• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Kinda at a loss, combat?

DeletedUser9131

(First, just wanna say sorry for flooding GD with several posts.)

So I hit chapter 2, got my scout, and started to explore more provinces.

However, I'm still at a point where I don't stand a chance against my enemies. My squad size is 24, and the enemies are 100, and their hp is at around 6k, and 1-2k dmg.

What raises the squad size, or should I not even bother fighting?

Some people said it was because of the fact I was exploring to far without scouts researched, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I want to start fighting, because I'm making sure my barracks isn't idle(lvl4) and because I'm at a need to constantly trade for marble and planks If I want to negotiate with the enemy.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How many provinces have you cleared? How many do you need to get into the next chapter? You can check this by looking at the chest at the end of your chapter.
Your squad sizes increase with "squad size" techs.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
What raises the squad size, or should I not even bother fighting?

With your squad size in provincial fights you should not try fighting, see graphic below (from guide) to explain difficulty. The good news is tournament combat is a good option for you.
Combat_Difficulty.jpg

As to your squad size, only technologies will increase this. Which means if you can't increase this faster you need to look at enemy squad sizes

The enemy squad sizes are impacted by 2 things
  1. Advanced Scouts tech - This decreases squad sizes for provinces not yet scouted.
  2. Distance from town - This increases the enemy squad size

Earlier on in the game you have only a small amount of provinces beyond the chests at the end of each chapter that you can fight. This number of provinces increases more and more as you progress.

If you plan to fight in the provinces you will need to let your techs catch up. Alternatively a lot of people dont fight in the provinces and just scout as much as possible. If you choose to do this you will hit a negotiating wall at ring 11 which will force you to slow down. Tournament combats are fixed ratios so combat is an option.

Deleted User - 1178646

don't be to dishearted about the world map.

In my personal opinion you better ignore fighting on the world map. advancing on the world map is to beneficial to wait for your troops to catch up.
Expansions and later in the game your wonders and even some guestrace goods are depending on how many provincies you have unlocked. so the more you have unlocked the better.

With combat the amount of provinces you are able to unlock is very limited. so it's wise to focus on producing as much goods as you possibly can and use them to unlock as much provinces as fast as possible.

So are your barracks, just for show?
No luckily there is another place you can empty your frustration by bashing in the heads of orcs, collecting bandit scalps, crushing thieves there dreams, and burning some smelly trees for some.

As long as you're a member of a fellowship every tuesday the tournaments will start, this is a daily event that lasts 5 consecutive days.
Each round your advancing to the enemies become gradually stronger.
The tournaments are an excellent place for you to aquire more knowledge points, relics, runes and spells. and as a fellowhip combined there are also more rewards to earn.

enjoy the game
-CW

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
There are a few cases early on that you can win against extraordinary odds. One of these is in a steel province where you can face only heavy melee using your light ranged (archer/crossbowman). The early stages have less variance of enemies so these niche fights are not unheard of.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Spartan092, follow the wise words of CrazyWizard. As for me, I've given up fighting for a while since the new Battle System became active because my troops are outnumbered. According to Liam Aird (Noffe) Elvenar Support, I've scouted too far. If you have not reached the Orcs & Goblins Chapter 8, and you are having difficulty winning battles, do not scout past ring 10. Starting in ring 11 (Province 222), Orcs are needed to trade. To find out what ring you are in, either count the hexes from your city or open an Encounter and look at the Ranking points completing that encounter will give you.

But not being able to fight hasn't stopped me from enjoying the game. Here's some of the creatures I've encountered, who I used to be able to intimidate. Now all I can do is negotiate. Hope this cheers you up.

Dangerous & Beautiful Creatures Out 'N' About In Elvenar

Oh my! Came across a Ferocious Swamp Monster lurking in the Steel Province. He has a Special Ability: Mud Blow. He can throw some mud into your eyes, decreasing defense for 2 rounds. Hey, isn’t that dirty fighting? I’m pretty good at dodging mud but he is accompanied by two Thornrose Mages. They can cast the Thorn Winds spell. When you get hit by this type of spell, you are peppered with enchanted thorns that suck the strength out of you for 3 rounds. Yiiii!

While strolling in the Scrolls Province, came across an evil mage called an Abbot. He can cast Pretended Pacifism. An evil curse disguised as a sermon about peace to lower your attack power for 2 rounds. All these dangerous beasties are going to be a challenge to defeat.

But no need to fear. There is also beauty here. Dragons are employed in Level 24 Workshops to help with the shipping. When they deliver a package to you, please no tipping. Elvenar has a University you must see. Where younglings attend classes taught by a dragon reading them a story.

Need some goods at a reasonable fee? Stop by the Blooming Trader Guild. It’s always buzzzzzzing with activity. Halflings do not like to brandish arms. Gardeners they be, tending their Grape Farms.

As I’ve said before and will say many times more, the artistry and animation of Elvenar’s buildings are sweet nectar for the eyes.
As we elves say, Have a tree mendously fun day.