• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Knowledge Points stuck in limbo

DeletedUser4821

Currently on the Research option I can't move a centimeter. In order to get anywhere I have to accumulate copious amounts of crystal, supplies, coins, scrolls and silk to unlock a chest and move to a new level. Meanwhile, my Knowledge Points area is full. So I'm wasting precious KP not being built up for when I need them next. I'm scrambling to gain enough coin to slowly begin buying items that I need to move on. Trader isn't helping at the moment and no one is biting for my offer. So the KP stops at 10?

DeletedUser5251

You stop earning KPs by the hour once you reach 10, unless you happen to have an Inspiring Meditation spell, which expands it to 20. However, if you get a KP from neighborly help or quest it will still be added to the total.

This can be a frustrating part of the game, especially if you don't have a fellowship to help you get all the goods you need. In the future you can look ahead to the chest at the end of a level to see what will be required to open it and start planning ahead.

The only advice I can offer is: join a fellowship and see if they can help you get the goods you need. Or reach out to your active neighbors and see if they'll give you a favorable trade in exchange for similar reciprocity in the future.

DeletedUser4821

You stop earning KPs by the hour once you reach 10, unless you happen to have an Inspiring Meditation spell, which expands it to 20. However, if you get a KP from neighborly help or quest it will still be added to the total.

This can be a frustrating part of the game, especially if you don't have a fellowship to help you get all the goods you need. In the future you can look ahead to the chest at the end of a level to see what will be required to open it and start planning ahead.

The only advice I can offer is: join a fellowship and see if they can help you get the goods you need. Or reach out to your active neighbors and see if they'll give you a favorable trade in exchange for similar reciprocity in the future.

Between a rock and a hard place. :) Thank you for the confirmation. Great advice on planning ahead for the next chest. I will remember that.

DeletedUser2963

Another suggestion, build a wonder, this is a great place to sink kp when you get stuck, we all get stuck occasionally. You can also sink kp into the wonder of another player, but be careful about this. Some people do not like it when others donate to their wonder, so a quick message is recommended.

DeletedUser5251

When I first started, I thought I was helping everyone out by adding KPs to their wonders in exchange for trades and NH from people I hadn't yet discovered, until someone kindly pointed out that I was steeling all their rewards. lol

DeletedUser4821

Another suggestion, build a wonder, this is a great place to sink kp when you get stuck, we all get stuck occasionally. You can also sink kp into the wonder of another player, but be careful about this. Some people do not like it when others donate to their wonder, so a quick message is recommended.

I have no idea what this is. I'm pretty much behind everyone and a beginner. I'll check wiki. Thank you. :)

DeletedUser2963

lol, sorry, forgot what's what.

This is the best possible advice. Most players will be more than happy to help you out if you ask. And to be honest many players will help you even if you dont ask...Try putting up some really bad trades...ask for 50 of what you want and offer 13 of what you have for it....these will hit the market as the lowest of the low, zero star trades. As long as you only post a couple they will generally get picked up by bigger players.

DeletedUser4778

Some people do not like it when others donate to their wonder, so a quick message is recommended.

Huh? Why don't people like it? Do they feel obliged to return the favor?

DeletedUser2963

@Draconomicon This is not me, this is other people. What I have heard is that the rewards that players get for donating are for specific FS members, and when someone else comes in and donates they are "stealing" the reward intended for someone else. I personally think that is a load of.....

But I will not give kp to random players because of this. Only in FS and only on round robin thread. Personally it brings me joy when I see a random kp donation.

Oh, I also donate kp to people who donate to me, I figure if they are doing it, they are only doing it to be nice and make me happy, so I share back. If they end up getting specific relics out of it, good for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4821

lol, sorry, forgot what's what.

This is the best possible advice. Most players will be more than happy to help you out if you ask. And to be honest many players will help you even if you dont ask...Try putting up some really bad trades...ask for 50 of what you want and offer 13 of what you have for it....these will hit the market as the lowest of the low, zero star trades. As long as you only post a couple they will generally get picked up by bigger players.

I never thought of doing that. Great advice. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

DeletedUser4778

@Iyapo: Aaaah. It's the rune shards race which makes madmen out of many. I share all of the same opinions as you do. I'm now interested in only 3 AWs and none of them are militaristic, purely economic. Hehe.

DeletedUser2963

I like to fight, but not getting the military AWs either. Right now all I have is the golden abyss, I also want Mountain Halls and the Blooming Trader Guild

DeletedUser4778

I like to fight, but not getting the military AWs either. Right now all I have is the golden abyss, I also want Mountain Halls and the Blooming Trader Guild
We want the exact same 3 things. :D

Thistleknot

Two other wonders you should consider: the Watchtower Ruins and the Prosperity Towers. The Watchtower Ruins gives you good culture and a neighborly help bonus. The Prosperity Towers is a super workshop set for three-hour productions.

I just built the Blooming Trader Guild and I love it. Since I regularly trade excess coin for goods, this has paid off handsomely already.

As far as donating KP to a wonder, I say go for it. If someone gets mad at you for helping them, then phooey on them. It is a chance you take when you donate to a wonder. You may get a bonus back or you may not. There have been a number of times when it looked like a was going to get a bonus and at the last minute someone dumped 20 KP and knocked me out of the running. Oh well. Since you can't block people from donating, don't complain when your FS members get out donated. Maybe they should have worked harder to get a bonus. Besides I've seen wonders completed without the owner putting in a single KP. That's never happened to me. Unfair? Maybe. But that's how things work.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Another wonder set to consider is
Watchtower+lighthouse
One makes culture buffs better, one makes them last longer-- good combo