• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Kick-Outs, Pop-Ups, & other Irritations

DeletedUser4778

For the nth time, I've been kicked out of the game just as I was about to complete a quest crucial to the next quests which come right after and also right before finishing 2 residence upgrades which I badly need the quest rewards for since my coins are really low after buying KPs. I've been trying to get back on for more than an hour using 3 different browsers but nothing. At most, it loads up to 11% and then displays "Server Error" in the progress bar. The previous times I got kicked out this week, I was supremely irritated to discover the annoying popup asking me to spend diamonds when I'm rushing to hit the next quest setup or completion. I understand that the company needs to make money but there's a better way of asking players to buy diamonds without kicking them out, especially in a game where time is so precious and during an event where timing is so important towards fulfilling so many quests at a good pace. I'm just glad I don't have a scout or building about to finish only to not have it count like what has happened to me multiple times. What's it gonna be this time when I finally get back in? Back research? Multiple diamond and mod popups? Aside from this, making visits has been agonizingly slow since Sunday. Sheesh. They really need to come up with a faster way of allowing players to give NH.

I'm also quite ticked off at the inflexibility in this game from time (production options, tournament times, etc) to choices (research, buildings, etc). I wish events and tourneys would start when we sign in to accommodate players in different time zones and demanding schedules. They can make a building not finish construction when you're away so you lose out on the resources it could have generated. I don't mind now if it's a residence although I definitely did when I was newer because I was always running out of coins then. However, I do mind when it involves granite. They can give a slider for military production but not for all other production types. They say fighting will always be optional but there's no option about doing lots of military research or selling the barracks. They can do all sorts of things such as impose an orc wall and even a safe zone, introduce what feels like cardboard copies of battle units and military balderdash, and make lots of diamond and mod in-game pop-ups...but they can't do other things to help players by giving more useful info, helping players save time, and allowing players more ways of having fun instead of restricting it. I like challenges but I'm feeling more and more that they're just out to give me a hard time for no reason that I can swallow and want me to play only one way and it's their way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5251

They really need to come up with a faster way of allowing players to give NH.
Seriously. I spend at least an hour a day doing visits between neighbors and fellowship, and only a small fraction of them visit me every day. They either need to make it less of a hassle or make it more rewarding to compensate you for the time you spend.

It seems like the developers of this game get a special kind of satisfaction from finding ways to suck up all our time before we can do anything we want. You need to scout a province? No problem, that'll only take 2 days. Need to upgrade a building? Coming right up, in 19 hours. Really need to get that supperior main hall tech so you can upgrade your main hall and stop running into storage issues every single time you collect coins and supplies? Well, go ahead, just first spend 5 days filling these worthless technologies for non-boosted goods buildings you aren't ever planning to build or battle improvements you don't want because they don't actually help win battles against outrageously unfair advantages, with knowledge points. Want to collect your goods and start a new production? Over in a jiff, just click on every single building, twice, but not too close together or you have to start over again, then click one of the woefully inadequate choices for each freaking building, but make sure you're back here in exactly 3 hours or you're just wasting your time. What to fight and win an encounter? We'll taunt you with the "auto fight" option that is just a painted over "admit defeat more quickly" button. And instead we'll suck up a good 15 minutes per encounter for you to loose most, if not all of your troops, by making you fight manually with your ineffectual troops against much bigger and stronger armies. But don't worry, we'll give you inspirational quotes every time you log in about how knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your troops can defeat even bigger armies while we laugh ourselves silly at the improbability of it all.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant.

I wish events and tourneys would start when we sign in to accommodate players in different time zones and demanding schedules.
This is a great idea, and I don't see why it would be that hard to implement. If you think about it, people who work normal business hours or go to school are prevented from finishing all 6 rounds of a tournament simply because it starts in the middle of a work day. (at least in the U.S.) If it would start when I log in that day, I could schedule all 6 rounds around my work schedule.

They can give a slider for military production but not for all other production types.
Who even uses the slider for military production unless you're doing a quest that requires a specific number of troops? Talk about unnecessary. Especially now that training troops is pointless if all the battles are unwinnable. Meanwhile, players have been begging for more choice in production times since I started playing the game. Either give us more options or implement the slider or do something that suggests you even listen when we talk.

DeletedUser4778

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant.

Others may call it a rant but I think it's valid criticism. Besides, I started it. :p

This is a great idea, and I don't see why it would be that hard to implement. If you think about it, people who work normal business hours or go to school are prevented from finishing all 6 rounds of a tournament simply because it starts in the middle of a work day. (at least in the U.S.) If it would start when I log in that day, I could schedule all 6 rounds around my work schedule.

I find the starting time weird because it's morning in the U.S. when people have to leave for work, afternoon in Europe when they are presumably at work, and way past midnight for me in Asia when most people are asleep. It's probably skewed towards Europeans who have really long lunches and can play in the middle of the workday.

Who even uses the slider for military production unless you're doing a quest that requires a specific number of troops? Talk about unnecessary.

I actually tried that slider for ALL military unit types I had because it was said in an announcement that it would be faster to train troops if they had shorter production times. Well, guess what the amazing results were? 1 bloody unit for doing the equivalent of beverages in your barracks. 1 amazing outstanding stupendous Godzilla of a unit. Someone else tried it and got the same results as me. Sheesh. This game really has such low rewards in exchange for such great effort.

UPDATE 1: Got back into the game 3 freaking hours later. Not even 5 minutes in and my absolute favorite of a Stream Error comes up. I swear, clicking on the World Map or Research icons after I've just logged in makes me close my eyes in weariness at the slowness and tedium of it all. I haven't finished NH yet which means I now have to stay up at an ungodly hour to do it tomorrow like I'm doing now. Ungodly? Oh wait, it's tourney tomorrow, well, later for me, I'll be up at an ungodly hour anyway. :mad:

UPDATE 2: Aaaand it's server errors again. This better NOT take another 3 hours because I should have been in bed hours ago. I didn't even get to collect the goods to fulfill the last few parts of the Flurry event.

DeletedUser3696

Not to defend Inno, but you can get all 6 rounds in a tournament even if you start 8-10 hours into it. It just means on day 3 you need to do the first thing in the morning and last thing at night, instead of day 2.

DeletedUser5251

If I start at 7pm, when I get home from work, it won't be available again until 11am, when I am at work, and can't complete until 7pm. Rinse and repeat through round 4 on Friday night. Then, on Saturday when I can actually play all day, it ends at 11am.

If I could only knock that first round out before work on Tuesday, I'd be ok, but it doesn't start until 11am in my time zone. Alternately, if I could wait to start the clock ticking on the tournament until I got home from work, I would at least have time to finish a round on Saturday.

It's not like this for every tournament. sometimes I get a real lunch break and I can knock out a round. But tax season is about to start and I won't have free time in the office until sometime in April.

DeletedUser4778

Not to defend Inno, but you can get all 6 rounds in a tournament even if you start 8-10 hours into it. It just means on day 3 you need to do the first thing in the morning and last thing at night, instead of day 2.

Yes, that's possible, but not always. I actually don't mind this so much because I don't care for the last round which usually involves runes (and is super expensive to cater and super hard or impossible for me to win) as I'm not that interested in AWs yet -- but this is going to change once I've unlocked the Mountain Halls.

DeletedUser1987

Ah.... at least for gathering you don't need to click individually. Just click and drag... as long as the first click is on a building to be collected you can drag your mouse over all the buildings and click everything.

I agree with the frustration over restricting choices.

The only manufactories I really, really like the way they look are the elven crystal manufactories. I absolutely loathe the orc magic dust manufactories.

Guess which boost I have gotten exactly once (on the one human city I made to test something, not an elf city!) in five cities on us and one in beta? And which boost I've gotten three times in five cities on us and one in beta?

I would love the opportunity to change one boost, to adjust how I want my city to look. After all, isn't this a city building game? We choose elf or human aesthetics, but the aesthetics found in the later manufactory levels are completely different depending on which boost you got, and it can't be changed.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
They will keep changing as we upgrade them through further chapters, so it's not as bad as it seems, it will just take awhile. I don't like my human steel factory at the dwarven level ( looks like they had a long night with to much alcohol), but I know they get upgraded again at wood elves so will just have to wait and see what they look like then.

DeletedUser5251

I used to like my steel factories until they turned into Trump Towers.

They're just covered in so much gold, they look more like gaudy palaces than factories.

DeletedUser43

I've got magic dust as a boost on my beta account. No way I am going to build those things up to the max level. They are gross!

DeletedUser2191

I've got magic dust as a boost on my beta account. No way I am going to build those things up to the max level. They are gross!

My level 19 marbles have a moustachioed dude blowing smoke out his mouth lol, least they're not that ugly gold/ yellow color like the steel factories.

DeletedUser4778

Hm, eye of the beholder. They don't look so bad to me although they do lead me to suppose that magic dust comes from shrooms of joy or psycho shrooms.