• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

KP threads or ask for donations for available chests?

mikeledo

I notice some people use the threads to swap KP and get AW rewards. Others use their instants on their own AWs and then request donations for available chests. Now at some point the donation aspect would net more KP than the rewards, but at what point? One would have to know the average return per KP swapped. I know some players are obsessed with KP donations and spreading them out in hopes of a return. I would think someone here has done the math.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
By far the most consistent returns on KP is by using a Wonder Society(LINK) but it's a lot of work for those running it.
KP swap threads are pure luck, and unless you have multiple threads with a plan, trying to donate 60+KP 5 at a time on day 2 of a tournament when you are techlocked seems like a huge pain.
If a spreadsheet-based system isn't for you, then I would set up at least 2 swap threads- 1 small 5 or 10 thread, and another that is ~80% of your normal tournament win. This way you can swap say 100 KP in one go and be fairly certain of getting a return on it. This breaks down on bigger AW that require 800+ since you could donate 100 and not get a reward.

There is an alternative I've never seen mentioned that does require some organization but less than a WS I call it the "KP WASH"
Get at least 7 players together who will donate exactly enough to get a reward without profit.
e.g. If there is a
20KP, 15 KP, 10Kp 5 KP and 5KP reward, then they donate
20KP, 15 KP, 10Kp 5 KP and 5KP.
Then you use your own KP to finish it off.
For the donators, it is a wash(except that some get runes) and the receiver basically gets the rewards as a discount to leveling the wonder.
AFAIK no one is doing this, but it's an idea that might work.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2959

I like the swap threads because they make us interact more

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The maths is actually pretty straight forward depending on the question. The game rewards approx. 20%KP from levelling a wonder, this varies a little from wonder to wonder and level.

If people are looking for KP returns than the maths gets difficulty for KP swaps and self levelling as there are far too many variables. Roughly though for a KP swap you are looking at 100% of the cost of a wonder to level it, less if you get lucky when donating to other people. For self levelling you would be very unlucky for no one to donate to your wonder so you will spend less than 100% but likely more than 80% (not too many people give more KP than they will get unless in a swap/society arrangement)

Aspects can vary depending on whether your looking from an individual perspective or for a fellowship.