• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

KP resets

DeletedUser8187

Can you guys give us 1 KP price reset each year. Once a month would be nice, but you all need to make your money I get it. Maybe a way to ring in the New Year could be to reset our KP prices. Especially since these seem to be quests in every Event and they occur more than once in any given Event. Pretty Please with sugar on top. I'll never ask for anything ever again. :D

DeletedUser9601

Never going to happen. Resetting KP prices would lead to thousands of free KP for advanced players.
Right now my KP cost > 500K gold. If that cost went down to 100 gold, I could fill up a chapter's worth of techs with bought KP.
It would be awesome though :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
With a KP reset, I could (and would) buy 1,200 KP right now, and a crapload more every day.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/calculators/knowledgepoints/
Instant wonder upgrades FTW!

Kp costs are actually one of the better balanced things in the game. You should be able to buy 3-7 KP every day all the way through the tech tree if you do all of your visits. (I have and almost never do my map visits)

kctanzen

Another possible solution ==

A percentage reduction each month, rounded up to favor Inno's bottom line.
I don't know the heavy maths needed to make a pretty chart .. but just thinking it through on my daily walking.

Minimum 30%, but possibly up to 50% would be reasonable on a monthly reset timer, like the 13th of every month.
(13 being my favorite number because it gets such a bad rap from most folks).
Over time, the costs continue to increase but at a realistically manageable rate.

So, one would be able to buy knowledge points for a particular special event but not completely hamstring them from purchasing them along the way to help out their progress through the tech tree - or bumping up wonders if they so choose.

This will still leave the incentive for players wanting to speed things up greatly to purchase them while making a reasonable cost / benefit choice for those who take things at a more sedate and deliberate pace.

DeletedUser8187

No, I clearly didn't think about it from other sides. Wheres Ashrem? I know next to nothing about computers, so I don't know if this would be easy, difficult or impossible. Maybe they could link a price freeze when those quest come up, soon as you have purchased/collected those 25 KP completing that quest, prices start to increase again. I don't have a sneaky mind, I can't think of a way someone could purchase more KP. Soon as the required KPs are purchased boom, price freeze over. (minus the boom)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wheres Ashrem?
Avoiding the thread, because I would love it, but it's horribly unbalanced and there is zero chance Inno will do it. If they did, the 4,460,000 coins it would take me to buy five more kp this week would get me 422 kp on January 2nd, which would break the game for anyone in later chapters, because my city can generate that much in a couple of days. Maybe one if I work hard, and I'm only in Wood Elves.

WolfSinger

What I would like to see and what would be a little more balanced is two things:

1) A cap on KP costs = to 10 percent of your coin storage in your main hall

2) When you complete the advanced scout tech to open a new chapter the costs of KP resets to 50% of the cost you are at at the moment.

I'm at over 2000k on my KP purchases, I'm at the end of the tech tree and typically end up buying 3-5 KP per day after collecting coins and still keep my coin storage within 15% of max. If I start a scout I may only buy 1-3 kp that day if I do a full world visit to replenish the coins spent to do the scout.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the KP purchasing is already pretty well balanced. KP-over-time is one of the few real brakes on the system, and the ability to add even 10% or 20% more would be a large shift in progress.

If advanced scouts had reset mine to 50% only 4 times between chapters 1 and 9, the 1600 KP I've bought so far would have cost about 27 million coin. What they've actually cost is about 649 million coin.

The difference if they reset every chapter would have given me more than 35,000 extra KP (so far), and I'd currently be buying them at a rate of about 120 to 200 per day.

DeletedUser9601

I think the KP purchasing is already pretty well balanced. KP-over-time is one of the few real brakes on the system, and the ability to add even 10% or 20% more would be a large shift in progress.

If advanced scouts had reset mine to 50% only 4 times between chapters 1 and 9, the 1600 KP I've bought so far would have cost about 27 million coin. What they've actually cost is about 649 million coin.

The difference if they reset every chapter would have given me more than 35,000 extra KP (so far), and I'd currently be buying them at a rate of about 120 to 200 per day.
MATH'D!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If anyone would like some simple math of their own, it's nice and easy becasue it goes up by 1000 coin for every 2 kp. Whatever your current kp costs are (in thousands of coins) is half of how many you've bought, and is double the average price you paid.

If your price is exactly 500,000, you've bought 1,000 coins and paid 250k each (on average) for a total of 250 million coins. (+/-500 coins....)

DeletedUser6375

This needs a bump. Having to buy kp multiple times per tourny will just make it so anyone who's been around awhile can never finish a tournament. You must see the logic fail in that. Plus whats the point of being able to buy kp, if you're basically forced to reserve it for events, and never can buy it outside of them for fear of them being too expensive when you're forced to buy them during an event to progress.

DeletedUser9601

This needs a bump. Having to buy kp multiple times per tourny will just make it so anyone who's been around awhile can never finish a tournament. You must see the logic fail in that. Plus whats the point of being able to buy kp, if you're basically forced to reserve it for events, and never can buy it outside of them for fear of them being too expensive when you're forced to buy them during an event to progress.
That's not true. If you reserve the goods-to-KP purchases (meaning Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3) for only major events, you'll be fine. This assumes that you continue to advance through the chapters, and upgrade your manufactories accordingly.
But if you proceed through a new chapter in between each major event, your Tier goods production should easily match the costs of buying KP 40ish times.