• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

KP thoughts

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I think that a message should be attached to the KP purchasing to let the newbies know that the KP costs NEVER reset.

I also think that the KP purchase quest should have an alternate because it isn't fair to NEVER reset something and require large purchase amounts.

I personally feel that there should be a reset... hey we could use all those useless rune pieces that are only used rarely in the crafter and given out endlessly in the tourney and event builds and/or the spell fragments everyone has a problem with from the spire.... solves a bunch of difficulties right there...

I digress,
A text line needs to be added to alert newbies that the price will never go anywhere but up and on the general helpful tips... tell them they may not want to purchase KP's that way as they are required in high numbers in the quest lines.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@lisa1036 KP is an abbreviation for knowledge point. And you are right that there are a lot of abbreviations used in the forums. It can take awhile to learn them. Over in the questions and help forum, there is a thread that lists many of them. It might help you.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I also think that the KP purchase quest should have an alternate because it isn't fair to NEVER reset something and require large purchase amounts.
I had to burn a portal profit because of this in order to avoid being tech locked. I'm in Dwarves and producing enough granite and copper to keep pace. But it is very close. Then I got the quest to buy 16 knowledge points in Air Traders. Well, that filled my last available tech. Had I taken the 16 hours to get those knowledge points naturally, I would have had the granite and copper I needed. But since I bought them, I was short.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I had to burn a portal profit because of this in order to avoid being tech locked. I'm in Dwarves and producing enough granite and copper to keep pace. But it is very close. Then I got the quest to buy 16 knowledge points in Air Traders. Well, that filled my last available tech. Had I taken the 16 hours to get those knowledge points naturally, I would have had the granite and copper I needed. But since I bought them, I was short.

Henroo, you know the KP bar can go past max when you are buying KP? You could keep buying til you had 200 KP in the bar, if you wanted to.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion Yeah I know. But you stop accumulating them naturally once you get 10. I didn't want that to happen. My Golden Abyss was full and waiting on a builder to upgrade and Needles was in rune phase so putting the excess points in an AW was not an option at the time.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion Yeah I know. But you stop accumulating them naturally once you get 10. I didn't want that to happen. My Golden Abyss was full and waiting on a builder to upgrade and Needles was in rune phase so putting the excess points in an AW was not an option at the time.

You could have also contributed to the AW of a fellowship member or neighbor.

DeletedUser19458

KP reset will never happen. My KP currently costs 1.8M and I don't bat an eye at buying 5-10 a day. Can you imagine how many I could buy if I reset it to $500 again?

I agree on the other points though. Both a warning to newbs wouldn't hurt and an alternate should be offered in the quest line.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
KP reset will never happen. My KP currently costs 1.8M and I don't bat an eye at buying 5-10 a day. Can you imagine how many I could buy if I reset it to $500 again?

I agree on the other points though. Both a warning to newbs wouldn't hurt and an alternate should be offered in the quest line.

I know it will never happen, but wouldn't it be great if we could use 2000 spell fragments and a bar of rune pieces..... and forge a reset ... maybe a percentage reduction..... not back to the beginning, but maybe a chapter beginning. ..... a threshold that works on an algorithm that takes into account your purchase history.. after the initial chapter reset. How difficult could it be?

Yogi Dave

How difficult could it be?
I always love that statement, especially since I'm a computer programmer.

I've been playing for over 3 years and have never worried about the cost of buying KP. I buy KP most every day with coin overflow. Maybe not in the first couple of chapters since there was always something to do with the coin. In events, I'll often use my goods along with coins for the 'Buy KP' quests. There used to be several 'Spend X KP' followed by 'Buy Y KP' in every event. Not so much anymore. It was a bit frustrating, but you learn. That is part of the fun of the game to me. Be a bit frustrated, learn, and move on. Oh, the complaining is also part of the fun, especially trying to be creative at it. Just getting mad is never fun. :mad:

Since my coin income grows with each chapter as does one of the T goods, the cost of the KP growing and not resetting makes sense to me and in fact makes it more fair. Currently, I'm waiting for Chapter 17 and since I've bought KP since I started the game, a KP cost 2617K coin, or 3880 T1, or 2940 T2, or 2470 T3. None of these cost matter. --- Wait, what am I saying. Yes!!! Let the cost be reset. Man, the 10 million I spend on KP each day would go a long way instead of just a measly 4 KP. I'd probably even take the time each day to do a full set of neighborhood visits getting over 30 million coin. Wow, an AW filled in a day or two. ;) Yeah, just joking, but maybe you can see the problem.

Something telling people it won't be reset might be ok, but not really needed. And it definitely shouldn't say you might not want to do this because it may hurt you in events. If they change events, they now have to go back and fix the message. It did take me a little while to notice the cost didn't reset for KP like it sort of does daily in the wholesaler. Although, the base cost in the wholesaler goes up as you progress through the chapters too and never goes down.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The KP thing hurts early players. The coin instants help, but there should be a warning that the price never goes down. It is the same with other INNO games. It doesn't reset. Would be nice if it did, but it's a pipe dream.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Resetting won't ever happen, but it would be nice if there were a cap for coins and all three goods, even if it were something crazy like 10 million coins. I am at about 2.9 million coins right now and 25k tier 1 and about 13k or 14k for tier 2 and 3.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Resetting won't ever happen, but it would be nice if there were a cap for coins and all three goods, even if it were something crazy like 10 million coins. I am at about 2.9 million coins right now and 25k tier 1 and about 13k or 14k for tier 2 and 3.

I am not sure what a cap would accomplish. Even the slow release of chapters keeps the max coin capacity sufficiently high that players are not running close to that.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The KP thing might hurt some early players, but I never noticed it being particularly difficult, and I played when a n event might require buying 100+ kp over a week or two.

The worst thing that can happen is you have to stop buying KP for a week or two until your Main Hall upgrades and is big enough to buy again. The progression of the game has your MH capacity and coin generation to constantly increase, so unless you are very, very aggressive KP buyer, the cost should never an issue. If you are very aggressive, you just have to pause once in a while until your coin capacity and generation catch up.

DeletedUser2959

KP costs me 4.3 million gold per right now and I still buy them on the daily. I just use KP purchases as an outlet for excess gold. Once you are past the first several chapters gold is rarely an issue and if you only buy KP when your gold is full or quests demand it you should be just fine.