• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Leaving Game because of New Battle Design

• Thread starter DeletedUser4508
  • Start date

DeletedUser2870

lol, a week in, that would be the treants? Send in the archers and keep them out of range, those monsters move slow. You should bee able to wipe them out with archers without taking a single hit.

That would work...IF you only face treants. But it's far more likely your archers will be wiped out by the surrounding units before they will be able to take down even a single unit.
This was exactly why I started my account on the belgian server: to see if one could play without diamonds and what problems a new player faces. first you're encouraged to scout, then get wiped out and blamed on top of that.
I'm not surprised he quit. Several friends of mine whom I invited to the game faced exactly the same problems and quit as well.

Thistleknot

Can someone tell me how its changed. I am new. I just started a few days ago. I have noticed that the battles are very difficult after your first few provinces. The squad sizes you have to fight are huge! I know you can upgrade your Barracks, but it just seems to be a far fetched accomplishment.

Feyre NightStar,
To try to summarize the situation, the whole combat system has been changed over the last 4 to 6 weeks. The system itself seems like a good system, but the balance is way off. People in the first couple of Ages of the tech tree are having issues winning combats as well as people of all levels as the get farther out in their exploration. This all comes down to Inno deciding that players were getting "too far ahead," but there has never been a good explanation as to what that means and why it's an issue. Most of the recent changes seem to be in the guise of rebalancing the game, but are in fact just plain greed. By making the combat system extremely difficult to win, players cannot conquer provinces to gain expansions which would force them to use diamonds to buy premium expansions. But that cost has become exorbitant as well.

The result of all of this is that a lot a people are unhappy with the way the game is currently and want Inno to make changes to either bring back the old way prior to the changes or at least to make the new changes enjoyable to play. In general, a large number of players have quit and almost all that are left are no longer buying diamonds in protest of the current conditions.

I know all of this sounds discouraging, but consider staying with the game to see if we can all convince Inno to bring back to game that we all fell in love with.

DeletedUser5117

Feyre NightStar,
To try to summarize the situation, the whole combat system has been changed over the last 4 to 6 weeks. The system itself seems like a good system, but the balance is way off. People in the first couple of Ages of the tech tree are having issues winning combats as well as people of all levels as the get farther out in their exploration. This all comes down to Inno deciding that players were getting "too far ahead," but there has never been a good explanation as to what that means and why it's an issue. Most of the recent changes seem to be in the guise of rebalancing the game, but are in fact just plain greed. By making the combat system extremely difficult to win, players cannot conquer provinces to gain expansions which would force them to use diamonds to buy premium expansions. But that cost has become exorbitant as well.

The result of all of this is that a lot a people are unhappy with the way the game is currently and want Inno to make changes to either bring back the old way prior to the changes or at least to make the new changes enjoyable to play. In general, a large number of players have quit and almost all that are left are no longer buying diamonds in protest of the current conditions.

I know all of this sounds discouraging, but consider staying with the game to see if we can all convince Inno to bring back to game that we all fell in love with.

Thistleknot,
Thanks for answering my question. I completely understand now. And it is a bit discouraging. Because once you get in a situation where it seems you cant accomplish anything without diamonds.... that's where it tends to be game over. I'm doing ok right now. We'll see where this all goes I suppose.

What can I do to help? Is there anything that anyone is doing to help sway Inno's decision to make those changes?

DeletedUser2870

@Feyre NightStar
Best thing to do is keep an eye on the forum and let Inno know how you feel about it.
And if you do run into the problems during the game, to file a support-ticket with a complaint about it.

Strangely enough, a LOT of people have been doing so and aren't getting anywhere, but it really is hard to disguise the fact that many players are leaving the game. So one would expect them to show some common sense after a while since they run a very real risk of driving the game into the ground and that way there will be no revenue at all for them.
But it does seem to take a very long time. Apparently they decided that asking people $50,- for an expansion is a reasonable rate. I wonder how many people they expect will actually pay that kind of money and how long it will take for them to notice that the income will be dropping, not rising.

DeletedUser5117

@Feyre NightStar
Best thing to do is keep an eye on the forum and let Inno know how you feel about it.
And if you do run into the problems during the game, to file a support-ticket with a complaint about it.

Strangely enough, a LOT of people have been doing so and aren't getting anywhere, but it really is hard to disguise the fact that many players are leaving the game. So one would expect them to show some common sense after a while since they run a very real risk of driving the game into the ground and that way there will be no revenue at all for them.
But it does seem to take a very long time. Apparently they decided that asking people $50,- for an expansion is a reasonable rate. I wonder how many people they expect will actually pay that kind of money and how long it will take for them to notice that the income will be dropping, not rising.
Thanks Dhurrin. I also like your signature. That's a great way to state our opinion on every post. I might grab that idea from you. :D

Thistleknot

Feyre Nightstar,
As far as what you can do to help, here are a few suggestions. I found you on Arendyll and I see that you're in a fellowship. Talk to your fellowship about protesting by not buying diamonds at all until the game is suitably playable again. We unanimously agreed to protest and ny archmage followed suit of other guilds and put protest in our guild name. Dhurrin had a good suggestion to put in a ticket if you have issues. Look around here on the forums. There are lots of opinions about what is happening. Lend you voice here. Hopefully the message will get back to Inno and things will change for the better.

DeletedUser4375

Once you changed the numbers per squad, I could no longer battle no matter how many squad upgrades I have done... I have over 100 per squad now and cant beat 4 squads of 25ish and one of 110 range... when I used to. And now we have battles that dont show what is going on but you lose all your squads as soon as you do this? You guys seriously need to look into how to fix this as the battles is what most are in the game for, and if nobody can battle anymore... and I have talked to a few players... those who I can contact because they are in my clan... cant talk in a global chat to see what is going on because that is not available as it is in other games. Am I missing something?

DeletedUser2870

@BluebellLeigh
It's happening pretty much over all worlds. And on all levels. I have had friends who are experienced gamers start and they quit after a few weeks because of this issue. But I also have seen middle-ranked and top-players quit over it.
In all the worlds I played in I have lost FS-members over this issue. Take a look at the forums and see hwo many threads there are about FS's seekng members and how many started after this became an issue.
I don't know about every world, but I can see on the dutch one that the number of inactive players has risen.
And that I'm still rising in rank when not getting more ranking points, which only happens when higher ranked players quit and sell off most buildings or completely remove their accounts.

DeletedUser2963

they are so out- numbered and over-powered even in the first few provinces around their cities inno team you really messesd this game up
There does seem to be a balancing issue in chapter 2/3, ring 4. I have not hit it yet in my new city, chapter 2 ring 3. Holding off on ring 4 until I get all my chapter 2 squad size and troop upgrades. But I can assure you, I was not outnumbered in ring 1, 2, or 3. But don't take my word for it, or the word of the half dozen other people on this forum who will tell you the same thing, start your own new city.

Winning is very possible, as long as players do not scout or try to fight much beyond the province count needed to unlock the next chapter. And that is the issue. The line that inno drew.

DeletedUser188

I chalenge you to start a new city and try to win any battles good luck with that
I started a new city about 1 week before battle change and was able to scout in straight line to ring 5
After the change I couldn't win that ring 5 province because I was in chapter 1 and outnumbered
But I was able to kick butt in ring 1 , 2 , and part of 3
I am near the end of chapter 2 just researched treants and half way to unlocking tournaments
I have won 23 provinces all by combat not by negotiating
In my city that has 312 completed provinces I cant win because I am outnumbered so I don't fight
The new city with 23 provinces I win every battle because I outnumber the enemy so fights are relatively easy
Fighting in Elvenar is not Rocket Science a new player that has researched the same techs as me and only scouted and won the minimum provinces shouldn't have a problem winning either
The battle's in Elvenar are not hard as long as your troops aren't outnumbered
But don't take my word for it, or the word of the half dozen other people on this forum who will tell you the same thing, start your own new city.

DeletedUser2870

I started a new city about 1 week before battle change and was able to scout in straight line to ring 5

The battle's in Elvenar are not hard as long as your troops aren't outnumbered

Indeed. And even if you are outnumbered 1,5 : 1 or 1,8 : 1 the battles are tough, but do-able, though with heavy losses. 1:2 is pretty much borderline and can only be won with a great deal of luck and favorable terrain, which is very rare.
When you encounter squads 3, 4, or 5 times your own there is NO way to win anymore. But in the old system I could sometimes beat squads 3 times my size, or at least have it close.