• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Knowledge point beyond max

DeletedUser1208

Is there a limit to KP beyond the max of 10? I understand that if you have 10 and it times out you won't get another 1. Making it 11. What I mean is when you are doing encounters and battles. I've had 12 before. Since I have a quest to spend 12 KP for x amount gold and supplies.

Is there a max you can go? Or do you just have to use them before the timer runs out.

DeletedUser61

• If you get KPs from acquiring sectors, or as prizes from leveling an Ancient Wonder, the counter will overflow without limit.
  • If you try to complete a quest that WOULD exceed 10 KPs, you'll get a warning message.
  • If you already have 10 KPs accumulated, by whatever means, you won't accumulate any more hourly KPs.
Based on a similar situation in Forge of Empires, we expect the next upgrade for the Ancient Wonders to include Knowledge Point awards packets that can be used tactically, while also avoiding the unfortunate circumstance of an AW leveling while you weren't paying attention, and thereby blocking your accumulation of hourly KPs.

DeletedUser

• If you get KPs from acquiring sectors, or as prizes from leveling an Ancient Wonder, the counter will overflow without limit.
  • If you try to complete a quest that WOULD exceed 10 KPs, you'll get a warning message.
  • If you already have 10 KPs accumulated, by whatever means, you won't accumulate any more hourly KPs.
Based on a similar situation in Forge of Empires, we expect the next upgrade for the Ancient Wonders to include Knowledge Point awards packets that can be used tactically, while also avoiding the unfortunate circumstance of an AW leveling while you weren't paying attention, and thereby blocking your accumulation of hourly KPs.

So what about outside of AW?
If you do not use your 10 KP you loose the others beyond that
Is it just AW where you KP's overflow?
Don't mean to sound dense lol, but normally if you don't use them asap you loose them.
Would storage for KP's even be fun? I mean I think they should go to 15 at least, but if you had an unlimited KP "bin"
you wouldn't even play or fight because they would be stored.
And I can't wait to get to AW !
Katwijk....do you KP's really overflow in AW? wow !

DeletedUser

Is there a limit to KP beyond the max of 10? I understand that if you have 10 and it times out you won't get another 1. Making it 11. What I mean is when you are doing encounters and battles. I've had 12 before. Since I have a quest to spend 12 KP for x amount gold and supplies.

Is there a max you can go? Or do you just have to use them before the timer runs out.

You have to use them and you only get 10
I think they should expand it to 15 at least or 20 ;)
would really help !

Jixel

Based on a similar situation in Forge of Empires, we expect the next upgrade for the Ancient Wonders to include Knowledge Point awards packets ...
When is the upgrade scheduled? Will there be any additional changes beside packets?

... as I've noted elsewhere, @Katwijk does not speak for InnoGames or the Developers (or even the Moderators), and therefore knows no more about if or when this new feature might appear in Elvenar than any of the rest of us do. Careful with that "we" up there ...
... and @Katwijk appears to have boundless optimism that useful features from FoE will come to Elvenar sooner rather than later - but if that were true, surely we'd have an easier way to visit our neighours and fellowships by now !

Unfortunately, InnoGames likes to be secretive with their development plans, the first we hear about most new changes is in the Release Notes they post on the day of the upgrade - the only exceptions so far have been the major changes (like the Dwarves as a Guest Race).

DeletedUser

Is it just AW where you KP's overflow?
In terms of my own experience, this has been the case. I was quite perplexed when I got my first donation reward and it pushed my KPs up to twenty.

DeletedUser594

... and @Katwijk appears to have boundless optimism that useful features from FoE will come to Elvenar sooner rather than later - but if that were true, surely we'd have an easier way to visit our neighours and fellowships by now !
When I started there were no fellowships, which was bummer as FoE guilds were so very important. Then there were fellowships but no chat.
There were no great buildings like in FoE before the introduction of the Ancient Wonders. I started playing this past summer so those features,and possibly others that don't jump to mind, were introduced here and have analogous counterparts originating in FoE. Katwijk doesn't have a crystal ball but he does keep his ear to the ground and has as much game knowledge and insight as anyone I've encountered in both these and beta forums.
This game is still in its toddler stages. I imagine a lot of the more useful aspects will find their way over eventually. And don't forget- easier/one click help didn't even exist in a FoE not all that long ago.