• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just wondering why we tolerate cheaters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-inf3rno

(edit) It's certainly a strong indication, but not definite proof. Unless you want Inno to release their financial records to proof that person did not spend a few thousand dollars on buying Kps for diamonds (and no, that price stays stable, it does not increase each time it is used).

Ye, we had the same argument a few months ago. Just telling you that 100k kp is 4.5M diamonds, which might be around $25000. But ofc. it is possible to buy that much, if you want to spend that much money on a browser game. People rarely do that, meanwhile you can easily catch them donating from their pushing cities. Inno does not have to release finantial info, just write a program that detects KP pushing. But now that it is allowed nobody cares.

ET-inf3rno

crystal.png

At last I managed to be first on tourney! :) Interesting, most first pagers weren't cheaters this time, sauceman is the only one. I think the new pets along with the tourney buildings make a big difference. Still it was really expensive, I think I spent around 500 hours of time boosters for training troops, maybe even more. I could have done around 16500 TP, I just did not have the time. I was lucky that nobody else really pushed.

DeletedUser2870

Ye, we had the same argument a few months ago. Just telling you that 100k kp is 4.5M diamonds, which might be around $25000. But ofc. it is possible to buy that much, if you want to spend that much money on a browser game. People rarely do that, meanwhile you can easily catch them donating from their pushing cities. Inno does not have to release finantial info, just write a program that detects KP pushing. But now that it is allowed nobody cares.

Which is exactly the point. When it is a rule, but is not enforced, it hardly is worthy of being called a rule. If it then is stated that it's not a rule anymore it means that it practically is allowed and thus no longer is considered cheating, but an option open to everyone.

Just as a quick -and by no way complete- rough estimate; just logging in to reset factories and workshops, then donating the regular hourly kps takes about 3-4 minutes/city. The donating can only be done on the pc, and loadtimes seem to be much longer than the app.
So having 10 push cities would mean about 30-40 minutes, for 100 kp. Doing that twice a day would take just over an hour and double it to about 200kp per day one could donate. Even on 5days/week that's 1000kp/week and that's if someone isn't using those cities to actually work in tourneys to get even more kps from there.
I can see that would have a major effect for a relatively small amount of time invested.
But if Inno declares it's 'not done' but there are no real consequenses it's hard to see how that can be stopped. The only real way to have it stop I can think of is having huge numbers of players doing the same, resulting in all those players starting to ask about extra AW levels. That might get their attention. But other than that I'm not really hopeful of Inno taking an interest.

ET-inf3rno

Which is exactly the point. When it is a rule, but is not enforced, it hardly is worthy of being called a rule. If it then is stated that it's not a rule anymore it means that it practically is allowed and thus no longer is considered cheating, but an option open to everyone.

Just as a quick -and by no way complete- rough estimate; just logging in to reset factories and workshops, then donating the regular hourly kps takes about 3-4 minutes/city. The donating can only be done on the pc, and loadtimes seem to be much longer than the app.
So having 10 push cities would mean about 30-40 minutes, for 100 kp. Doing that twice a day would take just over an hour and double it to about 200kp per day one could donate. Even on 5days/week that's 1000kp/week and that's if someone isn't using those cities to actually work in tourneys to get even more kps from there.
I can see that would have a major effect for a relatively small amount of time invested.
But if Inno declares it's 'not done' but there are no real consequenses it's hard to see how that can be stopped. The only real way to have it stop I can think of is having huge numbers of players doing the same, resulting in all those players starting to ask about extra AW levels. That might get their attention. But other than that I'm not really hopeful of Inno taking an interest.

Hmm interesting. Somebody told me pushing was removed from rules, but it is still in game rules on forum. https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/game-rules.701/ Btw you can relative easily write a bot for login and donation, so pushing can be done automatically too. What I find really interesting, that some of these pushing cities typically donate 1-200kp to the pushed city. So somehow they manage to collect more than just that daily 1-20 kp with them. Maybe they are playing tourney too. That takes a lot more time and dedication than just pushing with the daily kp.

Lyinaral

I am in a Fellowship that gets the 10th chest every week for awhile now, but we work very hard to get it. We share information about troops & if someone needs goods if they have to cater, we help them with that. We work together in tournents, events & FAs. otherwise you get no where. When I started I was in a Fellowship, that didn't talk or help their members, I was ready to quit when a person asked me to join their fellowship, so I did & have been growing ever since. Yes a lot of people spend a lot of real money to play this game, and if they do I say thank you, cause that is what Inno has to have to continue putting the game out. Yes I spend a small amount myself, not much as some do. We also have some that have played this game for awhile, & on other worlds, they let us know what worked for them and it has helped. So for my 2 cents worth, a lot depends on what fellowship you are in and how that fellowship works, as to how your city will grow and do.

DeletedUser20951

I LOVE IT,Glad to know it's not only me>>>>>>>>>................
Definitely not just you! WE ARE NOT ALONE. I actually genuinely believe that everything is an exercise in futility, but don't see any benefit of insisting it be recognized, nor do I have a problem with being disagreed with. Some seem to suffer almost physical pain at the thought of others not sharing their views, though, and seek to silence opposing standpoints in a demeaning manner, which is where my feathers get ruffled, the disrespect shown. You don't have to run down a different opinion in order to lift up your own. *chokes on laughter* I know, I know, the vast majority of anybody who discusses anything nowadays never got that memo. XD

mikeledo

We know these folks are not spending that kind of money. They make no efforts to hide the fact they use push accounts. The names and avatars give them away. Also, they don't hide who donates KP to their AWs. You click on the AW and you see all the names of the folks who donate to it with no reciprocal donation. They don't even have the sense to wait until they have all the KP to upgrade an AW, then add and upgrade to hide the fact they use push accounts. What I really hate are people who request KP on the KP from their FS to feed AWS so their push cities can get all the top honors, That is just a selfish player. Have enough respect for your fellow players to divide the two up. Push accounts in one AW, KP chain in another.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Definitely not just you! WE ARE NOT ALONE. I actually genuinely believe that everything is an exercise in futility, but don't see any benefit of insisting it be recognized, nor do I have a problem with being disagreed with. Some seem to suffer almost physical pain at the thought of others not sharing their views, though, and seek to silence opposing standpoints in a demeaning manner, which is where my feathers get ruffled, the disrespect shown. You don't have to run down a different opinion in order to lift up your own. *chokes on laughter* I know, I know, the vast majority of anybody who discusses anything nowadays never got that memo. XD

well this is just about the stoopidest thing i ever heard
you are wrong about everything

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't think everything is an exercise in futility, but lots of things are, and some more than others. Letting futile things eat away at us seems counterproductive. I don't know what complaining about other people offering their opinions is, I've never done so. Now if they word their opinions as though they are facts, then I'm in it for the whole run.

Status
Not open for further replies.