requires no actual game skill, but I care little about what others do if it doesn't affect me personally. I do believe advancing with diligence, patience, and strategy is of greater worth, provides more satisfaction, and I don't understand the appeal of buying progress. It simply does not compute with my rationality on the matter, nor match up with why I play games in the first place, yet we all chase our own forms of contentment snake oil.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The availability of a game's premium currency through means other than spending real money also tends to shape the view of whether whales are good or bad. This game gives a decent supply of diamonds to people who never spend a penny, so whales here are more benign. Also, items in this game that can only be bought with real money are very rare right now, and limited in number, so that aspect of a whale who can spend a bunch of money on items that cannot be gotten any other way does not really exist in this game either. But there are plenty of other games where the cash-only items are much more common and the players who spend little or no money on the game come to resent the whales, even though many of those games continue to exist only because of the spending of the whales.

As for the actual topic and whales, can you imagine what it would be like here if there were a real, tangible reward for our ranking. If in-game prizes were awarded at the end of each year to the top 100 or 1000? Then this game would warp from "whales are alright" to "whales are evil and are buying their ranking."

Status
Not open for further replies.