• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Knowledge Sharing Perk Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi Dave

The FS I'm in is looking at switching to the Knowledge Sharing perk. We will be level 5. The question is what strategies are being used or what ideas are out there for this perk? This thread is for brainstorming and hearing what others have gone through. I think no matter what, there will be a period of chaos when we switch to it. As long as everyone in the FS is respectful of others and understand there will be problems, we can get through most of the chaos. It's part of the process of getting to something that runs smoothly-ish. We run a net0 AW program, but everyone doesn't participate in it. I'm sure not everyone will participate in any KP sharing plan we come up with. So, any plan or set of plans have to be flexible enough to deal with diverse desires/needs of the members. After all, it's their KP to use or lose. Also, we're not interested in the mage team managing it. No cat herding. No beagle herding either.

There have been two main ideas expressed.

1) Cycle through the FS members moving to a different member each day with everyone on putting their KP into that one. The next day moving to the next person. This would be an AW not in the net0 program as it was proposed. The problems would be keeping people straight as to whose day it is and maintaining a list of which members are in the program. There may be more or maybe it's not a problem.

2) The buddy or partner method. You choose someone or small group to swap KP with. This actually sounds like a small version of idea 1 except it doesn't work in lock step. Also, the group can set up their own rules on how to run it. Again, communication is required, but it's a smaller group also several of the chests could be filled by various members of the group and potentially added to the net0 program for finishing. It just starts with several chests already taken. Someone could actually be a member of several groups and use not only the special kp, but regular stuff too.

I know all programs have advantages and drawbacks, so I'm just hoping for some brainstorming and hearing other ideas of how it's been solved or what problems it has created or how it's evolving in your FS or any off the top of the head ideas. I'm certainly not looking for a consensus on how it should be done.

AtaguS

1) Cycle through the FS members moving to a different member each day with everyone on putting their KP into that one. The next day moving to the next person. This would be an AW not in the net0 program as it was proposed. The problems would be keeping people straight as to whose day it is and maintaining a list of which members are in the program. There may be more or maybe it's not a problem.
My understanding of this one is it works best if everyone sticks to the same AW until it is full. Moving to a new player every single day sounds like a headache to me. Cycling through the FS roster filling a flagged AW until it's full seems doable

Yogi Dave

My understanding of this one is it works best if everyone sticks to the same AW until it is full. Moving to a new player every single day sounds like a headache to me.
There is a fatal flaw with this. You put up a 200 kp AW and I put up a 1000 kp one. It's very, very unbalanced that way.

AtaguS

There is a fatal flaw with this. You put up a 200 kp AW and I put up a 1000 kp one. It's very, very unbalanced that way.
Yes, I can see where someone may feel they got less or someone else got more. Inequity issues are never good. I would look at it as "Yay, my AW is full and I didn't put any kp in yet" But this would not be a popular view.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What my fellowship does is that on the first day of the month, everyone dumps the free points in the #1 ranked member's AW. On the 2nd day of the month, the #2 ranked member. So on and so forth. That takes care of the first 25 days of the month. This is our first month doing this and we are actually still debating what to do in the final days of the month.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
In one FS, we added a new thread alongside swaps to cycle through players each day. That only lasted one round through the FS and then the AM was done with extra work. Now it’s free for all. Also, as active as we are overall, not everyone spends their free KPs in time. This means some will end up receiving more KPs than others even if you try to be fair about it.

My other FS uses group wonder building targeting same wonders before perks rolled out so it works very well. We never have to worry about collecting right amount of denominations to dump KPs like in swap threads. It’s optional to enroll but almost everyone joins. KPs get tracked and credited as regular donations. Personally, I don’t worry about fairness. They become the player’s KPs so they can spend them however they want. How people decided to spend their KPs had been up to them before. I see no need to suddenly regulate it now.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
In one FS, we added a new thread alongside swaps to cycle through players each day. That only lasted one round through the FS and then the AM was done with extra work. Now it’s free for all. Also, as active as we are overall, not everyone spends their free KPs in time. This means some will end up receiving more KPs than others even if you try to be fair about it.
If you want to cycle through the entire fellowship, just assign everyone the date of the month which corresponds to their FS ranking. So on the first day of the month your top ranked member gets all the points. On the 2nd day of the month, your #2 ranked member gets them. ECT... Very easy, does not require an extra swap thread or any extra work.

crackie

What if there is upgrading and roster hop scotch happening in the same month though? You could hop out of your turn and then someone else double dip for dropping down to a later date. Isn’t free for all still easiest? ;)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What if there is upgrading and roster hop scotch happening in the same month though? You could hop out of your turn and then someone else double dip for dropping down to a later date. Isn’t free for all still easiest? ;)
Somebody would have to change spots on the exact day it would be their turn to get skipped. Changing spots any other time would not affect anything. And if somebody did get skipped, they could be assigned a make-up day at the end of the month.

Sprite1313

That particular Perk seems the least benefit to any FS, imho.
extra KP every day is great, as far as I’m concerned. My FS gets gold spire every week, and we usually get 15-16 chests every week in tournament. Most of us also manage to get our return help visits within the 24 hours. So, we went for the KP, because it seemed like it would be the greatest benefit in the long run.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I agree, KP perks are the best reward. We have a Perks KP thread, and you just donate the the prior person in the list, and would normally donate to the persons favourite, unless otherwise advised. We just have the one Perks KP thread, so when we increased from 1 to 2 we just continued the same thread. We are now close to 3 KP per day, which would add 3*25=75 KP to the alliance wonders each day.

crackie

it seemed like it would be the greatest benefit in the long run.
You can't use tourney and spire archive perks every day. Free KPs are daily. Some freebies for everyone in between making use of other perks. Worth it! I find neighborly help least useful. I am also in a highly active Spire and Tourney fellowship with frequent daily visits. It's 4k xp per tourney chest and Spire crystal vs looking under sofa cushions for hands to shake at 10 or 20xps each. Of course, still not as fast at accumulating perk xp than volunteering apparently.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
That particular Perk seems the least benefit to any FS, imho.
Lets say fellowship A has 3 levels of tournament perk. They fill it 1 week and then they use it the next week to get an extra bonus chest. This means over the 2 week period every FS member has gotten 1 Royal Restoration and a 10 pt AW knowledge instant.

Fellowship B has 3 levels of knowledge sharing. Over a 2 week period every single fellowship member will receive 42 points to drop on the AWs of their fellowship members. It's really no comparison as far as leveling up AWs goes.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
We trade points, about half the team participates. One point is a "x" coins per day. For me, that is about 3% of my full allotment and equivalent to about 20 neighborly visits. I don't really see it as material. We bought the first level but frankly, I think the Spire Perk looks to be the best to me, time will tell. I don't really care what my team does with the point. It is theirs to spend as thought best.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Pairs.
  • We give everyone a partner and they each designate an empty wonder for their partner to dump into every day.
  • The pair communicates with each other, no one else is involved.
  • When a wonder hits ~50% they balance out accordingly taking into account the chest rewards they will get from each other and making everything balance.
  • Then those wonders go into the Net0 and they each pick another one.
In case of an odd number of players, you can either create 1 group of 3 or (as is my preference) someone like the AM can simply have 2 partners and use AW KP instants/coins/whatever to cover the second partner when the time comes.

Pros:
  • Doesn't mess with net0
  • 100% fair
  • No AM/mage/ss admin
  • Minimal messaging at just 1 message per 50% wonder, so every ~2 months?

Cons:
  • Need to reasonably pair players together at somewhat similar activity levels, unless the less frequent player has no issue balancing the books later. E.G. I had a partner who was a daily player giving me 35 KP per week. I play once a week so he only got 5 Kp. Obviously, not an issue for us because when it's time to settle up I just use some of my KP instant stash, and I don't mind that.
  • If one player in a pair fades away without notice then their partner could lose out on KPperkLvL*days to notice KP
  • The KP target wonder might not level for a long time. E.G. MM needs 1,000 KP and your perk is level 5, then that won't get 50% full for 100 days. You could, of course, accelerate it yourself by self donating a few hundred, as long as it doesn't annoy your partner that you want to balance the books more frequently.
  • Probably something else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.