• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lag & Failures to load

defiantoneks

Overall game performance has been laggy and delayed. Images don't load and/or actions are not performed.
Examples:

in Barracks, Training Ground and Merc Camp all images failed to load for several minutes. Text was present and hover info was available, but no images. This persisted during load of trainees in all three buildings and being opened/closed at least 3 times. Action of "train" was also slower than expected.

In Magic Academy, images failed to load for crafting options and for "reward" popup upon collection of crafted item. Again, text and hover info were available, just not the images.

While visiting neighbors, after selecting the hands icon nothing happened. After a delay of perhaps 10-15 seconds the neighbor's options would appear. I could select an option, they would gray out as if the help had been applied and the grayed out buildings continue to be displayed for a lengthy time or until I close it manually. Same lags repeat with each neighbor, sometimes requiring me to close the notifications completely in an attempt to get things moving. On some instances clicking to the next page or next neighbor "appear" to instigate the action desired at which time multiple windows would try to load at once.

For guest buildings the collections were performed but when selecting each building to reset, nothing happened.

Note that while these issues occurred there were no problems with city buildings appearing, just the image load or "action" items to begin a new production of some sort. It's almost like the grey-out lockup issue before but not actually getting booted. You just have to wait way longer than expected for things to close or resume working.

Issue occurs mainly on desktop. (which is not to say there's been no lag on mobile, but I use that far less so I can't speak to it)
Using MacOS with Firefox.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Anyone having this problem please include the following information

Game version: __ (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)
Game world: __
Browser + version: __
Operating System: __
Steps you've taken to solve the issue on your end: clear cache, try a different browser, disable extensions etc

defiantoneks

Game version: v1.154.6-(16e2eef) - html5 (2022-06-20 17:38)
Game world: Winyandor and Elcysandir
Browser + version: Firefox 102.0 64bit
Operating System: 10.15.7 (Catalina)

(since i failed on my original report)

Last edited:

defiantoneks

@defiantoneks
Any steps you've taken to solve the issue on your end: clear cache, try a different browser, disable extensions etc?
everything was clear and perhaps the errors/issues more evident since i did have a clear cache, there were no stored images to show. mac had a security update yesterday so the machine got a full reboot, firefox is set to clear everything when closed. the only extension running is an adblock, which has always been running so nothing new that would affect the game.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
everything was clear and perhaps the errors/issues more evident since i did have a clear cache, there were no stored images to show. mac had a security update yesterday so the machine got a full reboot, firefox is set to clear everything when closed. the only extension running is an adblock, which has always been running so nothing new that would affect the game.
unless your adblock had an update, that's why we ask you to try disabling it or use incognito.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Thanks @Gkyr

I'm not asking for this info to be a pain or a jerk or because I'm doubting you, I'm specifically asking because if I go to the devs to report a problem, at the very least they want to know these things. If you haven't tried any steps to solve the issue on your end they will ask me to go back and have you try them. I'd rather save myself those steps. The only time I can skip this would be if I can reproduce the issue on one of my devices, if I see the server is actually having issues, or if I have 100 tickets complaining about the same problem.

Robin Panto

Anyone having this problem please include the following information

Game version: __ (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)
Game world: __
Operating System: __
Steps you've taken to solve the issue on your end: clear cache, try a different browser, disable extensions etc

Game version: __1.155.1-49b1bf2-256(US 1.155)
Game world: __Elscandir
Operating System: __Amazon Fire OS 7.3.2.3

I'm at level 13 and have had bad lagging issues for over a year. I play exclusively on my mobile tablet which is an Amazon tablet v10.

Here's what happens: When I first load the game everything works. Then after 10 or so minutes of play I have significant lag with anywhere I want to enter text.

Here's what I've tried:

-rebooting the game
-rebooting the tablet
-cleaning out Elvenar's cash as well as other app's cash and then rebooting
-completely resetting my tablet system to it's out of box software state and reloading the game

None of these have been a permanent fix. The problem returns and frankly, drives me crazy.