• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Legislation against the Shanty Town Season in Elvenar Cities

Palavyn

I've changed the proposal to reflect the comments. Original post is on page 3. Here is where we are at. Please let me know which items to remove from this list.

1) Return the badge cost for Farmers back to 5
2) Change the requirement for the Blacksmith badge to producing a set amount of supplies.
3) Replace the requirement for the Elegant Statue badge to producing a set amount of T2, T3, Sentient, and/or Ascendant goods.
4) Prizes more consistent with effort (for example, an enchantment or time boost for each round of the Pit)
5) ONE of these:
a) Remove the 9-hour Farmer badge and add a 9-hour T1 badge (call it a Ring, to fit with the Necklace/Statue theme).
b)Remove the 3-hour Carpenter badge and add a 3-hour T1 badge (call it a Ring, to fit with the Necklace/Statue theme).

Items that need more development.
*Separate city for the FA
*Common Pool for the Pit

Pros: Reduces the amount we need to tear down city and build it back up to be competitive, which gets old for some people.
Cons: Some people enjoy tearing down city and building it back up.

Last edited:

defiantoneks

1. I love the descriptive. Nicely written
2. Have always held issue with the Farmer and Carpenter badges taking the same amount. One takes 3x longer but you still need 10? pfft.
3. How would you feel about breaking the combat into sections based on FS ranking? like Divisions in college ball, so powerhouse FS dont compete against way lower ranked ones?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
This created a huge homeless problem and unrest.
Hey Buddy, it sounds like they need help burning things. We have to show @helya we're equal opportunity pyromaniacs and don't constrain our talents to just the forum. Be right there, @Palavyn! BTW, did City Council pass that resolution about building the intra-fellowship monorail or do I have to find out if Buddy has teleporting abilities? It'll be all fun and games until our Archmage shows up with the army that generated his 1000+ Elvarian Guard badges in his inventory.

2. Have always held issue with the Farmer and Carpenter badges taking the same amount. One takes 3x longer but you still need 10? pfft.
3. How would you feel about breaking the combat into sections based on FS ranking? like Divisions in college ball, so powerhouse FS dont compete against way lower ranked ones?
2. I know! Make Farmers 5 again. Things would move faster and players would feel more engaged instead of feel like they're farming in real time.
3. OooOoOooOo...like Leagues for FAs?

defiantoneks

something like that. anything that would level the field a bit

4. allow players to donate their badges to a common "pool" for the pit. (only the pit). make it so AM or Mage can access this pool to complete and "flush" without everyone being present to kick in one badge at a time (less wasted badges at the end)

Flashfyre

I'd rather see one of the Workshop badges replaced with another T1 badge:
1. Remove the 9-hour Farmer badge and add a 9-hour T1 badge (call it a Ring, to fit with the Necklace/Statue theme).
2. Remove the 3-hour Carpenter badge and add a 3-hour T1 badge (call it a Ring, to fit with the Necklace/Statue theme).

Because the Bracelet relies on a quantity of T1 goods, it can be more difficult to craft these with all the T1 factories on 1-day/2-day builds, when you need to have some 3- and 9-hour productions running. Also, this would make the T1 section of shantytown more profitable, possibly bringing in more coin to improve the roads (dirt paths are such unsightly ways to travel).

Nerwa

Prizes, not badges, where I think the FA really falls short. Stage 1 - artifact sorcery. Stage 2 - artifact sorcery & that KP cart or something. Stage 3 - Building set sorcery (one piece). Pit - an extra instant or enchantment either randomly or every time a cycle of badge packages is complete.

The stage prizes ought to be easy to re-code. Pit prize shouldn't be awful; it would be similar to the daily NH prizes.

BrinDarby

Slums : Smallest T1 and workshop possible, not just lvl-1

Slums are just the logical conclusion/evolution of gameplay per the rules.
They makeup the majority of the ( longest to make ), and are all production
badges. It only takes 1 FS to have vast slums, to force many other FSs to also
do the same thing. That trickles down to every FS. Also, many smaller FSs
will need a few Slumlords, just to make sure they can complete 1 path per stage.
Lets face it 62 statues, blacksmiths and/or necklaces , don't just fall from the sky.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Let me start by saying that I LOVE the new changes to the Fellowship Adventure.

But the citizens in my city still loath it and are on the verge of revolting against me. I confess I converted previously nice places to live and work into ghettos in my greedy ambition to do well in the Fellowship Adventure. This created a huge homeless problem and unrest. I promised them I would work hard to restore their beautiful city once the FA is over, but we all feel the shanty towns shouldn't have been necessary. Teleporting or tearing down beautiful buildings to replace them with more ugly level 1 buildings only to reverse the process a week later gets old fast. Also, producing resources in level 1 buildings seems rather pointless and is the opposite of what we should be doing to be successful; not to mention one public opinion poll revealed that Elvenar citizens hate working level 1 buildings. The City Council came up with suggestions and mandated that I post here.

1) Replace the requirement for the Blacksmith(or Farmer) badge from the 24-hour(or 9-hour) workshop production with producing a set amount of supplies (scaled for level as in the quest tasks).
2) Replace the requirement for the Elegant Statue badge from the 48-hour T1 manufactory production with a set amount of T2, T3, Sentient, and/or Ascendant goods (scaled for level as in the quest tasks).
3) Reduce the number of productions required for the other badges that are typically performed by level 1 buildings. For example, reduce the Carpenter badge from 10 to 5.

These changes represent moving away from activities that only help in the Fellowship Adventure towards activities that simultaneously help advance the overall game. It would significantly reduce the number of level 1 manufactories and workshops needed to be competitive.
I absolutely love this.

Heymrdiedier

I absolutely love this.
i love it too, but.
you know it will result in exploits in another way, for example chapter 3/4 citys, with a huge city layout, who then dont need much production (relatively speaking) for the badges, making them a huge badge production city. A bit like bracelets are very easy now already as small city, but very difficult for end game citys.

I kinda still prefer a seperate city during FA, which is only accessible during the FA (so no preparation beforehand possible) that is the same size for every player, where everyone has to build what they prefer etc. So its a fair game for everyone, and not easily rigged. (would imo increase diamond spending as well)

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
i love it too, but.
you know it will result in exploits in another way, for example chapter 3/4 citys, with a huge city layout, who then dont need much production (relatively speaking) for the badges, making them a huge badge production city. A bit like bracelets are very easy now already as small city, but very difficult for end game citys.

I kinda still prefer a seperate city during FA, which is only accessible during the FA (so no preparation beforehand possible) that is the same size for every player, where everyone has to build what they prefer etc. So its a fair game for everyone, and not easily rigged. (would imo increase diamond spending as well)
I agree I prefer an FA + event town to. but as it currently is I still prefer participating in an FA with real cities instead of shanty towns

I also would not mind storing some buildings in favour of some more FA related. for example remove some armouries add some factories.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol
I use teleports to play with my pure culture, and to change the shape of my culture patch. This helps with varying guest race space. I build factories that are needed for next chapter, play with regular vs sentient factories as well. I trade magical and regular houses and workshops as well.

defiantoneks

"Separate City for FA's so we don't have to trash our cities and rebuild"

i will admit i typically dont like suggestions of this sort, because space is the challenge for most of the game, but in the FA i think this would really emphasize the team aspect and communication.

Palavyn

"Separate City for FA's so we don't have to trash our cities and rebuild"

i will admit i typically dont like suggestions of this sort, because space is the challenge for most of the game, but in the FA i think this would really emphasize the team aspect and communication.

I'm still trying to figure out what this means and how it would be implemented. Maybe we each could have an "underground district" consisting of 20-30 expansions. We could access it any time with a tab and build only dirt paths, manufactories, and workshops at no cost to population or culture. We can START productions in the underground and timers count down, but we can't collect finished productions unless a FA is active.

defiantoneks

I'm still trying to figure out what this means and how it would be implemented. Maybe we each could have an "underground district" consisting of 20-30 expansions. We could access it any time with a tab and build only dirt paths, manufactories, and workshops at no cost to population or culture. We can START productions in the underground and timers count down, but we can't collect finished productions unless a FA is active.
i think i would prefer seeing a percentage based space assignment. say you've got 100 expansions opened, you'd get a 50 expansion space to run your FA. someone else has 40 expansions, so they'd get 20 for their FA space. i think something along those lines would maintain the integrity of your FS level rather than flattening the field completely.

edeba

I'd rather see one of the Workshop badges replaced with another T1 badge:
1. Remove the 9-hour Farmer badge and add a 9-hour T1 badge (call it a Ring, to fit with the Necklace/Statue theme).
2. Remove the 3-hour Carpenter badge and add a 3-hour T1 badge (call it a Ring, to fit with the Necklace/Statue theme).

Because the Bracelet relies on a quantity of T1 goods, it can be more difficult to craft these with all the T1 factories on 1-day/2-day builds, when you need to have some 3- and 9-hour productions running. Also, this would make the T1 section of shantytown more profitable, possibly bringing in more coin to improve the roads (dirt paths are such unsightly ways to travel).
I like the idea of changing the farmer badge from 9 hour workshop to 9 hour t1 and just getting rid of that WS badge.

I've been vocal that changing the farmer from 5 to 10 workshops was the the wrong move and that it would have been better to have reduced the BS from 5 to 2 WS.

I think by design the demand for slum badges determines how well you do. When they got rid of some of the workshop badges, I thought great, smaller slums, but that doubling of the farmer actually increased the slum from if they'd not made any changes for the workshops and I think more difficult to balance badges.

I disagree on that one. It most certainly isn't fair to players who have expanded their city, and now with how stupid the tournament is that you do better by not moving forward and having a smaller city, well I think it is good that a cost is that they have less spaces for the FA. I don't think your definition of "fair" is fair at all. It is taking away an FA advantage that players have paid for and currently pay dearly for every tournament and spire.