• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Kp bug

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I went to donate 5 kp to a fs member today to finish off there aw and i noticed something not so good... each time i clicked on the regular kp button to donate 1 normal 60min rechargeable kp... both my regular kp and my free daily kp (from perks) BOTH went down by one. So after clicking regular kp, single, button 5 times, im now out 5 kp, and 5 daily kp (10 total) and only 5 went to the fs members aw. - I tried it on my other city and it did the exact same thing.

Not sure the cause, but thats clearly not something that is supposed to happen.

Dominionofgod
elysider (sp)
US 5

Update: It took 5-10 mins, but now the daily kp is showing at full again. :/
Still not a good thing to happen overall tho..

Fyi; the two cities i saw this error with were on two different computer systems. But the error still happened to both of them at the same time. (Browser version)

EDIT: Adding this example, because i think many ppl (in other locations) are misunderstanding what i saw. Its hard to describe in text only. So maybe an example will help.
Lets say i have 15 normal kp and i have 8 free daily kp.
On my first city, i go to donate to a fs members aw.
I click to donate a single normal kp.
My normal kp bar drops to 14 AND my free daily drops to 7.
Click normal single kp again.
My normal kp goes down to 13 AND my free daily drops to 6.
12-5
11-4
10-3
So at the end, i clicked to donate a single normal kp 5 times. And im out 5 normal kp AND 5 daily free kp.
(The AW had plenty of room)
I found that quite odd. So i went to my second city on a diff comp. And the exact same thing happened.
15-8
14-7
13-6
12-5
11-4
10-3
Second city lost 5 normal kp AND 5 free kp.
Both kp counts should not go down from a single click.
I checked a few other aw's jsut to see the number and it kept showing that i lost 5kp from BOTH normal and free kp.
about 10 min later, my free kp bar was back to 8.

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Dominionofgod Can you confirm this is still happening, I can't replicate it and no other reports have come in about this. If so please send a support ticket in and reference this thread.

OIM20

@Dominionofgod - you said that this was the last 5 KP available in the AW. Have you gone to a different FS member's AW to see if the free KP is still available in the center slot?

If what I think was going on is what was going on, it will be.

When you are at the last available amount of KP in an AW and you have free KP, it will only show the free KP to be equal to the amount of available KP.

For example, in my Elcy city, our FS has 7 free KP available daily. If I go into an FS member's AW that has only 3 KP available, it will only show 3 KP. I don't know if the remaining 4 free KP would still be available if used there - I haven't tested it. (If this is still open the next time I notice that, I will record the experiment and post the link to video here.)

Regardless, since you didn't use the free KP but your hourly KP, if you go into a different FS member's AW with plenty of KP available before it is filled, you should see your full free KP amount available. - If what I think is happening is what was actually happening.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod Can you confirm this is still happening, I can't replicate it and no other reports have come in about this. If so please send a support ticket in and reference this thread.
i only saw it that one time (on both cities). I havnt seen this since. Wish is a good thing.

@Dominionofgod - you said that this was the last 5 KP available in the AW. Have you gone to a different FS member's AW to see if the free KP is still available in the center slot?

If what I think was going on is what was going on, it will be.

When you are at the last available amount of KP in an AW and you have free KP, it will only show the free KP to be equal to the amount of available KP.

For example, in my Elcy city, our FS has 7 free KP available daily. If I go into an FS member's AW that has only 3 KP available, it will only show 3 KP. I don't know if the remaining 4 free KP would still be available if used there - I haven't tested it. (If this is still open the next time I notice that, I will record the experiment and post the link to video here.)

Regardless, since you didn't use the free KP but your hourly KP, if you go into a different FS member's AW with plenty of KP available before it is filled, you should see your full free KP amount available. - If what I think is happening is what was actually happening.
No, this is not what happened. First off, there was plenty of room in the aw i was donating to at the time. Secondly, those numbers held the same when i checked a different aw. - Thirdly, If an aw only had 5 kp room left in it, then BOTH my hourly kp and my free kp would limited to 5. They would both be limited to the same number. In this case.. the numbers were different. i would be at 15kp and 8 free kp / then 14kp and 7 kp / 13kp and 6kp... If the aw were limited, those number would have matched/been the same. They were not.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
So there are two numbers of which the system knows: the available daily donation KP (DD) and the KP Bar amount (Bar).

If you go to an AW that needs less than either amount that amount will show the maximum you can give. In other words, it's the max the AW is able to take or the amount of KP in each pool -- DD or Bar.

Here's my guess at what's going on and why few to only you have noticed:

First, how many fellowships actually have a robust sharing perks activated? Most emphasize the tourney and spire caches and thus, I suspect but do not know, this problem is rare partly because so few actually use the feature.

Second, if this is a computational problem at the PC/Device, it may be that the speed of other player's connections (the turn around speed of packets on the Internet), is so fast they don't see it (even if it's there).

Third -- here's what I mean by #2: When you say "add one" to the AW, it doesn't know, I think, from which to take so it adjusts both amounts...appearing to take 2 at once. However, since what it takes has to be reported to the server, it may be that once it gets to the server is prioritizes the DD over the Bar and then sends back an adjusted number that makes the Bar return to it's pre-donation amount. The reason you see the screen take one from both is that that coding on the PC/Device side doesn't include checking the DD pool or the bar but just adjusts both, counting on the server's more sophisticated routine to check and adjust the discrepancy. In other words, since the PC/Device doesn't have that coding needed take from one only, the solution they came up with is to take from both the DD and the Bar and adjust at the server end, updating the local as needed. Finally, if you have a fast enough connection you might not see this as it may be over in a flash, but if you have a slower connection you may see it.

That's my guess. I once played a technician in real life, but not on Television, so maybe I'm not on the level of Marcus Welby, M.D, or some other "I once played it on TV" character. Just so you know. ;)

AJ

OIM20

I went to donate 5 kp to a fs member today to finish off there aw

Then I misunderstood the start of your post. Apologies.

Though, since this did happen in 2 cities, have you tried clearing cache? Your post doesn't specify which browser, but you can Google your browser name and 'clear cache' for directions if it isn't intuitive.

helya used to encourage trying to recreate bug problems in a private browser session (for Firefox, that's ctrl+shift+p, for example). If the problem doesn't persist in the private browsing session, then clearing cache might solve the issue.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Then I misunderstood the start of your post. Apologies.

Though, since this did happen in 2 cities, have you tried clearing cache? Your post doesn't specify which browser, but you can Google your browser name and 'clear cache' for directions if it isn't intuitive.

helya used to encourage trying to recreate bug problems in a private browser session (for Firefox, that's ctrl+shift+p, for example). If the problem doesn't persist in the private browsing session, then clearing cache might solve the issue.
That was the odd thing about it. It did happen on two different cities. But each of those cities were being played on two entirely different computers...

Since then i have not seen it happen again at all. So it seems like a one time incident.. that happened twice, at once.. lol