• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Keep hot keys consistent for level 32 Manufactories

Palavyn

Since I play in multiple worlds, the use of hot keys is important to save time. For the low level manufactory, they are as follows:
1: 3 h production
2: 9 h production
3: 1 d production
4: 2 d production
Typing the number starts the production, rather than having to click on the corresponding icon.
Planks.PNG

The addition of sentient goods was an annoyance, as 3 and 4 were re-assigned for sentient goods, as follows;
1: 3 h basic (no change)
2: 9 h basic (no change)
3: 3 h sentient (1d basic is no longer an option)
4: 9 h sentient (2d basic is no longer an option)
Sometimes I make the mistake of producing basic goods when I mean to do sentient, and vice-versa. But that was something that I could live with.

Behold, this is the punishment you get for having the audacity to upgrade to level 32!
planks32.PNG

The hotkeys are as follows:
1: 3 h basic
2: 3 h sentient (changed from 9h basic)
3: 3 h ascendant (changed from 3h sentient)
4: 9 h basic (changed from 9h sentient)
5: 9 h sentient (new)
6: 9 h ascendant (new)
The ONLY hot key that remains the same is 1. ALL the others are re-assigned. I'm seriously considering teleporting this manufactory and not upgrading any of the others to save myself from the inevitable frustration.

I hope something is done to make this situation less frustrating. I offer TWO suggestions, A and B, with A being the preferred as it would reduce my frustration with sentient manufactories.

Suggestion A) Use three tabs; Basic, Sentient, and Ascended. Each tab would have the four original options (3h, 9h, 1d, and 3d). When we open the manufactory, it will open to the tab that best fits what someone would probably want to produce. For example, if planks is your basic boost, your planks manufactories would open to the basic tab. If Elven tree gum is your sentient boosted good, they would open to the Sentient tab. If sprouts is your ascended boosted good, they would open to the Ascended tab. You could produce any of the other goods if you wanted, you'd just have to switch tabs and CLICK on the corresponding option. We would also have the option of choosing 1d and 2d productions again.

Suggestion B) Set the hot keys 1-6 to the following:
1: 3 hour Basic
2: 9 hour Basic (This has been changed to 3 hour sentient, which makes no sense IMO)
3: 3 hour Sentient (This has been changed to 3 hour ascended, which is going to be a headache if I upgrade any sentient manufactories)
4: 9 hour Sentient (This has been changed to 9 hour basic, which is messed up)
5: 3 hour Ascended
6: 9 hour Ascended
In particular, return hot keys 2, 3, and 4 to what they previously were.

I very much would prefer suggestion A, but hopefully something is done to address this issue.

Last edited:

GoldenGoose

Can you please provide screenshots to help the community who has not gotten to that chapter yet better understand what you're suggesting? The first suggestion you make sounds like it may be reasonable, but since I have not gotten to that chapter, I am unsure of the layout of the buttons that you are talking about.

restrict manufactories so that once they are upgraded to level 32, they can ONLY produce their boosted good.
Personally, I would prefer this not be done. This means we have to rely solely on trade when we get to higher levels, and while players usually don't recommend that you produce unboosted sentient goods, sometimes all you need are a few hundred of an unboosted sentient resource, and that can easily be made in a manufactury. Doing this would likely require a rework of the boosted system, and that would take a lot of effort.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
sometimes all you need are a few hundred of an unboosted sentient resource, and that can easily be made in a manufactury.
A few things with this
1. you can use the wholesaler for this situation
2. since you make at least 8x as much with boosted buildings you can surely find someone in the world to take a 7:1 trade which would be better for you than making unboosted
3. There are timer instants if you are truly desperate to help you with #1&2 above.

Palavyn

Can you please provide screenshots to help the community who has not gotten to that chapter yet better understand what you're suggesting?
Done

Personally, I would prefer this not be done. This means we have to rely solely on trade when we get to higher levels, and while players usually don't recommend that you produce unboosted sentient goods, sometimes all you need are a few hundred of an unboosted sentient resource, and that can easily be made in a manufactury. Doing this would likely require a rework of the boosted system, and that would take a lot of effort.
I modified the suggestion to allow for producing unboosted goods.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Thanks for pointing out the hotkeys Palavyn, I hadn't realised there were any. But I fully agree with your suggestion., there should be consistency between them.