• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

KP Assignment Error

DeletedUser20951

This is a minor quibble, but it's been present for several months and happens often enough to prompt me to bring it up (the error happens every time the requirements to produce it are met, but I remain online during the actual KP rollover relatively infrequently). When you receive your hourly knowledge point and don't refresh, then go to donate KP to a Wonder (I suspect it occurs with tech research, too), you get a pop-up saying that you don't have sufficient KP when you click to insert all of the KP you currently possess, but you can simply click the single KP option multiple times.
Research Progress.jpg
In the above, if my KP counter had reset to an hour and given me the second KP in the same session, I would have to either reload or put in the points one at a time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've watched this for a while, and I think it's that the client isn't synching with the server as frequently when you are in another person's city. Similarly, if you are in help mode in another city and someone else helps one of the identified buildings before you select the same building, the game can't handle it gracefully.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yes I have been seeing this lately as well, both when in my city donating to my wonders and when donating to other FS members wonders as well!

DeletedUser20951

I didn't actually confirm this with other players, just assumed it was global due to it happening on multiply systems, browsers, and game versions, but it's nice to know it isn't just me. Woo!

shimmerfly

but it's nice to know it isn't just me.

Not just you.
It's aggravating when you want to put a few KP in one tech and, because of the lag, you Or I should say "I" get click happy because nothing is happening... then it takes off and adds much more than intended.
I really hope they start fixing the game rather than adding to it.
It's supposed to be pleasurable not problematic

DeletedUser20951

I really hope they start fixing the game rather than adding to it.
It's supposed to be pleasurable not problematic
I really wish they would, too. Sadly, given the direction of tech, in general, and how it's evolved over the last couple decades, companies know they have consumers pretty much under their thumb, or can simply focus on drawing in and earning a quick buck until people learn better, earning a profit all the while at our expense. What's the recourse? You can be bull-headed and obstinate, like myself, and not use or pay for certain products at the cost of overall utility, functionality, and access (I will totally shoot off my own foot to spite a company I hate), but not many are willing to make such a sacrifice to demand change from the big, mainstream services that have become integral to our daily lives to the point where we'll put up with almost anything because we can't do without. Seems like every business is following this model now, and why shouldn't they when there's no tangible reason not to? And, whoa, apparently I was in the mood for a rant. Whee!