• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Knowledge Sharing Perk Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Not true, using pairs solves absences easily since you simply settle up later
-------------------

Well if I donate to the person below me and get back 75 KP from a chest reward on their wonder and the person above me give me KP for no chest reward that';s hardly fair, is it?

we don't worry about tit for tat. We are aware there will be times when you need extra help, and it's granted no matter what. I have not had any complaints yet. If I start getting them we will look at changing the way we do it. How do you settle up later for free stuff?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
We just post it as another KP thread. Seems to work pretty well for us. We start a new thread when we level the perk.
first reply was my thought at well. Just start an extra kp chain thread for the perks. That way those that give are the ones that get. Those that arnt giving or inactive, dont get. - completly fair to all active and participating players.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
for free stuff?
I'm going to use random numbers in this example, so they're not necessarily the numbers you'll see when actually doing it, but the concept is the same:
If my partner has spent 30kp and gotten a chest that refunds them 5kp, they've spent 25kp. If I've spent 30kp and gotten a chest that refunds me 25kp, I've spent 5kp. Not hard to see I've gotten the better end of that deal, lol! Since many times the AW of the partner is one I don't have/won't ever build (exactly how it is right now!) or vice versa, I don't count runes. I consider them the 'free' stuff.
I'd give the extra 20kp to my partner; I'm not interested in profiting off FS members. If it wouldn't mess up the NetZero swap, I'd do it in that same wonder; if it would, I'll toss it in whichever one they want to use next and we'll both make a note of it so it doesn't interfere with us settling up the next time.
This likely only becomes a problem when you play with other nerds who pay attention to numbers, lol! Most casual players don't see it that way (the same reason why they think swap threads are fine and can't wrap their heads around NetZero) because they're not looking at numbers, they're playing the game and view folks who see the numbers as a bit obsessive/compulsive (they're not necessarily wrong about that!) :D
I see very little issues with players in my casual FS where we use swap threads until someone mistakenly skips a player and it doesn't get caught until several other folks have used the same swap thread and then I start getting pms. Gets real fun when someone noticed the issue a few posts back in the thread and tried to 'correct' it and ended up shorting someone else.
I don't use the swap threads personally, so I can give the smaller cities a better chance at getting some of those higher chests with higher kp chests and runes they may actually need that I don't! I have way more excess kp to throw around than smaller cities and with my hoarding inventory could contribute to all the swap threads 1-2x's/day, total in swaps=180kp, so 180-360kp/day. Since I'm taking a break from the research tree atm, it could continue until I go into the next chapter in a year or so. Pretty much guarantees I and the other larger cities will take those top chests every.single.time. That gives us bigger refunds on our kp spent and runes we don't even need and keeps them from our mates who need them.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
we just free ball it and throw them where ever on who ever we happen to be giving kp to when it pops up .. no muss no fuss
Exactly. I don't see how a few free KPs is any different from the free AWPs they win from group rewards after tourney. Couldn't they distribute those free tourney AWPS unevenly to some players and not others? We didn't police how people used their own KPs before. Why fix a problem that doesn't exist? :)

quin629

Perks KPs are not KPs that belong to each player, though. They belong to the FS. Each player gets them only for the purpose of giving them away. My main concern is getting everybody to give them away, every single day. If players don't use them the FS doesn't benefit.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Perks KPs are not KPs that belong to each player, though. They belong to the FS. Each player gets them only for the purpose of giving them away. My main concern is getting everybody to give them away, every single day. If players don't use them the FS doesn't benefit.
If they didn't belong to the player, you wouldn't have the problem of "getting everybody to give them away". As a mage, you would be able to spend the KPs if it belonged to the FS, like Tourney and Spire Archive points ;) If you have no way of wrestling it away from the player or enforcing how they choose to use it (or not), it sounds to me like those KPs belong to the player!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How do you settle up later for free stuff?
Same as in a net-zero.
If you get a chest from someone's wonder that is worth say 50 KP, then you put 50 KP into that wonder.
That's net0, and for perk KP you then simply look to see if you've given each other the same amount (after accounting for chests) and if not add more KP until equal.
Takes 2 minutes once a month and guarantees no guilt or resentment.

hvariidh gwendrot

i can't even imagine being that up tight over helping people with kp on their wonders that i would need to sit around checking the math and worrying over if someone got more than me .. we call them rewards chests and let folks make kp from them, it takes 0 extra minutes a day and people have fun helping each other

TalimSwift

You guys make it soooooo complicated. The way I see this, each player gets X KP per day. Yours to play with. Of course you cant give them to yourself. So just pick a Kp thread, like 10KP thread for example, using the X that you get for free, and fill the rest with instants. problem solved.
If any player doesnt use them, their loss really, because using them as part of a total in a chain, you get them right back on a wonder of your own.

Why bother with all these complications, just treat the free KP as a mini-instant, and everyone is happy

Killy-

You guys make it soooooo complicated. The way I see this, each player gets X KP per day. Yours to play with. Of course you cant give them to yourself. So just pick a Kp thread, like 10KP thread for example, using the X that you get for free, and fill the rest with instants. problem solved.
If any player doesnt use them, their loss really, because using them as part of a total in a chain, you get them right back on a wonder of your own.

Why bother with all these complications, just treat the free KP as a mini-instant, and everyone is happy

Doesn't work if you don't use kp threads (because they are waaaaay to much effort). ;)

SoggyShorts

i can't even imagine being that up tight over helping people with kp on their wonders that i would need to sit around checking the math
I can't even imagine being ok with taking advantage of my friends and turning an unfair profit on their play.
I can see at a glance that I'm getting an unfair advantage in a situation like that, no "checking the math" needed, and my morals just won't allow that.
Thus we set up a no-fuss super easy perfectly fair system. I mean if it takes literally 2 minutes or less per month what's the downside to being fair?

It's the whole reason why advanced FS often choose a better system than swap threads. Wonder Societies and Net0 were invented and are popular for the single reason that some players like to treat their friends fairly. YMMV

SoggyShorts

You guys make it soooooo complicated
It's really not though. I mean I go into detail explaining the benefits of our system and exactly how and why it works but really it boils down to

"Give your partner your daily KP, and she'll give you hers"

I don't think that's soooooo complicated.:p
So just pick a Kp thread, like 10KP thread for example, using the X that you get for free, and fill the rest with instants. problem solved.
In this case you are suggesting they
  • open messages,
  • open the KP swap thread,
  • type out their contribution/request, then
  • open FS page
  • open the player's wonder and
  • contribute perks plus additional KP required.
~11 clicks + whatever you type into the swap thread. Feels like so much work.;) (4,000+ clicks per year)

With a perk swap partner, while doing your daily visits you click on the AW icon and drop your Free KP into the same person's same wonder that you've been doing this to for the whole month. So that's 5 clicks (AW button, AW, free KP, close, close), no typing.

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

like i said we let our members make a profit off of our wonders and we're as advanced as any of the fellowships out there and done it in less time lol so que theme song to different stokes .. well the world don't move to the beat of one just one drum hmm hmm hmm la te da dee dee dum :cool:

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
we let our members make a profit off of our wonders and we're as advanced as any of the fellowships out there and done it in less time
Bolding is mine.
Good to know that profiting off your allies means your FS is getting Gold Spire weekly, 19 FS chests weekly, and of course they're all ranked #1 on each server and take 1st place in every FA. Cudos!
/s

Rp44

Thank you for starting this thread! I almost started a similar one a few weeks ago when we were trying to decide how to use this perk because only a third to half of our members use the swap threads and we wanted everyone to benefit. (I'd love to switch us to NetZero but haven't gotten people convinced yet. )

We decided to give each person a set amount of KP. That way leveling the perk wouldn't mess with anything and we wouldn't be changing people every day. We started at the bottom of the FS list and move up when finished. We have a Read Only thread for listing the target player and their AW and what number of KP we are going to. (Ex: Please donate your free KP to Rp's Dragon Abbey until it reaches 450 KP. ) The target player donates to the person above them in the list. The AM and I have a very simple tracking spreadsheet just in case the FS list shifts at the wrong time. But everyone helps monitor the target AW so we know when to move up to the next person.

It's not perfect and certainly there will be a little bit of unevenness occasionally. I personally don't care about that and so far we haven't had any complaints. Hopefully that will continue lol. We just wanted something that would benefit everyone in the FS as equally as possible with the least amount of work and/or clicking for everyone.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Soggy, some of us just like to play the game. We don't really care if we reach gold status, rank in the top 10, or any of that other stuff. We just like the game!
Agree completely! But, most players who don't care about that stuff also don't come in here making sweeping statements like:
" we're as advanced as any of the fellowships out there and done it in less time"
I think that's what Soggy was responding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.